I'm going to echo much of what LadyK suggests above. I'd do a "10 Days of CrackBerry" special with each day dedicated to a years worth of noteworthy events and/or re-creation. For example, do a review of a Storm or Tour all over again and reminisce about all the good, the bad, and the ugly about the device. That and we can crash someone's BBM again.

Incidentally, although it's not 10 years old, I've got my Curve 9330 powered up and ready to go for the event. So get those old phones up and charging people. (I can't find the batteries for my older devices, yet.)

Attachment 416690

Ship to Malaysia?

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-29-17 11:22 PM
    Ship to Malaysia?

Posted via CB10
    No. And give me back my red stapler!
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-30-17 12:37 AM
    Check this out!

Hi guys, I've disassembled a couple of these and thought I'd share it with you in case someone is still interested on the old school BB.

01-30-17 08:37 PM
    I'm going to echo much of what LadyK suggests above. I'd do a "10 Days of CrackBerry" special with each day dedicated to a years worth of noteworthy events and/or re-creation. For example, do a review of a Storm or Tour all over again and reminisce about all the good, the bad, and the ugly about the device. That and we can crash someone's BBM again.

Incidentally, although it's not 10 years old, I've got my Curve 9330 powered up and ready to go for the event. So get those old phones up and charging people. (I can't find the batteries for my older devices, yet.)

Attachment 416690
    We even have the same Carrier version of the 8520
    01-31-17 03:23 AM
    Fly some of us lucky winners out to the Peg to celebrate with you
    01-31-17 04:22 AM
    So let me know below what would make CrackBerry's 10 Anniversary memorable for you! February is approaching fast and I'd like us to have enough ideas in the hopper to make it a party around here ALL MONTH LONG.
    Just tell us what's in the box man!

PS. Good to see you back here!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 05:48 AM
    February is my birth month, let's celebrate 10 years of crackberry and I can celebrate 29 years (I don't want to get older) of myself.
    01-31-17 10:27 AM
    I bet you're thinking of the Mobile Nations longest. I actually work with one of the guys who won one of those prizes.

@BigBadWulf I've actually been a part of Mobile Nations longer than CrackBerry... joined TreoCentral back in early '06 I believe
    TreoCentral is what brought me here too.... but don't think I started posting till I joined CrackBerry for help with my STORM.
    01-31-17 10:47 AM
    Opening the Celebrations post on the homepage only closes the app, both on Classic and SE. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-31-17 10:53 AM
    Opening the Celebrations post on the homepage only closes the app, both on Classic and SE. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes crash my CB10 app too.. had to open using browser

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 10:54 AM
    Yes crash my CB10 app too.. had to open using browser

Posted via CB10
    I bet you're one of those guys, who uses the phone app too.
    crackbb10 likes this.
    01-31-17 09:18 PM
    I really respect Kevin and value him for everything he has done for this community.
    I mean he is the founder of CrackBerry and this community!
    Without him no CrackBerry!

But at the same time his comeback has some kind of 'bitter taste' and it smells more like BlackBerry 'marketing'.
    Not sure if he came back because he missed us that much or because he has endless love for the upcoming Mercury device...

Or:

Seems like more BlackBerry/TCL set this up to show:
    'BlackBerrys glory days ago ARE back!' - so Kevin is at BlackBerry... yay!

I really love that Kevin is back - but I don't know man.

AndroidBerry has really changed everything!
    It's not the same anymore - BlackBerry just has become any Android device maker.
    It's over. The magic (like the launch of OS10) is gone, they killed it themselves.
    BlackBerry has become that company that loyal fans tried to avoid.
    Android is the opposite BlackBerry stood for.

And I can't take that "comeback" really seriously - as much as I love to see Kevin is back!

Sorry for that frustrated words!

Not to forget that Bla1ze also did a great job in the meantime.
    But with missing support FROM BlackBerry he had not lot to write about.

None the less!
    Thank you for everything and I really loved the past year hear!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 06:17 AM
    I really respect Kevin and value him for everything he has done for this community.
    I mean he is the founder of CrackBerry and this community!
    Without him no CrackBerry!

But at the same time his comeback has some kind of 'bitter taste' and it smells more like BlackBerry 'marketing'.
    Not sure if he came back because he missed us that much or because he has endless love for the upcoming Mercury device...

Or:

Seems like more BlackBerry/TCL set this up to show:
    'BlackBerrys glory days ago ARE back!' - so Kevin is at BlackBerry... yay!

I really love that Kevin is back - but I don't know man.

AndroidBerry has really changed everything!
    It's not the same anymore - BlackBerry just has become any Android device maker.
    I

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is not a device maker anymore, they get out of hardware

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 09:31 AM
    BlackBerry is not a device maker anymore, they get out of hardware

Posted via CB10
    Sure that's true
    At least the Mercury is the last in-house design and still there is a BlackBerry logo on it.

And I think it should offer what a BlackBerry 'stands for' - so the hardware looks like...

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 09:40 AM
    Ship to Malaysia?

Posted via CB10
    Yes but no tracking number
    02-01-17 11:53 PM
    TreoCentral is what brought me here too.... but don't think I started posting till I joined CrackBerry for help with my STORM.
    I'm pretty sure the Storm had a lot of people posting for help
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-01-17 11:55 PM
    I have a good editorial going up tomorrow about clarifying BlackBerry vs. BlackBerry Mobile. Also talks about why I am excited about BlackBerry Mobile.

