You will need to know your IMEI number (found in Options->Status). Most carriers should give you your unlock code, but you may have to purchase a code from a vendor such as GSM Unlock Online. Each BlackBerry has its own unlock code, so you can't just get your friends unlock code, etc.

Once you have your unlock code follow these steps: (Note: You need to have a SIM card in your phone, whether active or not doesn't matter)

BlackBerry 8800/8300 Curve

1. Go to Settings Menu -> Options
    2. Select Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    3. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
    5. A prompt should come up "Enter Network MEP Code" Type in your unlock code then press the track wheel to confirm.
    6. The phone is now unlocked.

BlackBerry 8100

1. Insert SIM card and power phone on.
    2. Make sure the radio and wireless are turned off.
    3. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    4. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
    5. Type MEPP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
    6. Enter the unlock code and press enter
    7. Reboot. Device is now unlocked.

BlackBerry 8700

1. Follow steps 1-4 from above.
    2. While holding the ALT key type MEPE
    3. A prompt will appear. Enter your unlock code and press in the jog dial to confirm.
    4. Device is now unlocked.

BlackBerry 6xxx, 7xxx

1. Go to Options -> SIM Card
    2. Type MEPD for all models except 7100 in which case type MEPPD (you won't see the text)
    3. Usually you will see "active" NET lock. Disable by typing MEP2 or MEPP2 for the 7100.
    4. You should be prompted to enter your unlock code. Enter it.
    5. Device should be unlocked.
    03-25-08 09:40 AM
    This is actually carrier specific.
    03-25-08 10:39 AM
    Hi!

How many attempts do you have if you enter a wrong code? and what happens if you use all attempts?
    05-04-08 09:22 AM
    Hi!

How many attempts do you have if you enter a wrong code? and what happens if you use all attempts?
    It is not like the device password, if you get it wrong, you can reenter it as needed. Equally likely, if you are getting it wrong, you may not have a valid unlock code.

If you are trying random codes, it could take you a while.
    05-04-08 12:16 PM
    It is not like the device password, if you get it wrong, you can reenter it as needed. Equally likely, if you are getting it wrong, you may not have a valid unlock code.

Too many incorrect tried can lock your phone to the carrier completely...
    05-04-08 02:34 PM
    Hi!

You have 10 tries to enter it, after that, the phone is locked to your carrier permanently.

It is like a device password, if you enter it wrong, 10 times, it will lock the phone to the carrier, it won't be able to be unlocked. still will be useable though.
    05-04-08 03:02 PM
    Is there a way to reset the counter?? I have 6 times left just playing with the dang thing; I didn't even wanted to unlock the phone. Silly me.
    05-04-08 05:57 PM
    You think?

We are dealing with device level config. There is no way they have included an attempt trap.

For clarity, you do not need a SIM card to unlock the device. I bought mine factory sealed and unlocked it myself, just to be sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 08:56 PM
    i am located in jamaica, my blackberry pearl 8100 is locked to cable and wireless, i went to the deal store today and they told i am to carry the phone to a technician to unlock cuz the dnt have a unlock code for the phone, does anybody have unlock code or can get unlock for me?? i dnt knw anybody that unlocks phones and dnt wana give it to any amateur!! can any body offer some help? shed some light right here?
    08-08-08 05:26 PM
    can i have the network MEP? for IMEI 354879.01.082673.2
    08-08-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD