So with the impending release of the new BB10 I have been thinking about the entire smartphone market. I have been a proud BB owner for at least the last 5 years, but I also own Android, Apple and Windows products. So I have used smartphones on all the major platforms and I do see advantages and disadvantages with each one.

Although I want RIM to succeed, regain market share and return to profitability, I also do want a vibrant smartphone market with several successful platforms. That way it forces each company to remain innovative and not become a victim of complacency. What I mean is it is very easy for a company with 60% to 70% of the market share to become too comfortable and lose its focus, to the detriment of its customers, as it is not under immediate threat by its competitors and makes it very easy for them to ignore what they are doing. But if is was a situation where say each of the 4 main platforms controlled 20 - 25% of the market, then I think it would force the companies to have more of an incentive to keep on its toes and respond more effectively to their customer needs and market trends.

These are just my thoughts and I would like to hear yours.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-16-13 03:30 AM