Without doing it manually… is there a way?
    12-18-08 10:07 AM
    I couldn't find a way! If someone knows I wanna know too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 10:09 AM
    I couldn't find a way! If someone knows I wanna know too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    my friend who runs a store at verizon has done it; lost his # tho... he said you gotta hook it up to the comp and do it.. true story?
    12-18-08 10:11 AM
    PINS are not transferable. They are hardcoded on each blackberry.
    12-18-08 10:18 AM
    Like whsbuss said, it's not transferrable, however, if you start DM there is an option to "swtich devices" this will change your PIN in all the places necessary to keep your contacts, etc...
    12-18-08 11:11 AM
    Are you asking how to transfer the actual PIN of your phone to another phone? Or, do you have a list of friend's PINs in your bbm that you want to transfer. The first is not possible, the second is possible manually but not sure if there is another way.
    12-18-08 11:16 AM
    I don't know of any way to "flash" them or transfer them to another phone. What I did with all my pin contacts is I saved them to actual address book, so when I do a phonebook transfer, they automatically transfer too.

I still had to add my contacts manually, but at least I didnt have to type all their pins in manually.
    12-18-08 11:18 AM
    I don't know of any way to "flash" them or transfer them to another phone. What I did with all my pin contacts is I saved them to actual address book, so when I do a phonebook transfer, they automatically transfer too.

I still had to add my contacts manually, but at least I didnt have to type all their pins in manually.

Ahhh, good point Kaylajoy... I've added PINs to a few of my contacts but not all. You can always do an ASCII Export of your Contacts using Desktop Manager and then import them into a new phone. Or sync to Outlook or BES.
    12-18-08 11:31 AM
    My wife did a backup on her pearl and when she did an insurance claim and restored the data all of her BBM contacts were transfered to the new phone.
    12-18-08 11:38 AM
    Like whsbuss said, it's not transferrable, however, if you start DM there is an option to "swtich devices" this will change your PIN in all the places necessary to keep your contacts, etc...
    I would like to keep my contacts so I do not have to send all the requests and what not
    Are you asking how to transfer the actual PIN of your phone to another phone? Or, do you have a list of friend's PINs in your bbm that you want to transfer. The first is not possible, the second is possible manually but not sure if there is another way.
    yea thats it
    My wife did a backup on her pearl and when she did an insurance claim and restored the data all of her BBM contacts were transfered to the new phone.
    como?
    12-18-08 11:48 AM
    I would like to keep my contacts so I do not have to send all the requests and what not

yea thats it
    como?
    You cannot put a pin from one phone to another. It's dated into the specific device. But if you backup everything on your old phone, and restore everything on your new one then your BBM friends will remain the same. Once you send a message to someone their phone recognizes that you have a new pin. But they would have to manually change it in their contacts just to be on the safe side.
    12-18-08 12:33 PM
    to keep the pin of all your contacts, just use the "switch device" feature of Desktop Manager like said above. When you create a backup it "should" keep it all, but sometimes doesn't work (it has lost some on me, but not all, strange). I would create a backup then use the switcher.
    12-18-08 12:37 PM
    to keep the pin of all your contacts, just use the "switch device" feature of Desktop Manager like said above. When you create a backup it "should" keep it all, but sometimes doesn't work (it has lost some on me, but not all, strange). I would create a backup then use the switcher.
    Yeah the switcher is a good option too after backup. But if you don't want to manually have to choose what you want to be on the new phone, hit "restore" and it'll show you the most recently saved backup file to choose from. That would be the file that you backup the info from your old phone to the comp, and then use that file to restore the new phone. Everything from contacts, notes, calendar, to your brickbreaker high score is transferred. Works for me all the time.
    12-18-08 12:43 PM
    You cannot put a pin from one phone to another. It's dated into the specific device. But if you backup everything on your old phone, and restore everything on your new one then your BBM friends will remain the same. Once you send a message to someone their phone recognizes that you have a new pin. But they would have to manually change it in their contacts just to be on the safe side.
    Yeah the switcher is a good option too after backup. But if you don't want to manually have to choose what you want to be on the new phone, hit "restore" and it'll show you the most recently saved backup file to choose from. That would be the file that you backup the info from your old phone to the comp, and then use that file to restore the new phone. Everything from contacts, notes, calendar, to your brickbreaker high score is transferred. Works for me all the time.
    12-18-08 01:17 PM
    A BlackBerry PIN (personal identification number) is like a VIN (vehicle identification number) on a car. They are specific to each device. No matter if you switch carriers, switch batteries, switch operating systems, switch owners, the PIN always stays with that specific device.
    12-20-08 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD