I made this little guided tour on how to make synchronization via BT work. It was originally made for BVR ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/ther...0/#post3288770 ) but i thought that maybe somebody else may have some use for it since this is the only procedure i know of that works for BT sync....

Since the original file in BVR's thread i have cut out some of the unnecessary and repeated screen dumps and made some minor tweaks that have made a considerably impact on the filesize. The file is therefor now compressed using conventional zip compression but unfortunately the Internet Explorer requirement is still present.

I use Windows 7 and DM 5.0 but this is not a requirement !!!
    I have used the same procedure with Windows XP and Vista and DM versions 4.6 and 4.7 ...
    Last edited by haadah; 08-10-09 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spell
    08-10-09 09:22 AM
    No interest??
    08-17-09 01:38 PM
    I was interested but it did not help me with my problem. The Tour is showing on my computer and DM 5.0 sees the computer, however, my computer continues to try to load device drivers and "can not find them".
    08-19-09 05:19 PM
    The drivers are not important, or at least two out of three is not...

Which driver is not found?

You should be prompted about:
    Standard Modem over Bluetooth link
    Bluetooth Peripheral Device
    Bluetooth Peripheral Device

The last two should be lacking drivers, they are not important. The only driver that should work out-of-box is "Standard Modem over Bluetooth link" which coincidentally is the one needed for BT sync....
    Last edited by haadah; 08-21-09 at 05:45 AM. Reason: aded info
    08-21-09 05:40 AM
    Bump.....

First time poster here...I too have the rocketfish adapter and have followed the great steps outlined by haadah above, but unfortunately I cannot get my bluetooth adapter and BB Bold to re-communicate after disconnecting the adapter from the computer. Using the steps above got the ball rolling but it seems to be a one shot deal for me. I'm currently running DM 5.0 and Windows 7 64-bit. I am also using the windows BT adapters, the bluetooth modem drivers have installed correctly as per device manager. When I go to the bluetooth menu in my phone I don't have a connect option. This is very frustrating....HELP!!
    10-28-09 12:30 AM
    ^^^Ok. It seems to work after I restart my machine or give it a little while before trying to re-connect with DM. I can certainly live with this. haadah, thanks for the outline. I was certain that this was never going to work.

BTW, does BT burn more battery than being connected via USB?

Wow...I still can't believe that this works now.
    Last edited by lrs421; 10-28-09 at 12:57 AM.
    10-28-09 12:54 AM
    i kown some time has passed, and you have probably found out by now - BT uses more battery compared to USB, because of the inherent charging mechanism in USB mode.

And your restart problem should be solved if you close all DM related programs before disconnecting your phone.
    11-07-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD