I notice with long emails, I will get the msg "Message Truncated due to size". Is there a setting I can set which will prevent it from being truncated? A lot of these are business emails that I would like to read while out of the office.
    11-29-10 03:18 PM
    I notice with long emails, I will get the msg "Message Truncated due to size". Is there a setting I can set which will prevent it from being truncated? A lot of these are business emails that I would like to read while out of the office.
    Unfortunately, that is a limitation of BIS, and you cannot change a setting to prevent the truncation. I believe BES does not suffer from this limitation, but the plan is more expensive and your company has to run a BES server to use that.
    kahj1975 likes this.
    11-29-10 03:22 PM
    Step 1. Buy RIM
    Step 2. Change company policy/servers
    Step 3. ?
    Step 4. Profit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 03:27 PM
    Try forwarding the emails to your webbased email progam and open it inside the browser.

I just tried this and it works. I sent myself a HUGE email (a list of words). It was truncated on my Storm. Then I FORWARDED that sucker and opened the email on my PC. it had every word in the list (ie the email wasn't truncated). I then opened yahoo mail in my browser, and saw that the email opened there, while not formatted properly with my test email, was COMPLETE. cool, eh?? a kludge, but better than NOTHING.
    kahj1975 and canadiandave like this.
    11-29-10 04:03 PM
    Try forwarding the emails to your webbased email progam and open it inside the browser.

I just tried this and it works. I sent myself a HUGE email (a list of words). It was truncated on my Storm. Then I FORWARDED that sucker and opened the email on my PC. it had every word in the list (ie the email wasn't truncated). I then opened yahoo mail in my browser, and saw that the email opened there, while not formatted properly with my test email, was COMPLETE. cool, eh?? a kludge, but better than NOTHING.
    Hey! You saved me a lot of messing round,many thanks, now I've got an icon on my home screen for trunced e mails,works a treat, cheers again!
    Dave
    10-27-11 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD