I delete emails every day,

I LOVE delete on device, but not in my inbox, that is a very important email management feature for me
    I'm on a office365/ BB Business cloud services, so that I can do whatever I want.
    I can delete from any device (deleted mails go into my "deleted items" folder and aren't prompted on my BB) and have an automatic archive policy (3 weeks basis) on my desktop in a local outlook file. Kinda auto cleanup : Soo sweet !
    07-16-12 04:27 AM
    I delete mine every day. Want to keep it sleek.
    07-16-12 07:12 AM
    I have two accounts tied to my phone. Home and work. Both go through BIS so the main copies for work are still on the office email servers and go to my work computer where I usually deal with them, unless I'm out of the office and they need immediate attention. I'm an architect so most emails are from contractors or consultants for an ongoing project that could last months if not over a year. So I need access to past emails all the time when a question comes up on something that may have been discussed months ago. However, since they stay on my work computer, I usually clear out emails more than two months old from my phone. And it's something I'll do every few months, usually when I'm bored. As for those work emails on the work computer, we have an in-house system to archive a project specific email with a project folder on our server. Anything not project specific either gets deleted by me, or gets archived in my own folder in Outlook.

I get very little activity on my home email, so that's easy to clear out every few months as well. Again, the main copies still go to my home computer, so nothing is really gone until I delete it there.
    07-16-12 10:03 AM
    Yes, one of the disadvantages of "full sync" is it makes this feature impossible.

Android, at least, supports the Gmail "archive" feature, which let's you get mail off your phone without losing it altogether.

If BB10 goes to ActiveSync, I don't know if we'll get to keep this feature.
    Yes, archiving is a life saver in an IMAP set-up. Helped me to sort of mimic how I handled email in my BB days.
    07-16-12 10:18 AM
    I delete emails everyday. If I want to save it, I hit delete on handheld, I love the delete on handheld feature.
    07-16-12 10:28 AM
    I only delete e-mails on my device before a device switch or just before an OS up/downgrade.
    07-16-12 10:29 AM
    I can't stand having email lying around in my inbox unread. I absolutely must read or at least clear some of it. I think I just can't stand the sight of having too many notifications in my task bar haha!
    shaleem likes this.
    07-16-12 11:15 AM
    I often use my BB as a "preview" to incoming work and personal emails since they often hit my BB before my laptop. So I immediately delete (from BB and server) anything that I don't want/need to also see/have on my laptop, but I often also delete emails "from handheld" (or mark as read) but not from server so I can deal with them later from my desktop.

Otherwise, I just let the emails get auto-deleted as they hit the 180-day limit I've set in the email settings. Leaving them on my bb for 6 months has actually come in handy numerous times when I'm away from home or office and need to find something (phone number, work detail, whatever) from an older email.
    07-17-12 07:34 AM
    I also delete email all the time, but once a week a clean all the things i left.
    07-17-12 09:54 AM
    I have over 80k emails on my Bold (work) and 60k on my personal. I delete them usually after a year or more lol.
    07-17-12 09:59 AM
    I have over 80k emails on my Bold (work) and 60k on my personal. I delete them usually after a year or more lol.
    140,000 total emails? You must be the Universal Search master
    Just out of curiosity, what does that constitute in database sizes?
    07-17-12 10:37 AM
    I usually delete some that I know isn't of any importance, but work emails and/or client emails I have to keep until I close and/or load em up. Then they can be safely deleted.
    07-17-12 10:37 AM
    Holy Smokes, how long has it been since you did your last purge/delete? If just a year ago, do you get 6500+ work emails per month (225 per day)? Seems like quite a lot. Jeesh, it even seems like a lot at half that Qty.
    07-17-12 10:46 AM
    Holy Smokes, how long has it been since you did your last purge/delete? If just a year ago, do you get 6500+ work emails per month (225 per day)? Seems like quite a lot. Jeesh, it even seems like a lot at half that Qty.
    225 per day isn't really a lot,
    if they are 225 action required they are, but chances are a lot of them are not.

my carrier.blackberry.net email that I use for emails that I don't care about keeping gets probably 400-500 a week I have 8-10 journals that I get emailed to me, I might keep 1 out of 100 because it was useful, then 30-40 "tech news lists" or what ever they are that send a daily blurb about whats on their site with some headlines, then all my retail stores I shop at's flyers come weekly, then a daily comic strip or 2. all quickly add up, they auto delete every 30 days, so it doesn't matter.
    Thats just one of my many email addresses,

if I get into my old work address, I was getting half of your calculated daily emails a day very often and half of those were action required emails.
    People use email like crazy, especially when they know you have a BlackBerry, inbox management is a task and a half
    07-17-12 01:54 PM
    ^^@deRussett -- I do a similar thing by channeling all those newsletters, ad blurbs, etc to a specific Yahoo address I set up just for junk and which I only check a few times per month; it helps a lot in keeping my main emails relatively clutter-free. Still, I have an admittedly low tolerance for receiving a bunch of stuff I don't intend to try to read, so I'm pretty dilligent about unsubscribing to crap mail and I'm careful/intentional about what I actually do sign up for since I know I could never realistically consume all the interesting stuff that offers some type of regular email communication. It's the same reason I follow very few folks on Twitter -- I try to keep it to the stuff I can actually handle without having to scan through too much filler. So if I ever got to the point of receiving 225 emails per day, either for work or personal, it would definitely be overload for me, especially if a good chunk of them required some type of action/reply. To me, that's what assistants and employees are for, eh?
    07-17-12 04:18 PM
    @BBMINI RE: assistants and Employees.
    they can cause a LOT more work letting them handle some seemingly simple task, as I unfortunately ran into this week with my assistant making a few phone calls "on my behalf"

I love search features for the bunch of stuff I get in my inbox, plus I'll usually get an email from someone asking "did you read such and such in the xzy news letter?" which will make me go read it, and I'll have it in my inbox so no need to find a website to grab it off of. that's why I stay signed up for all the "clutter" emails and the flyer emails I get help me plan the cities I'm shopping in that week as I get emails from multiple local groups..... this has just reminded me I can unsubscribe to a crap load now
    07-17-12 05:26 PM
    I hardly delete emails on my device. Only if I know I will not need the information for at least a month from now.

I love the Universal Search feature and if I need info right away, I just go to my BB and it's there; don't have to worry about going to a computer and bringing up my email.

If I do need/want to delete something, it's 99% of the time delete on device only.
    07-17-12 05:39 PM
    Depends if its a personal account I delete the ones on handheld only.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-17-12 06:02 PM
    I delete constantly anything thats no longer needed. Drives me crazy having anything on my BB. That includes email, texts or bbm. What really drives me crazy is having a message icon on the home screen of any unchecked message!! I guess im little ocd!!
    07-17-12 07:54 PM
    My work email I never delete. My personal account I delete as needed, I have all of the junk blocked out so my personal emails only total 15-20 per day.
    07-17-12 09:54 PM
    I delete emails every day,

I LOVE delete on device, but not in my inbox, that is a very important email management feature for me
    I so agree. I delete on device as i read or need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    07-17-12 09:59 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD