View Poll Results: How often to you buy a new phone?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whenever a new model comes out

19 31.67%
  • I get a new one whenever my upgrade is available

33 55.00%
  • Usually never. Only when I break it or lose it.

8 13.33%
    Every 1 to 1.5 years usually.
    03-18-10 12:13 AM
    Whenever I get bored which can be as often as once a month!! I usually sell my current phone in order to buy a new one. I wouldn't be able to support my addiction otherwise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 12:14 AM
    once a year
    03-18-10 02:53 AM
    Whenever a device turns my head. I have two lines and I now have a 9700 and I'm waiting to see what happens with the iPhone 4G. I had the 3GS but returned it, wasn't happy with it.
    My sis has my old 8310 on my extra line. She knows that I may need it suddenly and/or when the 4G drops.
    Also waiting for the slider/Dakota/whatever the new AT&T Berry will be.
    I'm a geek.

03-18-10 07:05 AM
    I buy a new smartphone once a year since the release of the First iPhone. As far as Blackberry I take what my company gives me, or what i can trick them into letting me tryout. I have purchased both Storms though, everything else was free
    03-18-10 07:12 AM
    Probably, on average, once a year.
    03-18-10 07:54 AM
    Not nearly enough Poll options

I update probably 1 phone per year,
    though now that I am a dual Blackberry wielder, I don't think I'll be upgrading as quickly, the feature sets that would make me upgrade from my tour, are not really on the near horizon out of RIM,

and every other Manufacturer seems to have a chubby for touch screens, which I don't care for either.
    03-18-10 08:00 AM
    I am always buying a new phone. I don't want to go with the in crowd, but I just like getting new phones and when I see something new, I have to have it haha! If I can afford it anyway.
    03-18-10 08:44 AM
    i only want a new phone when my old one either gets buggy or grows old on me.

i had an iphone for 2 years, and i loved it, at the time it was a great phone for me. but it slowly got old, and now i cant stand it. so i got an lg xenon and after a week of having it the bad touchscreen annoyed me to the point that i didnt want it anymore. so i got a bold 9000. i would use this phone for the rest of my life.

only reason i want to change phones now is cause im convincing my family to switch to verizon. i just hope that once i switch i pick a good phone cause all this phone swapping can get pricey
    03-18-10 09:33 AM
    I usually get a new phone once a year. Crazily enough this is my third phone since January of this year. I went from a curve 8330 to a Samsung moment to a tour 9630. I have to say, out of winmo, android & rim p prefer a mix between android & rim phones.

03-18-10 11:13 AM
    I get a new phone whenever my upgrade is available. So once a year with Sprint Premier. (Last year I lucked out and got 2 upgrades - one in May and one in November).

Now that I'm a part of the Blackberry family, I can certainly see how some folks get the itch with all the new phone buzz going on. My upgrade is scheduled for December - I can't wait to see what's on the market when I'm shopping for my next device.
    03-18-10 11:25 AM
    Only when there's an upgrade available. I use to buy them outright and that was almost 2 a year.
    03-18-10 11:26 AM
    At least once a year for my upgrade, unless something comes out that I have to have before then! lol
    03-18-10 11:35 AM
    Another option is needed to say like

"Once a year" and or
    "When I find a better device"

For myself, whenever I find something that's better than what I have. It's been pretty hard to top the 3GS, at least for me.
    03-18-10 12:44 PM
    When upgrade is available..
    03-18-10 09:31 PM
    I upgrade once every six months to a year. Whenever something new comes out...

03-18-10 09:42 PM
    Why fix what ain't broke? So many of the 'new phones' are just the same ol' shyt with a fake boob job it isn't worth getting all lathered up about.
    03-18-10 11:48 PM
    In the last year, I have gotten way too many phones. I think I bought 8 phones last year. I also changed carriers four times. My goal this year was to stick with the same device and the same carrier for a year. That hasn't happened. I have been through three different devices and two carriers already. I think that I will stick with the Hero for the remainder of the year. I get and upgrade every year through Sprint. It will be hard to stick with the Hero though, because there are some big time devices coming to Sprint in the coming months: BlackBerry Bold, HTC Supersonic, Nexus One, and the Blackberry slider. I don't know if I can withstand it. Philosophically, I believe that you should get a new device every two years. When you get a new device, the first year is usually a flurry of updates to get the device working as should and reaching its potential with the feature set. The second year should just be enjoying s devixe that works well. I hate having to wait for updates on new devices.

03-19-10 04:31 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD