Hi still kinda new at this place, I was wondering if I could use the wifi on my blackberry curve 8320 (T-Mobile, no data plan) to bring internet to my windows computer running windows 2000. I've read in a lot of places that you can tether your blackberry, but I couldn't find any information on using only wifi. Thanks a lot for your guys help.
    06-07-09 02:56 PM
    Nope. The WiFi signal doesn't broadcast out. If you want to tether, you need to use USB or Bluetooth.

Plus, if you have a BlackBerry with no Data Plan, there's nothing to share. ???
    06-07-09 04:58 PM
    Nope. The WiFi signal doesn't broadcast out. If you want to tether, you need to use USB or Bluetooth.

Plus, if you have a BlackBerry with no Data Plan, there's nothing to share. ???
    sorry, i explained it wrong I know i need a usb cable, im just wondering if i can use wifi, instead of edge.
    06-07-09 09:20 PM
    Okay, can you explain again what you are trying to do because I'm not following you at all.

If you are accessing a WiFi signal, why do you need the BlackBerry to interface between it and the computer. Why no just connect the computer directly to the WiFi.

You lost me.
    06-08-09 09:50 AM
    okay lol. My blackberry curve has wifi. What I want to do is hook it up to my windows 2000 computer (it does not have a wifi card and I can't hook it up directly to the router) So I want to know if my blackberry can use its wifi signal and transfer it, so my computer can use it? I know I need a usb cable I want to plug it to the computer and use the wifi signal that my blackberry is connected to and see if my computer can use it. Just like if I had a data plan and was using 3g or something, but instead of 3g I want to use wifi.
    06-08-09 05:12 PM
    I'm also investigating this issue....there are places I need to take my laptop that don't have wi-fi... so I need to use the EDGE network. I'd like to tether my Blackberry to my Laptop using my Edge network and so far my best option looks like tetherberry.com or modemshark.

Opinions?
    06-23-09 02:24 PM
    oh my god! ive had this same problem for a while.
    before i started anything, i called tmobile and asked them if it was possible with wifi. she said yes. so i googled for a couple days, and tried everything i could, but it wouldnt connect. so i called tmo again, and they said wifi doesnt work. wtf?

P.S. sorry i couldnt help with the question
    06-23-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD