Is there a way to completely turn off a BB, but still leave the battery in the phone. I know holding down the end button turns off the phone, but that is more of a standby mode. I want to turn it off so that when it turns on, it has to go through the boot up process.
    01-23-10 04:17 PM
    Unfortunately, you are unable to do this on the BlackBerry Smartphone's. You would have to pull the battery to reboot the device, or to turn it completely off.
    01-23-10 04:19 PM
    If I'm remembering correctly, since I've never owned a QWERTY BB, you need to hold the ALT, Rt Shift and delete buttons for about 5 secs and that should do it. That is a reset however and the only way to make it go thru boot.
    Last edited by nasmith7; 01-23-10 at 04:24 PM.
    01-23-10 04:22 PM
    If I'm remembering correctly, since I've never owned a QWERTY BB, you need to hold the ALT, Rt Shift and delete buttons for about 5 secs and that should do it.
    Isn't that the device reboot command?
    01-23-10 04:23 PM
    yea that just reboots, doesnt turn it off.
    01-23-10 07:18 PM
    If you want a soft reboot without removing the batter go to app world and download Quick Pull I use it everyday it is good for your berry I have it set to go at 7 every morning. Once a month I will do a complete reboot with removing the battery but Quick Pull is good
    01-24-10 12:36 AM
    If you want a soft reboot without removing the batter go to app world and download Quick Pull I use it everyday it is good for your berry I have it set to go at 7 every morning. Once a month I will do a complete reboot with removing the battery but Quick Pull is good
    he doesnt want to do that. he wants to completely shut the phone off without removing the battery. hitting the end call button just suspends the phone. what he is asking, cannot be done.
    01-24-10 12:40 AM
    On the "home screen" list of icons there should be a "Power Off" icon - hit that and you get the choice of either a "Turn off" (like holding the power key down) or "Full Power Off" that ignores any calendar events or alarms.

As far as I know that is as close as you can get to a power off as you can get with the battery still in, but still won't get you the full restart like I think your looking for.

I guess you could just let the battery die. Then it would be off, still in and need a full reboot next time you want to use it.
    01-24-10 01:27 AM
    Alt, left shift, delete hold until your red light comes on

And boom your the proud owner of a reboot without removing the battery!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 02:29 AM
    Alt, left shift, delete hold until your red light comes on

And boom your the proud owner of a reboot without removing the battery!!!

i cant do this on my s2 so i just leave the battery out
    01-24-10 03:36 AM
    Ahhhh totally sorry mate had no idea I'm posting from my blackberry so I couldn't see you owned a storm sorry bout that.

01-24-10 03:39 AM
    Simply hold power key and it shuts down!
    Or I u wanna reboot it hold alt-caps-del for about 5 seconds.
    Hope I've helped you! !

01-24-10 06:22 AM
    These repetitive answers are driving me crazy and kind of a joke now. He wants to shut down like when the phone has the battery out for an extended period of time (like overnight while sleeping), but without having to remove it. Not possible as drm said, but ryn's answer seems the closest...

01-24-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD