Here's the rundown,I have...

8350 with broken charging/usb port
    8530 brand new, not activated yet

I would like to take my contacts and apps from 8350 and transfer to 8530.

I would prefer not to put my contact list etc on my pc due to security issues and its too late to go to the Sprint store tonite
    Any advice on what I can do to achieve this?

Thanks!
    03-31-10 07:49 PM
    put google sync on the broke phone, update to your google acct, put google sync on the new phone download the contacts.

apps will transfer over when you swap the pin out in your acct to redownload them
    03-31-10 07:55 PM
    Maybe download Google Sync to the device?

Not sure how many contacts you have, but you could always attach a bunch of them to an email and send them to an email addy that you could then send them back when on the new bb.
    03-31-10 07:57 PM
    Why not just us Desktop Manager? I swap between a Curve and WE pretty regular. I just transfer the info I want. Not hard at all, just a bit time consuming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 03:11 PM
    He can't use DM because the USB port is busted.

04-01-10 03:36 PM
    Crap. My bad. Forget what I said.

04-01-10 04:10 PM
    How about a site like an x-drive for upload and re-download?
    04-01-10 04:21 PM
    put google sync on the broke phone, update to your google acct, put google sync on the new phone download the contacts.

apps will transfer over when you swap the pin out in your acct to redownload them
    Thanks for all the help.I used google sync to transfer the stuff from broken phone to the server, Is there a way to force the sync from my pc to the new phone or will it happen automatically? I guess Im just nervous that The google server will see an empty contact list from my new phone and think that I deleted everything and then sync it that way
    04-01-10 07:35 PM
    It should be two way.
    04-01-10 10:47 PM
    I have the same problem. My 8330 is broken so I just got an 8530. I went the email route for the contacts (didn't know about google sync), but still need to transfer entries from Password Keeper and Memos apps. Will I have to do these manually?
    04-20-10 03:50 PM
    Both phones have Bluetooth? Pair them and transfer that way.

I personally have not tried it, but once paired, go into Manage Connections - Bluetooth Options. Highlight the other phone, hit BB Menu and select transfer Contacts. Again, i have not actually tried this, just saw the option.
    04-20-10 06:39 PM
    Looks like that would work if I can get them to pair properly. I tried pairing them....the 8530 said "Pairing complete", but the 8330 said "Connection failed". Any suggestions?
    04-22-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD