I'm totally down for a road trip, especially if there's cake and CBK involved! Live streaming would be awesome, and in keeping with my dream of a CrackBerry party bus tour, which came and passed in my mind as quickly as BB10's popularity, LoL.

I'd love a series of "page 6" articles, cronicalling some of the untold stories from the past. Maybe a hit piece or two, but I'd think more lighthearted BlackBerry moments you couldn't reveal that the time, would be fitting for the anniversary, and representative of both the enthusiasm you've had for them and CrackBerry.
    BBWulf you are onto something! Party bus tour! Parties across the country...admission is attained by showing an activated BlackBerry with swag for anyone using a pre-bb10 unit.
    Cake for anyone dressed as bla1ze or Michelle.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-26-17 05:39 AM
    That 'kini looks so much better on Michelle, in my head.
    01-26-17 06:29 AM
    BBWulf you are onto something! Party bus tour! Parties across the country...admission is attained by showing an activated BlackBerry with swag for anyone using a pre-bb10 unit.
    Time to break out my 9810 Torch and find a ratty old Mets hat.
    01-26-17 06:39 AM
    There must be a podcast.

I like the idea of bringing Craig in .... it's been a long time since there was a Kevin, Craig, Adam and Bla1ze podcast. Maybe you could convince some of the other old-schoolers to come back for it -- kind of smartphone round robin style thing with Dieter and Mike, Rene, etc. That would be spectacular.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-27-17 10:58 PM
    We need to do another "blow up Kevin's BBM and crash his phone".

Hard to believe I've been around here in one form or another for the whole ride - lurker, poster, pot-stirrer, mod, QA team

I remember lurking, reading about the Curve 8300 before purchasing, laughing my head off at the exploits of AmazinglyGraceless, Jef, BigBadWulf, many others I can't even remember.

But yes...definitely lots of giveaways. And please, let's not use that Gleam garbage. Can never get it to work right. Maybe some giveaways based on longevity, posts, etc.

Maybe special edition tshirts for those of us who've been around for the whole 10 years
    BigBadWulf and zephyr613 like this.
    01-28-17 09:21 AM

Hard to believe I've been around here in one form or another for the whole ride - lurker, poster, pot-stirrer, mod, QA team

I remember lurking, reading about the Curve 8300 before purchasing, laughing my head off at the exploits of AmazinglyGraceless, Jef, BigBadWulf, many others I can't even remember.

But yes...definitely lots of giveaways. And please, let's not use that Gleam garbage. Can never get it to work right. Maybe some giveaways based on longevity, posts, etc.

Maybe special edition tshirts for those of us who've been around for the whole 10 years
    You've actively participated here longer than damn near anybody, go through phones more frequently than I get haircuts, and have contributed with distinction on a myriad of levels, all while spending most of your time in rehab, which doesn't seemed to have helped at all ().

I agree you, and any other 10+ active members, deserve something special. I love the idea of a CrackBerry t-shirt, which should be autographed by none other than CBK.
    01-28-17 10:12 AM
    I remember CB has done a gift for the longest members in the past..let me see if I can find the link of story

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and the brother like this.
    01-28-17 10:15 AM
    You've actively participated here longer than damn near anybody, go through phones more frequently than I get haircuts, and have contributed with distinction on a myriad of levels, all while spending most of your time in rehab, which doesn't seemed to have helped at all ().

I agree you, and any other 10+ active members, deserve something special. I love the idea of a CrackBerry t-shirt, which should be autographed by none other than CBK.
    Yeah I used to be pretty bad about phones, I've slowed down lately. Had an iPhone for awhile but been on a PRIV now for awhile and lovin' every minute of it
    BigBadWulf and zephyr613 like this.
    01-28-17 10:16 AM
    I remember CB has done a gift for the longest members in the past..let me see if I can find the link of story

Posted via CB10
    I bet you're thinking of the Mobile Nations longest. I actually work with one of the guys who won one of those prizes.

@BigBadWulf I've actually been a part of Mobile Nations longer than CrackBerry... joined TreoCentral back in early '06 I believe
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-28-17 10:19 AM
    I bet you're thinking of the Mobile Nations longest. I actually work with one of the guys who won one of those prizes.

@BigBadWulf I've actually been a part of Mobile Nations longer than CrackBerry... joined TreoCentral back in early '06 I believe
    You're right it was mobile nation anniversary

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...ations-957890/

Posted via CB10
    john_v likes this.
    01-28-17 10:21 AM
    How should we celebrate CrackBerry's 10th anniversary next month?!!-1485619796807.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 10:23 AM
    How about a new CB logo? Accompanied by free drink coasters and stickers in ShopCrackberry shipments? I always loved getting swag in those boxes. A new CB 10th drink coaster would brighten my day when I put my coffee cup on the desk in the morn. And I could cover the Dell logo on the lappy with a CB 10th sticker...

Maybe tiny CB 10th stickers for the back of your BB of choice?
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 01-28-17 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Lappy, not happy (dumb auto correct)
    john_v, BigBadWulf and the brother like this.
    01-28-17 11:12 AM
    As much as I have appreciated Blaze holding it down, I feel he has fallen a little flat and this is just the inspiration that he needs. We need to bring back the renaissance of mobile communications with the 10 year Crackberry and Mercury celebrations. I remember walking into T-Mobile for a Blackberry Curve when Blackberry 10 had just launched. I walked out with that Curve but the feeling of Blackberry 10 never left me that day. I want that kind of feeling back!
    That has more to do with BB than Bla1ze or CBK, not to start another letdown rant/thread. Many occasional posters only drop in when there's something to post about. If CB is "flat", it's because the brand is flat.

Another suggestion - revert CB back to the original website design for the anniversary day. Love the throwback designs...
    john_v, BigBadWulf and zephyr613 like this.
    01-28-17 11:26 AM
    That's easy, just don't use the remove ads subscription and let the spam invites from Thirdworldistan roll in.
    john_v, BigBadWulf and Carjackd like this.
    01-28-17 05:12 PM
    Cb kevin should do a walkthrough of all the old BlackBerry phones
    01-28-17 06:54 PM
    Good Eye!

CBK is back in business on Social!

Will get things announced on the homepage in the next 48 hours, and then the fun begins going into February!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1485619796807.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	416618

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-29-17 10:04 AM
    Well sh!t, in that case, consider it "Kevin IN!". Going to have to bring CBK out of retirement for Anniversary month and the launch of the Mercury. Am sure there'll be a few CBK detractors out there, but that's OK. CrackBerry Kevin has enough enthusiasm for all!!!!
    Sounds like a plan and WB!
    01-29-17 11:43 AM
    I'll echo most of what has already been suggested.

1) Video history of CrackBerry including comments from the founders, how it started and where it is going, behind the scenes stories, and comments from some of the most active contributors to the site.

2) Podcast with the original group and current team taking questions from the community.

3) Make swag available such as a 10 year anniversary t-shirt, pens, etc.

4) A) Contests including name that device (all devices shown from the past 10 years; the person who correctly identifies the most devices wins).
    B) 10 years of CrackBerry trivia. C) A superfan contest with the prize being an opportunity to host a podcast and write an article for the site. D) 10 days of giveaways. E) 10 days of the best fan made videos celebrating CB.

5) Live stream the 10th anniversary party complete with red carpet interviews, etc. Invite a few community members to the party.

6) Create a space for community members to post their memories and thanks/congrats to the CB team.

7) 10 years of CB with throwback reviews, pictures, etc. from the last 10 years (one shared each day for 10 days).

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-29-17 12:13 PM
    Given that we can ressume BlackBerry in 3 periods (BBOS, BB10 and BB Android), and that Kevin and Bla1ze are veterans that have lived and reported during these 3 periods, for me a good way to celebrate CB anniversary Will be showing how CB was on 2007 and give us a ressume of BBOS era, tell us how CB was on 2013 and a ressume of BB10 era and finaly how crackberry Will be renowned (if the forums renew news is correct) and what the expectatives are for the BB Android era from now on

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 02:21 PM
    We seem to be mentioning Bla1ze and Kevin but I think a lot of the moderators and ambassadors should also be a big part of the celebration. Without them this forum could have went a lot of different ways, I believe they made this a great place to come and meet great people and make friends.
    01-29-17 02:46 PM
    We seem to be mentioning Bla1ze and Kevin but I think a lot of the moderators and ambassadors should also be a big part of the celebration. Without them this forum could have went a lot of different ways, I believe they made this a great place to come and meet great people and make friends.
    Meh, the Modfia are just rodeo clowns. Most members laugh, and few appreciate us throwing ourselves in front of the bull.

Ambassadors are awesome! Friendly, outgoing, welcoming new members, and answering help questions constantly. They've been the face of CrackBerry, and a fine face it is.
    01-29-17 03:56 PM
    Agreed!

BigBadWulf and CB-BB-BBM like this.
    01-29-17 05:10 PM
    Meh, the Modfia are just rodeo clowns. Most members laugh, and few appreciate us throwing ourselves in front of the bull.

Ambassadors are awesome! Friendly, outgoing, welcoming new members, and answering help questions constantly. They've been the face of CrackBerry, and a fine face it is.
    Most members don't , but we will pick on ya. Lol
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-29-17 05:54 PM
    Just wanted to add that there are still members here that have been around for 10 years and never left! Maybe 10 year pins? Lol

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    01-29-17 09:12 PM
    I'm going to echo much of what LadyK suggests above. I'd do a "10 Days of CrackBerry" special with each day dedicated to a years worth of noteworthy events and/or re-creation. For example, do a review of a Storm or Tour all over again and reminisce about all the good, the bad, and the ugly about the device. That and we can crash someone's BBM again.

Incidentally, although it's not 10 years old, I've got my Curve 9330 powered up and ready to go for the event. So get those old phones up and charging people. (I can't find the batteries for my older devices, yet.)

How should we celebrate CrackBerry's 10th anniversary next month?!!-img_20170126_1226597.jpg
    01-29-17 11:12 PM
162 ... 34567