LMAO I saw the title of the thread, and immediatley thought "Like a F***ing champ!"
    Lol. You got that right!

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-31-14 02:34 PM
    Excellent post OP

Posted via CB10
    Thank you

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-31-14 02:34 PM
    This is how BlackBerry will rise. People are hearing, people are asking. When I show them the real BlackBerry on my z30 with all the apps, the speed and smoothness, the memory 16+64 gig......etc. they want one. Plus the battery life is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. The smartphone world may have turned on it's axis for RIM, ..but now I see nothing but sure steps in the right direction from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:56 PM
    This thread reminds me of those hair product for men infomercials. You know, the one with the guy who looks depressed, then after using the product he has a nice car and a hot girl sitting next to him and says, "Thank _______ for giving me my life back!"
    01-31-14 03:40 PM
    Unless you used a picture of a pin-hole, I doubt whether that could be repeated.

Anyway OP, thanks for the great post!

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter if you look at the picture or not. I'm not saying that everyone will take less than 5 tries but if that possibility exists then I don't really feel that secure about it. Right now it took me about 20 tries of random gestures without looking at the phone to unlock it although if a stranger picked it up he/she will only have 5 tries.
    tbims01 likes this.
    01-31-14 06:43 PM
    It doesn't matter if you look at the picture or not. I'm not saying that everyone will take less than 5 tries but if that possibility exists then I don't really feel that secure about it. Right now it took me about 20 tries of random gestures without looking at the phone to unlock it although if a stranger picked it up he/she will only have 5 tries.
    Not having four strangers on hand with which to test your theory, I locked my device - and with my eyes closed - I dragged the numbers across the screen.
    To my amazement it had unlocked on the first try!
    I swear that is the truth.
    After numerous attempts to repeat it, my morning has been ruined by multiple warning messages.
    Nonetheless it is food for thought.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:34 PM
    dam I had this os for a month I didnt know the pinch hub thing! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE IT
    01-31-14 09:14 PM
    My sister blind guess the damn password 10 times erasing my phone's data afterwards

Posted via CB10
    Well, I sure hope you had a recent backup! Link is pretty awesome too. I'm always scratching my head when someone complains about it. Your stuff is just automatically synced to your home box no matter where you are in the world. And taking a full backup of all your settings makes restoring accounts and conversations as simple as re-entering passwords once. It's brilliant. BlackBerry users must be really spoiled with regard to backup and sync if they're complaining about this.

Oh, yeah, and 10.2.1 fully rocks.
    jrohland likes this.
    01-31-14 09:47 PM
    You don't get twenty tries, and the odds that you would randomly open it are astronomically against. I won't bother trying to explain the math, but it's as secure as a fingerprint (moreso, actually, considering that the BlackBerry can't be rooted or jail broken) in terms of the number of possible combinations.
    01-31-14 09:54 PM
    You don't get twenty tries, and the odds that you would randomly open it are astronomically against. I won't bother trying to explain the math, but it's as secure as a fingerprint (moreso, actually, considering that the BlackBerry can't be rooted or jail broken) in terms of the number of possible combinations.
    I was a bit shocked when I unlocked it without looking on the first try, I can tell you.
    But yes I entirely agree that the odds against that happening again are astronomical.
    Combined with a good password, I believe that the device lock behaviour using Picture Password is entirely secure.
    The picture password has enabled me to shorten the locking period on the device, allows me to unlock it with minimal effort and is overall a fantastic addition to a great OS upgrade.

(So as not to derail the OP's thread;
    I should add that this update has finally given me the confidence to ask for that raise! )

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 10:08 PM
    I was a bit shocked when I unlocked it without looking on the first try, I can tell you.
    But yes I entirely agree that the odds against that happening again are astronomical.
    Combined with a good password, I believe that the device lock behaviour using Picture Password is entirely secure.
    The picture password has enabled me to shorten the locking period on the device, allows me to unlock it with minimal effort and is overall a fantastic addition to a great OS upgrade.

(So as not to derail the OP's thread;
    I should add that this update has finally given me the confidence to ask for that raise! )

Posted via CB10
    Lol @ that raise

From Zuri my Z10.
    02-01-14 12:43 AM
    The Blackberry 10 Platform is the BEST on the market....i'm always amazed at what it can do....the Android apps that it will run that my Android tablet will NOT run! I've had a number of apps that my Android tablet says "your device is not compatible" when loading it up on Google Play....but yet the Z10 works....also, I recently got HBO Go, Max Go and Sho Anytime installed! (Sho Anytime is pretty cool, whatever is on Showtime East OR West, you can stream it on your device!....PLUS various TV shows and movies!)....top that off with NetFlix...MOVIES AND TV GALORE! (still no Hulu Plus account for me though).....Not only that....I tested out using a Android GPS app that was offline....and it WORKED! It's sweet...there has not been ANY other phone i've loved so much as my Z10.....People may laugh and scoff at me for having a Blackberry Z10...and then I will ask them "what can your phone do that mine can't?".....if they say "Widgets"...I just snicker....I had a FEW Android devices and NEVER used the stupid widgets....so, other than that.....what can an Android or iPhone do that the Blackberry Z10 can't? Well....that's a mystery to me.....the Z10 (and other BB10 devices) have it all.....beautiful screen.....expandable storage...HDMI.....
    02-01-14 02:58 AM
    The Blackberry 10 Platform is the BEST on the market....i'm always amazed at what it can do....the Android apps that it will run that my Android tablet will NOT run! I've had a number of apps that my Android tablet says "your device is not compatible" when loading it up on Google Play....but yet the Z10 works....also, I recently got HBO Go, Max Go and Sho Anytime installed! (Sho Anytime is pretty cool, whatever is on Showtime East OR West, you can stream it on your device!....PLUS various TV shows and movies!)....top that off with NetFlix...MOVIES AND TV GALORE! (still no Hulu Plus account for me though).....Not only that....I tested out using a Android GPS app that was offline....and it WORKED! It's sweet...there has not been ANY other phone i've loved so much as my Z10.....People may laugh and scoff at me for having a Blackberry Z10...and then I will ask them "what can your phone do that mine can't?".....if they say "Widgets"...I just snicker....I had a FEW Android devices and NEVER used the stupid widgets....so, other than that.....what can an Android or iPhone do that the Blackberry Z10 can't? Well....that's a mystery to me.....the Z10 (and other BB10 devices) have it all.....beautiful screen.....expandable storage...HDMI.....
    I just love that we can do more than they can. All they had was the apps. Nw we have that plus our amazing OS.

From Zuri my Z10.
    02-01-14 03:23 AM
    dam I had this os for a month I didnt know the pinch hub thing! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE IT
    Lol. Love it more

From Zuri my Z10.
    02-01-14 09:25 AM
    This thread reminds me of those hair product for men infomercials. You know, the one with the guy who looks depressed, then after using the product he has a nice car and a hot girl sitting next to him and says, "Thank _______ for giving me my life back!"
    Lol. I agree

From Zuri my Z10.
    02-01-14 09:26 AM
    Updated my unlocked z30 running on the T-Mo network with the 1925 leak and latest radio...no issues and runs super duper smooth. Since T-Mo has no OTA update for the z30, I was able to still get the latest and greatest and I am impressed so far, The z30 is a true workhorse for me
    02-01-14 09:54 AM
    I just tried the pinch to see unread in the Hub and I nearly lost my sh*t. Bananas! I can't believe I hadn't tried that sooner, it's so smooth and useful!

I nearly lost it here:

And said to myself.....IT IS FINISHED....BEST OF BOTH WORLDS....I AM THE CHAMPION.
    02-01-14 10:30 AM
    I just tried the pinch to see unread in the Hub and I nearly lost my sh*t. Bananas! I can't believe I hadn't tried that sooner, it's so smooth and useful!

I nearly lost it here:
    Hehehe *giggling*

From Zuri my Z10.
    02-01-14 12:46 PM
    I was aware of picture password but I didn't know it was as secure as advertised... the only issue I have is that the IT policy at my work, doesn't allow me to use it... it actually sends it to my z30 and disable the option. Idiots, is the most secure way...
    02-07-14 08:31 AM
    Awesome isn't it??? Love it myself....
    Awesome but makes me anger with BlackBerry. So stupid, so backward thinking, there are features that BB10 has that no one has, yet you see commercials about Samsung pausing a video when no watching. Idiots!
    02-07-14 08:35 AM
    Awesome but makes me anger with BlackBerry. So stupid, so backward thinking, there are features that BB10 has that no one has, yet you see commercials about Samsung pausing a video when no watching. Idiots!
    Because I glance away for a second I want it to pause. No thanks. That's just a gimmick. Plus it must have to use its camera and some kind of facial recognition to determine you are not looking. Can one say "battery drain "?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:04 AM
    I just showed picture password to one of my penetration testing profs and his assistant and they were immediately impressed and started talking about how they'll be looking to get a BlackBerry for their next phone due to their innovations in security.

It's amazing what a simple and quick demo can do, which is why I'm having a hard time understanding why BB has had so much issue getting the word out about their most amazing features.
    02-07-14 11:51 AM
    So Photoshop works? The one in the Amazon store says it requires a 7-inch screen. So it doesn't check? Good to know...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:59 PM
    So Photoshop works? The one in the Amazon store says it requires a 7-inch screen. So it doesn't check? Good to know...

Posted via CB10
    Amazon doesn't even allow me download anything because of location

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 03:40 PM
99 ... 234