Now i have made a thread stating i would be getting the Curve 8900...but that feel through as i found out that i wasnt elligible for an upgrade. But im thinking of buying one new as it is.

But i have a question. As of right now i have a sidekick, and it stops working good every now and then and overall i am sick of the phone. But if i were to finally get a Bb would it be worth it? Because i dont want the phone to break down on me after 8 months and having to struggle to find a new phone.
    12-09-09 10:31 PM
    BB are known for their reliability , but they also suffer from some quirks.
    12-09-09 11:03 PM
    BB are known for their reliability , but they also suffer from some quirks.
    What kind of quirks?

And another question. Is there anywhere on the web that i can buy a used BB to have one hand as a backup and to use until i get my upgrade? Id like to get a Curve 8520 and if possible id like to purchase it for no more than 150. I dont know if that is possible but if it s can you please point me into the right direction?
    12-09-09 11:08 PM
    sometimes the BB wouldn't behave the way they are meant to;you have to do a quickpull to mend that,but overall it's an extremely stable device. You can try the ebay for used BBs.
    12-09-09 11:21 PM
    sometimes the BB wouldn't behave the way they are meant to;you have to do a quickpull to mend that,but overall it's an extremely stable device. You can try the ebay for used BBs.
    Ok thanks. And i checked Ebay...no go for now.
    12-09-09 11:29 PM
    Have you looked on Craigslist? That's how I sell my old ones.
    12-09-09 11:35 PM
    Have you looked on Craigslist? That's how I sell my old ones.
    Ill do that right now thanks.

How is the 8320??

Like i said this would just be a backup phone and a phone to tinker with until i get a new one.
    12-09-09 11:43 PM
    I came from the sidekick lx. The 8900 is a breath of fresh air. You will like the bb. Give the 8320 a try, my sister has one and it works pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 02:11 AM
    I adjusted the thread title.
    12-10-09 10:04 AM
    I came from the sidekick lx. The 8900 is a breath of fresh air. You will like the bb. Give the 8320 a try, my sister has one and it works pretty well.

Ok, if i can get my hands on one then i will for sure.

I adjusted the thread title.
    Lol. I was looking for this thread when i woke up and i couldnt find it...now i know why
    12-10-09 10:15 AM
    Sorry about that! But we always try to make the thread titles as discriptive as possible so others can be helped too.
    12-10-09 10:24 AM
    Yes, very reliable. I have had my share of smart phones. Anything from WM, to palm, and iphone. I even owned a sidekick ID and LX (although they are not considered smartphones IMO).

The biggest problems with WM is the amount of tweaks that were available for me. The problem was its just like a computer where I messed things up a lot, and had to reflash the firmware multiple times. Also, there was a new ROM every week that i wanted to try out. When trying new roms you delete everything your phone has. It was easy to do a restore but I quite often ran into the problem where my contacts or text messages which worked fine on a previous version caused issues when restoring.

On top of that the dialer would wait about 2 rings before it actually popped up on the WM device. It was due to lag. Sometimes i would get only 1 ring and then it would say missed call. When I tested it myself it turned out that the caller's phone rang multiple times before my phone recognized it.

Not reliable.. IMO

I used palm pre for a bit, i cannot comment on the reliability because it wasnt long enough

the iphone has less than crappy battery life. I had to carry the portable USB charger adapter with me. Not reliable.. IMO

Sidekick.. lol
    you will be very happy with the switch from sidekick to blackberry. I promise you.

overall my 9700 is very reliable. The GPS always works if i am lost. I can always depend on my phone to ring when someone calls me.

Once again this is only my opinion.
    12-10-09 11:55 AM
    I have not had a cell phone for two years, That is until my girlfriend made me get one! We got matching Storm 9530's and I couldn't be happier. I've seen all kinds of whining and crying about how horrible this phone was/is and idk what people are talking about. I started with O.S. 4.7 in October when i got my phone and had no bugs at all. I upgraded to 5.0 and have noticed my experience has only improved. i run numerous apps and sustain good memory (29-30 mb) on constant basis, and have never had a crash. It took little effort and time to figure this phone out (thanks to this site in part) and would /have suggested it to anyone! My thanks to Blackberry and this site

12-10-09 02:52 PM
    Blackberry's build quality is not what it used to be. I don't know where RIM has gone wrong, but pretty much every device Storm 1 and since has been plagued with production issues.

Such a shame. They were the quality giants out there.

If you get a good device, it generally should hold up under normal conditions. Oh, and unless its 8700 or earlier... You'll need a case. Again... Just not what they used to be.

12-10-09 06:28 PM
    Blackberry's build quality is not what it used to be. I don't know where RIM has gone wrong, but pretty much every device Storm 1 and since has been plagued with production issues.

Such a shame. They were the quality giants out there.

If you get a good device, it generally should hold up under normal conditions. Oh, and unless its 8700 or earlier... You'll need a case. Again... Just not what they used to be.

Ok thanks. And i found an unlock 8800 for 105. Will it being unlocked pose any problems?? And btw. This will only be my main phone for a few months. Then after that itll be my backup phone.

But will an unlocked blackberry work good?
    12-10-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD