How about a Mercury (or Phoenix as I like to call it) device for all members and perhaps a few shares in BlackBerry.
    01-22-17 01:47 PM
    Hello CrackBerry Faithful!!

Some of you who are newer to the community may not know me. I've been in "CrackBerry retirement" the past couple of years, handing over the editorial reigns to Bla1ze (though I've always been nearby and have been watching what you all are up to in here!). For those who have been around a long time, I'm sure you'll be familiar with the name.

As a way of re-introduction, my name is Kevin Michaluk, aka CrackBerry Kevin, and TEN years ago I founded CrackBerry.com along with a couple of close friends and colleagues (read the original Crack Team Story). While we started working on the site in 2006, it was February 26th, 2007 when we officially declared CrackBerry.com open for business!

TEN YEARS is a HUGE milestone and I want to make sure we celebrate 10 Years of CrackBerry this February in true CrackBerry fashion. To me, that means bringing back the same crazy energy we had in our early years, both here in the community and on our homepage editorial content.

Earlier this year in Las Vegas at CES I had a chance to play with the new BlackBerry 'Mercury', and I tell ya, picking it up it brought back the same warm and fuzzy feelings I used to get when I would pick up new BB's like the BlackBerry Curve or BlackBerry Bold for the first time.

Somehow I feel like it's a bit of fate that CrackBerry's 10th anniversary is lining up with the launch of the BlackBerry 'Mercury'. In the good 'ole days of CrackBerry, the best times on the site were always in the lead up to the launch of a new phone. And the Mercury very much feels like a throw back device, aimed at BlackBerry Fans Past and Present. I think it's a phone worth getting really excited for. I even think it's a phone that a lot of former BlackBerry fans may find there way to as well. There's a nostalgia factor to it that I just love.

Put it all together and I've been giving a lot of thought as to what we can do on CrackBerry next month to mark our 10th anniversary and make it an event we'll remember for ten more years to come. I have a BUNCH of ideas (CrackBerry reunion podcasts, lots of community giveaways, revealing some never before heard insane CrackBerry stories from the years gone bye, etc.), but I want to hear YOUR IDEAS. After all, CrackBerry would be nothing without its passionate community supporting it all these years. I want to make sure this is a celebration you will all enjoy. In my active years on CrackBerry, I always considered myself a representative for the community and took that role seriously, even as I got to do a lot of cool things that occasionally put myself personally in the limelight. There would never have been a CrackBerry Kevin without the CrackBerry Community (heck, it was a community member who nicknamed me!).

So let me know below what would make CrackBerry's 10 Anniversary memorable for you! February is approaching fast and I'd like us to have enough ideas in the hopper to make it a party around here ALL MONTH LONG.
    10 years....Hmmmmm sounds like a Johnny Walker Blue moment.........CHEERS !!!
    01-22-17 03:40 PM
    Mercurys for all the mods?
    and ambassadors?
    01-22-17 04:17 PM
    Page 3 would be fun.
    I'm ready.

How should we celebrate CrackBerry's 10th anniversary next month?!!-cpaut8quwaee_mt.jpg
    01-22-17 07:02 PM
    I'm ready.

How should we celebrate CrackBerry's 10th anniversary next month?!!-tmp_13344-148513486426646167493140.jpg
    Sexy, but your mankini isn't CrackBerry orange.

NM
    Carjackd and anon(8063781) like this.
    01-22-17 07:17 PM
    Give one phone away every day of the month ;0)
    01-22-17 07:40 PM
    Way too much Blaize!!!
    Bla1ze and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-22-17 08:09 PM
    Back in 2011, I was thrilled to be part of some CrackBerry history when Kevin went hands on with the Bold 9900 and borrowed my 9000 for a true physical keyboard showdown at BlackBerry Fan Night!

That's me behind the camera with Kevin and Jeff Gadway (then of RIM) when the latest crop of devices were revealed in Toronto with BBOS 7.0. It was an awesome experience where I got to meet the #1 BlackBerry Fanboy himself - plus a cast of others with whom I still keep in touch with in a BBM Group!!!

Personally, I would love to see a revival of the blog post 'Celebrity CrackBerry Sightings' (back in the day I contributed once or twice, and probably got Michelle in some trouble lol) even if it is just for a bit of nostalgic fun during the anniversary month.
    I think most former and current diehards would dream of a BlackBerry World/Live revival if there was ever a budget for a production like that again lol. Hope a reunion podcast is in the works since it don't cost a thang and someone should hit up TCL for some giveaway action such as 10 each of the DTEK50, DTEK60 and Mercury (when available).
    01-23-17 01:25 AM
    A re-review of your favourite berries. If you can pick one that is.

Hope lots of the prizes will be open to internationals too.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    01-23-17 02:05 AM
    With drinks.

Lots of drinks.
    01-23-17 02:37 AM
    History
    Perhaps make a CrackBerry Timeline page, with links to BlackBerry release dates (and relevant CB reviews).

The Future
    Make BlackBerry Crack again –– highlight the positives, build a Users (advocates, celebrities etc.) Quotes page: I use a BlackBerry X because ...
    01-23-17 02:54 AM
    More giveaways and promos! Haha

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 03:14 AM
    Cake! Balloons! And goodie bags!! Perhaps crackberry swag? BlackBerry swag? But cake for sure!
    01-23-17 07:46 AM
    I'm with this one. An Opra style "and you get a BlackBerry ", "and you get a BlackBerry ", "and you get a BlackBerry ", ...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 08:11 AM
    How about an app update to celebrate and acknowledge 10 helped get to 10
    01-23-17 09:01 AM
    You don't see a lot of the old members coming in with Ideas , I sure hope they do, as CB would be a lot different with out a lot of them.
    01-23-17 10:01 AM
    Android and iPhone skeet shooting competition between you and the mods!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 12:41 PM
    I would definitely say a video podcast is needed with the original CrackBerry Podcast crew! Bring back Craig Johnston.

Talk about your top 10 moments at CrackBerry over the last 10 years.

Also I don't think it's been said enough, Huge Thank You Kevin! Thanks to everyone else on the CrackBerry Team as well

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 01:59 PM
    Hello Kevin, I'm quite new to this who Community of BlackBerry but I'm allow to make decision i would prefer something or anything that each members can have access to and can reach everyone individually. That is my ideas to appreciate and celebrate 10 years Anniversary!!
    01-23-17 02:07 PM
    You don't see a lot of the old members coming in with Ideas , I sure hope they do, as CB would be a lot different with out a lot of them.
    I'm an old member and I am coming in with an idea...

Wait....

I forgot what it was.....
    01-23-17 02:36 PM
    What? You have something against AMBASSADORS????!!!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-23-17 02:55 PM
    I would also love a PODCAST with some of the original members. Some prizes and as others have hinted, maybe get TCL to supply some Blackberry devices to add to the prize pool would be a nice bonus.

I still remember coming on to the site back 2009 and reading all the users experience with their Blackberry devices and I still feel honored to have been selected to be an Ambassador for this great site.

Anyways, whatever the folks decide to come up with, I am sure it will be great and I will look forward to it.
    01-23-17 03:30 PM
    Make review videos on some of the oldest Blackberrys. (blackberry pearl, curve, 9000, storm, even older if you have some)
    It's be funny.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 07:07 PM
    I've been a member of this forum for 10 years in September. Can't believe its been that long.
    01-23-17 08:57 PM
    I know, right?! Can't believe it's been that long. Just insane how time flies.

I've been a member of this forum for 10 years in September. Can't believe its been that long.
    01-23-17 09:58 PM
162 12345 ...