Is it possible to use the Bold to read and type Russian characters?
    My provider is Rogers Wireless and I have been told that it's not?

Just double checking.
    I am getting sick and tried of my iPhone with it's stupid battery life and constant bugs/crashes but I can't let go of it and get Bold until I know that I can type in Russian letters.
    10-01-08 10:38 AM
    You can copy and paste the characters into your Autotext. It may be time consuming but it'll work.
    10-01-08 11:00 AM
    Очень приятно

No problem, BlackBerry provides support for Europian languages including the Cyrillic alphabet for use with Russian.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/can-...ions-me-71955/

До свидания
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-01-08 at 12:49 PM.
    10-01-08 12:47 PM
    Очень приятно

No problem, BlackBerry provides support for Europian languages including the Cyrillic alphabet for use with Russian.

До свидания
    Reed, the reason why I didn't want to bump that thread is because it was too long and was mainly focusing on things I already found out about (screen quality/video playback)

And I asked several times in that thread for someone to type russian word using english keypad and nobody replied.

I just don't understand one thing:

If the Bold has English keypad and unlike iPhone can not magically toggle between russian/english layout, then how will I know what I am typing?

If I want to enter a Russian word, how would I do it using english keypad? That's all I need to know and nobody seems to understand :'(

In your reply (about The Quick Brown Fox) it didn't show anything because the screenshot you provided has just some random russian letters that do not make a sentence. It's like "kjahfwkjn afjfwanjaf fabfwahb" in English.
    10-01-08 03:55 PM
    I can appreciate how meaningless that example was, they are just random characters with no meaning. I have to admit, I was really disappointed that it didn't even display correctly as posted.

Unfortunately, I do not know Russian and I can not offer any insight into the usability of the keyboard for input.

Perhaps one of our members, with a working knowledge of the language, can contribute some insight.
    10-01-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD