Hope this isnt a repost.

For some of us that want to search and/or dl individual audio files (wma/mp3) here's a quick procedure.

Using google on ur bb/opera browser, just copy and paste this and (i know its really long but it returns pretty accurate results, if u have a shorter one feel free to post it. I would save the whole phrase in memo pad or something and just copy and paste later)

-inurlhtm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(wma|mp3)

edit: the thread automatilcally changes the ": (" to a (smiley face) so just replace the smiley face with an actual colon[:] and left parentheis[(]

now add a specific song title, artist, etc at the end with quotation marks. I used Temple of the Dog's Hunger Strike

ie: [-inurlhtm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(wma|mp3)] "hunger strike"

Hit "search" and u'll get all the results from an unprotected directory. all u have to do is click on the particular file (in this case, hunger strike.mp3) and save. Wahlah!! u can now dl audio file directly to ur bb if u do not hav access to a pc and/or usb cable.

this also works for video files, etc. all u have to do is change (wma|mp3) to (wmv|mpg) or (jpg|gif)

HOWEVER if the file is too big, u will not be able to dl. I think anything <5mb is ok to dl from the bb.

BTW this will work on a reg pc browser
    Last edited by hks.imprezd; 04-26-08 at 10:56 AM.
    04-26-08 10:51 AM
    Works like a charm. Now for the $64K question. Will the recording industry go after people who use this the same way they do for peer to peer file sharing?
    04-26-08 03:25 PM
    Works like a charm. Now for the $64K question. Will the recording industry go after people who use this the same way they do for peer to peer file sharing?
    If that was the case then google is in big trouble!! Lol j/k
    U would have to actually be sharing files to be considered doing something illegal. I've heard abt people getting arrested bec they share thousands of files, if I'm not mistaken. Dl'ing a handfull shouldn't cause an alarm. Plus, dl'ing directly to a bb doesn't automatically share the files on the intarweb.
    Also, this is just an alternative way to search not just for music files but also videos, images, article, etc. Blueapple is ok for videos but I need better quality.
    Now where's my $64k???
    04-27-08 07:38 AM
    Thanks, when I tried it I played it safe and downloaded something I already have a proper license for, but your explanation allays some of my concerns. Although I guess, a case can still be made that one is getting the "product" without paying for it and therefore not properly compensating the artist.

The check is in the mail
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-27-08 at 09:12 AM.
    04-27-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD