So my good ole Bold 9900 accidentally slipped out of my hand and fell onto the cement. The screen cracked and a bunch of the keys broke off. I'm thinking of just holding off on signing a new contract until the new BB10 Curve or the Aristo come out (I was thinking of getting a Z10 but I'm not sure anymore). I'm thinking of purchasing a Curve 9320 and going with Virgin Mobile's prepaid Blackberry plan which has unlimited bbm/facebook/twitter but has no data. I would go elsewhere but I can't find anywhere else in Canada that has a better prepaid BB plan, which is kind of depressing. My main concern is how do I not end up getting data fees? I'm worried that one of my apps will go and use data when I'm not using wi-fi (eg. weather apps, feed apps, email) and I'll get charged with a ridiculous data fee.

Are there any options to limit how data works on a Blackberry? Even better, if someone could tell me a better prepaid BB plan in Manitoba I would be ecstatic.
    01-27-13 03:15 PM
    You can "Deny" any app access to internet.

For example, if I know App X uses 500MB data a month, I can go to Options->Device->Application Management->App X->Edit Permissions->Connections->Deny.

You can also make the default permissions to Deny and then individually set each social app to Allow.
    01-27-13 04:37 PM