TL;DR though... Chen didn't love hardware, he was pragmatic not passionate about building phones, and BB10 while awesome, doesn't have a life ahead of it. It's an Android BlackBerry future. Holding out hope for BB10 just prolongs the inevitable and sets you up for a bunch of pain.

The good thing? I'm really liking the BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) folks. They're far more like the OLD BlackBerry team that I used to know and love (who was passionate about building killer phones) than what's happened under Chen the past couple of years on hardware.

Re: CrackBerry Kevin... the thing to know about CBK/Kevin Michaluk is that I only have two settings - ALL or NOTHING. I'm bad at balance. Hate doing things just sort of half way in. So when CBK comes back to celebrate 10 years of CrackBerry... HE IS BACK!

Sure that's true
    At least the Mercury is the last in-house design and still there is a BlackBerry logo on it.

And I think it should offer what a BlackBerry 'stands for' - so the hardware looks like...

Posted via CB10
    CB-BB-BBM and anon(6038817) like this.
    02-02-17 12:13 AM
    Looking forward to it ^

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 12:49 AM
    Hold a BlackBerry typing contest between Kevin and Bla1ze using a curve, bold, q10 and passport.
    02-02-17 05:07 AM
    http://www.crackberry.com/cleaning-c...ckberry-mobile

Looking forward to it ^

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 11:02 AM
    Go back to Vegas and blow thousands of dollars on gambling, drugs and hookers
    02-02-17 11:15 AM
    I have a good editorial going up tomorrow about clarifying BlackBerry vs. BlackBerry Mobile. Also talks about why I am excited about BlackBerry Mobile.

TL;DR though... Chen didn't love hardware, he was pragmatic not passionate about building phones, and BB10 while awesome, doesn't have a life ahead of it. It's an Android BlackBerry future. Holding out hope for BB10 just prolongs the inevitable and sets you up for a bunch of pain.

The good thing? I'm really liking the BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) folks. They're far more like the OLD BlackBerry team that I used to know and love (who was passionate about building killer phones) than what's happened under Chen the past couple of years on hardware.

Re: CrackBerry Kevin... the thing to know about CBK/Kevin Michaluk is that I only have two settings - ALL or NOTHING. I'm bad at balance. Hate doing things just sort of half way in. So when CBK comes back to celebrate 10 years of CrackBerry... HE IS BACK!
    Thanks for your reply and the open words in that article you posted!

I don't say that that BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) devices are bad!
    They offer pretty good hardware!
    I also love TCL's CEO passion for mobile handsets - I follow him on Twitter and he is like that old BlackBerry slogan "Love what you do!".
    Really give those guys credits & respect for that!

The twist here is that I'm a "BlackBerry guy from the old days"!
    And that's what I'm missing here - I still even watch your old reviews like the "BBM 5.0 stress test", or the unpacking of the pre-production unit of the Bold 9000 or the first....
    Yeah, I know that times are over.
    But still it's like you wanna buy a Chrysler but in reality you get a Fiat.
    Or you wanna buy a Chevrolet and in reality you get a Korean Deawoo.
    It's not the same - they work, but with a different soul.

Chen does NOT understand what makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry.
    He has no visions with that and he does not know how to handle that technology they/QNX have.

Do you remember Steven Jobs saying: "This phone is at least 5years ahead compared to what's on the market!"
    That's what BlackBerry had/has with OS10!
    The new iPhone 8 is supposed to get a buttonless, gesture-based UI.
    Android just got app-permissions in OS-style.
    No other OS handles multitasking like OS10.
    Plug your Z10, Q10 or Z30 on a monitor and use a mouse to have a PC like mobile computer!
    The Hub is a core component of OS10.

We had all those things back in 2013!
    While the others still claiming those things are the future of mobile OS!

BlackBerry was so ahead with everything and now they are killing it instead of spending that money on getting the Top10 apps or developing it further.
    (I don't really believe that it's out of their hand!)

Android won't come into that - doesn't matter how hard they try to fit it in there.
    A candybar Android device with a keyboard doesn't make a BlackBerry.
    And I don't see Samsung Galaxy users (or other folks) switching to that in future.
    Sure, some BlackBerry fans will follow the new way - others like me will jump that ship completely after all that years.

To me the 'real future' of BlackBerry is going completely software and TCL aka BlackBerry Mobile will fail with that strategy.
    Does not matter how passionate they are.
    Alcatel will bring them more success - even when customers see how BlackBerry handled their own folks.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 04:27 AM
    In honor of CB's 10th anniversary I'd just like to post my all-time favorite thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...elieve-725863/
    BigBadWulf and zephyr613 like this.
    02-03-17 11:14 AM
    In honor of CB's 10th anniversary I'd just like to post my all-time favorite thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...elieve-725863/
    Freaky!! Can anyone say "Candidate for the Necromancer Award" (another CB gem)
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-03-17 11:43 AM
    Well actually my favorite thread is the 5000 thread, but I thought that would be a given .
    h20work likes this.
    02-03-17 02:58 PM
162 ... 4567