Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how I can tether my new Google Nexus 7 to my BlackBerry Torch 9800?

I've read it can be done via a wifi hotspot, but my 9800 can't make a wifi hotspot. So that just leaves bluetooth. It does connect via bluetooth, but that doesn't let me use the 9800 as a data connection for the Nexus 7.

Anyone know how to do this? Maybe it can be done via a cable? That would be a bit old school, but better than nothing!

Alec
    12-16-12 04:34 AM
    Its because nexus only supports PAN BT profile whereas BB uses DUN BT profile. You can try bluevpn for android they say it can make a VPN tunnel through BT to connect to network but I never got it to work properly.

Its a pain, I had to upgrade to 9790 2 months ago just for the hotspot function.

Hope it helps
    12-16-12 05:52 AM
    Thanks, I'll try it...
    12-16-12 06:06 AM
    It worked! Downloaded and installed BlueVPN on the Nexus 7. Connected it to my 9800. It took about two minutes to sort itself out, then worked perfectly!

Thanks Shane8750, you are a hero!
    12-16-12 06:16 AM
    thank you, this helped me too
    12-20-12 01:59 AM
    I am trying BlueVPN on the Nexus 10 with bb9860.

What other steps besides bluetooth coneecting and running BlueVPN did you need to do?

Thanks.
    01-23-13 03:42 AM
    I was able to connect my Telus BB 9900 to Nexus 7 with BlueVpn app. First paired the devices and modifed a few Bluevpn settings:

• Check marked Modem Compatibility - Use single line AT commands
      Phone Number - Dial up phone number : *99#
      Access Point - Provider access point: bb.telus.com
      Authentication: Password Authentication
      Username and password: left both blank

On BB 9900 justed used the default settings. Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> TCP IP
      APN Enabled
      APN: bb.telus.com
      Authentication Enabled
      Username and password: both blank
    02-09-13 03:23 PM
    I wish this full set of instructions would work. I was given this exact set of settings by o2.co.uk my phone service provider. I have a Blackberry Curve 8900 and a new Nexus 7. I installed BlueVPN and using the Desktop Manager for the BB I set up Mobile internet settings on the BB. I couldn't get it to communicate beyond trying to negotiate with modem but it eventually times out and I get null IP error.

I did all the Single Line AP commands Dial *99# APN enabled Access Point bb.o2.co.uk as instructed by O2
    I used blank lines for User and Password. I paired up the Nexus 7 with the BB and set it negotiating but it fails every time and I've tried for 2 days now with masses of different settings.

Nobody at O2 tech support can help and they referred me to BlackBerry UK who checked that I have got an ATM enabled by my Service Provider. The BlackBerry can connect on its own 3G (GPRS) to the web. The Nexus 7 connects to the web with WiFi perfectly but I don't want to shell out mega bucks to get a Wireless Access point for 3G as it costs too much and my phone already is a big sum to pay on monthly business contract.
    Who can diagnose this fault that leaves the thing un connected and dead?
    I'm just about out of patience with it but thought it best to ask on here.
    Hope this isn't too late to add to this post.
    --
    Wimbolithic

I was able to connect my Telus BB 9900 to Nexus 7 with BlueVpn app. First paired the devices and modifed a few Bluevpn settings:

• Check marked Modem Compatibility - Use single line AT commands
      Phone Number - Dial up phone number : *99#
      Access Point - Provider access point: bb.telus.com
      Authentication: Password Authentication
      Username and password: left both blank

On BB 9900 justed used the default settings. Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> TCP IP
      APN Enabled
      APN: bb.telus.com
      Authentication Enabled
      Username and password: both blank
    06-19-13 01:34 PM