So I got my new Z30 today and was notified that BlackBerry Protect was unavailable as I have too many devices associated with my BBID. I logged on and took a look and was able to remove a few from the Protect website, but when I log in to Link or Blend all these devices show up. I will say that I've given devices to family members, but still have a decent collection now of BB10s.

I have two Z30s with broken screens. One I was able to replace the screen so I still have that on WiFi. The only problem is the other Z30. The screen is dead and has been security wiped for months. I turned it on today and hooked it up to HDMI since the screen is dead and on startup it says welcome to BlackBerry or whatever the beginning of the setup process is. This seems to be the only lingering device.

The ones I wiped then gave to my sister from Verizon are not showing. I'm assuming this is because she put her BBID in on setup, but if I wiped the device and never put my BBID back in why is It still showing? Just curious as I have made it a point to wipe my device when I'm done using it and didn't expect it to still be associated with my ID. Thoughts on how to remove? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:33 PM
    A device is connected to your bbid until the device is associated with a different Id. Just create a dummy bbid, wipe the devices you don't use, and log in with the new id...

For devices you have lost, you might need to contact BlackBerry support and have them remove the PIN's from your bbid.. I have had this done twice myself..

The more difficult issue is when you loose your laptop or desktop gets damaged,.. If you had your phone connected via bblink and your bbid, those computers are permanently connected to your bbid, and will keep popping up in 'device connection' on your phone. BlackBerry say there is no current way to have those old computers removed from a bbid... sounds a little bit strange to me, but that's how It is...
    04-23-15 10:36 PM
    A device is connected to your bbid until the device is associated with a different Id. Just create a dummy bbid, wipe the devices you don't use, and log in with the new id...

For devices you have lost, you might need to contact BlackBerry support and have them remove the PIN's from your bbid.. I have had this done twice myself..

The more difficult issue is when you loose your laptop or desktop gets damaged,.. If you had your phone connected via bblink and your bbid, those computers are permanently connected to your bbid, and will keep popping up in 'device connection' on your phone. BlackBerry say there is no current way to have those old computers removed from a bbid... sounds a little bit strange to me, but that's how It is...
    Ouch, glad I disconnected BB Link before nuking that old test laptop... :-D

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-23-15 11:08 PM
    Good information. I assumed when I did the wipe it would remove from my BBID since it asks to sign in again on setup. Guess I'm stuck with that device. Might end up just giving it away on here. I tried replacing the screen on it and didn't realize it was a CDMA screen so put the cracked/dead screen back on. I was surprised that after months it powered right back on, but as I wrote hooked it up to HDMI and it is at the welcome screen. Just needs a new screen. Was bought in the Fall and only used for a few weeks.

As for BlackBerry Protect, the BlackBerry Z30 that I gave to my sister when I switched to AT&T was still listed as active there. Had to manually remove a few devices. Thought it was odd that I could still mess with her device. Didn't try, but was going to sound the alarm to see if it would actually still work and mess with her a little (jokingly, love my sister).

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 01:35 AM