Awesome. I know 2 of the guys there. I work in town behind a bar so......

As far as promotion. None that i saw. Even over the BB station, nothing to note.
    04-03-13 04:07 PM
    My visit was almost identical to yours. When I questioned why they only had a dummy model displayed and not the working demo, his response was "why bother, why demo a phone nobody is asking about.". When I mentioned that I would love to try the working demo, he got pissed about having to go through the incredibly difficult process of opening the box! I eventually ended up ending his misery by booting the phone up myself. When I asked for the password to access the settings, he was less than willing to look and said that he wasn't sure what it was or if they even had one. My curiosity is this ... why have inept sales associates unwilling to mention a product when corporate has invested heavily in a product line? Do they wish to see BlackBerry fail in order for their OS fanboy status untarnished by offering another platform? Why no in store marketing or signage? I was so aggravated at the associate, I handed him back the device and told him his customer relations sucked. At which point he turned off the device and reboxed the demo! I was in disbelief that a store in a mall with moderate foot traffic is doing NOTHING to promote, much less sell the BB10. Rant ends here, but the salesman's total lack of interest/training still has me steaming ...
    04-03-13 04:36 PM
    ...My curiosity is this ... why have inept sales associates unwilling to mention a product when corporate has invested heavily in a product line? Do they wish to see BlackBerry fail in order for their OS fanboy status untarnished by offering another platform? Why no in store marketing or signage? I was so aggravated at the associate, I handed him back the device and told him his customer relations sucked. At which point he turned off the device and reboxed the demo! I was in disbelief that a store in a mall with moderate foot traffic is doing NOTHING to promote, much less sell the BB10. Rant ends here, but the salesman's total lack of interest/training still has me steaming ...
    It boils down to management at the stores and how they train their sales associates. For some sales associates it is easier for them to sale a phone based on what they are currently using/like, so to them it make no difference what the customer needs or wants are.

It is up to store management to set the guidelines that their sales associates should follow and if a particular sale associates does not follow those guidelines then management should get rid of them. Now, the flip side to this is good help is hard to find (given what sales associates get paid), so management maybe willing to overlook things as long as that associate is selling something.
    04-03-13 05:00 PM
    I pre ordered my Z10 from Verizon but stopped at the store a couple days ago anyway to look at their holsters and get a screen protector put on.

The manager took care of me as there was no other customers at that time. He was an ex BB user turned I phone user and was totally psyched for the Z10.

He even asked me if I tried out the awesome time shift camera yet. Which I hadn't! He said him and his guys were really impressed by it.

As a disclaimer, this was not a Corp store. (I really dislike them as you have to take a number first. Screw that..)

But these guys were on it and clearly wanted to sell their inventory of Z10's.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:33 PM
29 12