I sent my first text message on my new BB this morning. I pressed the return key (I think that's what it is - third row, rightmost key) expecting it to start a new paragraph in the same text, and it appeared to send what I'd just typed as a text message on its own, and then start a new message. Is this correct? How do you start a new paragraph within the same text? I ended up sending three separate texts in quick succession to the same person - or so it appeared.
    11-23-09 04:12 PM
    Yes, that's what it's supposed to do.

If you want to create a "paragraph" (which is an odd thing to do in an SMS), press SHIFT ENTER.
    11-23-09 05:03 PM
    Thanks. Is that the same as alt + Enter ? My BB has an alt key to get the upper chars on the buttons, but no shift key.

So it's the same as Shift + Enter on a PC kb in MS Word, which produces a line feed, rather than a paragraph feed.

Why are paragraphs odd in SMSs?
    11-23-09 05:16 PM
    Because its a 'short message'... sort of lends itself to a more informal style of writing.
    I don't know what device you're using but your shift key should be on either end of the bottom row of keys.
    Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 05:25 PM
    To get to the next line its caps + return.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 05:33 PM
    The shift key is to the left of the "0" key and to the right of the "sym" key, both located on the bottom of the keyboard by the spacebar.
    11-23-09 07:01 PM
    The shift/enter thing works for emails as well. So while it may not be super useful for SMS, it is helpful for emails.
    11-23-09 08:11 PM
    Bold 9700 right? So let me bold the shifts for you.

^Aa 0 Space sym aA^
    11-23-09 08:21 PM
    Thanks for all your help.
    11-24-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD