I apologize if this has already been posted, I searched and couldn't find it. I just purchased someone's blackberry curve and I am trying to remove their old email addresses. I don't have this phone hooked up yet, so I don't have access to the internet on it yet if that is required. Thanks!!!
    12-18-08 09:17 AM
    You will most likely have to contact the carrier you will be with. They can release the BIS account associated with the blackberry.
    12-18-08 10:20 AM
    so I can't erase old data off the phone? I don't want to erase all the applications and everything just the old email associations... i figured you could do it somewhere on the phone???

Thanks!
    12-18-08 10:25 AM
    Go to options, advanced options, service books and delete the service book for the email address you no longer want. This should work. Should be no need to contact your carriers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 10:28 AM
    I apologize if this has already been posted, Ii have a bb 8100 an i av tried every thinhg to remove the old email account i even deleted both addresses from the service book yet i still recieve the mails this is getting extreamly frustrating the phone was with cingular before now im in jamaica and im with degicel please help
    Last edited by cadeen; 09-09-09 at 08:51 PM. Reason: not completely tru
    09-09-09 08:46 PM
    have you gone into your providers BIS server and removed the email accounts there?
    09-10-09 11:21 AM
    You can't do it, the original owner has to remove the PIN from their account. Contact them, have them contact their carrier and have it removed. Then no more email from them.
    09-10-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD