Can you have 100+ apps on Playbooks QNX OS without it affecting available RAM? Does QNX store apps the way BBOS does?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 10:06 PM
    I have also been doing abit of reading on RIM's QNX platform, and quite frankly, I am very impressed, especially since QNX, as mentioned already, is used in many important areas such as military tanks, nuclear power plants, etc. It essentially has proven reliability, security and power in critical, professional environments.

Added that RIM can make it's QNX platform open and friendly to developers, this will be Apple's and Android's biggest nightmare.
    This is the same thing i been saying for the longest i work for linux and dont get me wrong the linux kernal is not hot on these android devices and the apple kernal well do we need to go there but neither company want the power of the full QNX platform on a blackberry and truth to be told QNX runs amazing on dual-core processors in a blackberry lauch with a dual-core processor apple & android have a problem on there hand even though out of the 100 android devices out there only 7 are dual-core but they battery life suck just like it does on a snapdragon processor which runs like a 600mhz processor but QNX is whats going to bring RIM back to the top
    05-19-11 11:01 PM
    Can you have 100+ apps on Playbooks QNX OS without it affecting available RAM? Does QNX store apps the way BBOS does?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    From what i heard each QNX update makes the device better so after each update theres more the kernal would allow and it would sort out the memeory management issue if theres any real good
    05-19-11 11:04 PM
    From what i heard each QNX update makes the device better so after each update theres more the kernal would allow and it would sort out the memeory management issue if theres any real good
    I'm still a little confused about how Blackberries store apps. I've heard people say that if you install a lot of apps it will reduce the amount of available RAM memory.

Is QNX fundamentally different in the way that it stores apps? Does installing a bunch of apps affect RAM? I mean, other than active processes like having it run in the background. But does just having it installed whether its running or not affect RAM on the Playbook QNX OS?

I ask because I'm wondering if I'll be able to have 100+ apps on my QNX phone with out it affecting RAM?
    05-20-11 07:25 AM
    I have a friend who works for RIM saying that they are being trained in the QNX operating system. So it is happening at the moment. They have software teams for both types of OS, where the staff on the BB OS are transitioning to QNX.
    05-21-11 11:39 AM
    I have a friend who works for RIM saying that they are being trained in the QNX operating system. So it is happening at the moment. They have software teams for both types of OS, where the staff on the BB OS are transitioning to QNX.
    I hope it happens fast for their phones I am getting impatient. lol I love the reliability and ease of use of the Blackberry and can't wait to get some fun stuff along with it.
    05-21-11 06:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD