Hey guys,

I have a BB 8320 and my wireless charges for GPRS/EDGE is pretty high for my pay check. so is there any way that you guys can help me on using the thetered BB modem for a PC through the WIFI in my 8320 ??? you knw, i can take it to a WIFI hotspot and try my online stuff. Please dont ask why i cannot use the WLAN in my laptop... he he....

Thanks..
    06-01-08 02:37 AM
    Sorry..... I just have to

Why can't you use your wlan on your laptop?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 07:59 AM
    I had no problems using my Wi-Fi as a tethered modem. I made sure that the MOBLE feature was turned off and the Wi-Fi on my laptop was turned off as well. The only way I was getting the internet was through my BB 8320 (curve). Although I did not do a speed test I thought the speed was just as fast as if I were using my normal laptop Wi-Fi.

Why did I do this……..because I could….That’s why.
    06-01-08 09:46 PM
    I had no problems using my Wi-Fi as a tethered modem. I made sure that the MOBLE feature was turned off and the Wi-Fi on my laptop was turned off as well. The only way I was getting the internet was through my BB 8320 (curve). Although I did not do a speed test I thought the speed was just as fast as if I were using my normal laptop Wi-Fi.

Why did I do this……..because I could….That’s why.
    Could you detailed the steps on how you did this? I am interested because, I have a BOLD from ATT and has free ATT hotspot access thought the BOLD. If I were to use my laptop's wifi, i would have to pay at those hotspots. Any help of how to tether (piggyback) on Bold's wifi connection to access internet on my laptop would be a great help.
    12-17-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD