Hi,

I have a customer who wants to have their work e-mail in a different view than their personal e-mail.

Blackberry Bold

Current setting: SMS and E-mail separate

Is this possible, if so then how?

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Joneasha; 10-01-09 at 12:43 PM.
    10-01-09 12:39 PM
    if they have that setting currently then they should already have 2 separate icons for each email. Not sure what exactly you are looking to do?
    10-01-09 12:54 PM
    If only the 'messages' folder is displayed, on the main screen hit the menu button and click show all. You should be able to locate the other email folders. Unhide them and hide the 'messages' folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 12:56 PM
    The only way to get an email folder that contains only BES (work) email is to by the Empower Work Folders app. Otherwise, BES emails will only be found in the "messages" folder that will be combined with other emails, even though BIS emails will have their own folder, and SMS and MMS will have their own folder (if the setting is set for them to be separate).

Why there is no way to get a separate folder for BES messages has never been made clear.

EDIT: the setting for "SMS and EMAIL separate" means that SMS messages are separate from the messages folder, not that any emails are kept separate from each other.
    Last edited by danimal1968; 10-01-09 at 01:08 PM.
    10-01-09 12:58 PM
    I have a similar question. If I have 2 e-mail accounts (1 business and 1 personal) when composing an e-mail how do I choose or flip between which one I want to be the sender?
    10-01-09 01:01 PM
    Yes they should already have two seperate icons. Maybe they can hide the messages folder so it won't mixed up that way the email accounts can be seen separately.

10-01-09 01:04 PM
    I have a similar question. If I have 2 e-mail accounts (1 business and 1 personal) when composing an e-mail how do I choose or flip between which one I want to be the sender?

When you open a new email to send, at the very top, it says "send using." You can then choose which account you want it to use to send. If you are replying to an email, it will default to whichever account the email was sent to.
    10-01-09 01:05 PM
    Yes they should already have two seperate icons. Maybe they can hide the messages folder so it won't mixed up that way the email accounts can be seen separately.

This is not true if the user is on a BES. The only way to get a separate inbox for a BES user is to buy an add-on.
    10-01-09 01:07 PM
    Yes I'm aware of that, I didn't know if the OP refers to BES when they say work email. I'm on BIS and I have an email account which I use for my work, seperately from my personal email account.

10-01-09 01:14 PM
    Got it. Thanks!!
    10-01-09 01:16 PM
    This is not true if the user is on a BES. The only way to get a separate inbox for a BES user is to buy an add-on.
    If the user is on a BES, there is a small SQL script that can be run to give the user a mail box icon for BES e-mail that is similar to BIS e-mail. There is no add-on required as I am doing this on my BES. Here is the script from RIM.

**EDIT** Forgot to mention that this SQL script will turn on/off the feature for everyone attached to it. It's an all or none script.
    Last edited by NetworkGuy; 10-01-09 at 02:43 PM.
    10-01-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD