this is a question to all who have jumped on to android from bb10. i really love bb10, sleek, fast, best multi-tasking os but about to die. i have been a blackberry user for long time. didn't wanted to go yo any other platform but because of poor support of apps and also poor update support to bb10 i decided to switch, first decided to get a priv but ended up with s7, i still have my passport and q10 and i still use my passport on daily basis for emails and stuff and whenever i have it in my hand it just makes me realise that why did it all happened and its like when u love ur ex so much that u can't get rid of her memories. (she's much better and compatible than your new one gf ) and you just miss her. S7 is a great phone but i want the same multi tasking and fucntionality and build quality and everything like my bb passport. i hope this was possible but unfortunately its not.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-20-16 06:08 AM
    Been playing around with my wife's DTEK. While I like the BB10 UI better, there is no doubt the Browser and slow load up time of some of my Android apps and the annoying Wait or Close message on the ART slows down the experience.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    Sukhbeer Mangat likes this.
    08-20-16 07:42 AM
    I miss using my Classic on a daily basis. But I do love my Priv and not having the workarounds. I would love to have the UI of BB10 with Google Play on my phone.

Posted via my Priv
    Sukhbeer Mangat likes this.
    08-20-16 07:53 AM
    i haven't had my hands on DTek yet but i saw couple of reviews, Chen said he is gonna wait until september for hardware division to become profitable, and we are already there, but there aren't any success stories coming realted to DTEK50. Things are not working out for blackberry, even 10.3.3 is delayed, and we aren't sure if it's coming.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-20-16 08:02 AM
    I miss using my Classic on a daily basis. But I do love my Priv and not having the workarounds. I would love to have the UI of BB10 with Google Play on my phone.

Posted via my Priv
    how is the keyboard experience, is it same as q10 ?
    08-20-16 08:03 AM
    I'm the opposite from the poster above. I loved my Classic, but less than a week into my PRIV and I really don't miss it.
    The Android experience is different, but with time I'm sure I can have it running the way I want it which was the same for BB10, it took me time to get it just the way I wanted it. Sure it had some great stuff bake in, but I find the inclusion of the BlackBerry apps a big help.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-20-16 08:11 AM
    I am using the Priv and Passport as daily drivers. The BlackBerry 10 experience is exceptional owing the the Hub. Except the Hub the Priv surpasses all the expectations.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    08-20-16 08:28 AM
    I love BB10, it's easy to use and efficient. I did buy a Lumia 950 in April but was always going back to my Passport and yesterday I finally gave up. Pulled my Sim from the windows phone (W10 is horrible on a mobile) and put it back in my Passport. I'm not going back, I may have to get a BlackBerry with Android one day but I'm sticking with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 08:34 AM
    I'm the opposite from the poster above. I loved my Classic, but less than a week into my PRIV and I really don't miss it.
    The Android experience is different, but with time I'm sure I can have it running the way I want it which was the same for BB10, it took me time to get it just the way I wanted it. Sure it had some great stuff bake in, but I find the inclusion of the BlackBerry apps a big help.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I totally agree. Except for the screen gestures which make it so easy to switch between applications I think that the Blackberry Priv iis a worthy replacement. If I didn't have a keyboard I would really be missing my passport more.

There is absolutely no doubt that the multitasking experience on Blackberry 10 is superior to any other operating system but the inconvenience of having to switch between apps on Android is far outweighed by the availability of apps.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    08-20-16 08:44 AM
    I love BB10, it's easy to use and efficient. I did buy a Lumia 950 in April but was always going back to my Passport and yesterday I finally gave up. Pulled my Sim from the windows phone (W10 is horrible on a mobile) and put it back in my Passport. I'm not going back, I may have to get a BlackBerry with Android one day but I'm sticking with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    It's good to have choices. My 950 is my daily phone. I occasionally pull out my Classic but find it difficult to use, the experience is almost painful. Have had a Passport too but find it too large and the OS is end of life. The 950 is a good fit for me.
    Bonnie Bonzai and cribble2k like this.
    08-20-16 09:09 AM
    Not missing BB10 at all...
    Using BlackBerry OS10 exclusively all the time on all my devices... nothing wrong with it.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    08-20-16 09:17 AM
    It's good to have choices. My 950 is my daily phone. I occasionally pull out my Classic but find it difficult to use, the experience is almost painful. Have had a Passport too but find it too large and the OS is end of life. The 950 is a good fit for me.
    I will say I loved the 950s vkb, love to have that one on my BlackBerry
    08-20-16 09:59 AM
    No looking back over here.
    08-20-16 12:02 PM
    I thought I would miss BB10 more than I actually did. But there's no going back. The only thing I still miss is the PKB but I'm not sure I would even go back to that.
    08-20-16 12:18 PM
    I am using the Priv and Passport as daily drivers. The BlackBerry 10 experience is exceptional owing the the Hub. Except the Hub the Priv surpasses all the expectations.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    Really, really thinking about the PRIV. Wife has the DTEK 50 and already prefers it over her Z30. Both seem like solid entries into Android. We have Android tablets so the curve is less an issue. Much to my chagrin developers prefer the 16:9 ratio and business industry partners, educational and even my soccer coaching realm have apps I can use.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-20-16 02:04 PM
    Really, really thinking about the PRIV. Wife has the DTEK 50 and already prefers it over her Z30. Both seem like solid entries into Android. We have Android tablets so the curve is less an issue. Much to my chagrin developers prefer the 16:9 ratio and business industry partners, educational and even my soccer coaching realm have apps I can use.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    With the price of the Priv now down towards reality, either one are more easily had and should produce an enjoyable experience.
    08-20-16 02:13 PM
    I wish it were possible for BlackBerry to create a android home launcher that emulated the bb10 home. With gestures and all incorporated into launching the hub and all. I feel it is possible. After using literally hundreds of launchers since my first android phone the dext . I have seen spb and Nokia both make launchers that work very well and have a feeling that is all the if own. Maybe with time someone will create a clone for us that love bb10 flow , but needed android support.

Posted via G5 with hub+
    08-21-16 07:37 AM
    The 950 is a great phone - as is the 1520. I think either would make people looking to move on from Bb10 very happy. I am at a place in life where I have to send a lot of Text messages and emails on the phone and the Q10 is a machine for this.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 08:04 AM
    The only thing I miss is apps staying running in the background.
    08-21-16 08:34 AM
    how is the keyboard experience, is it same as q10 ?
    I had the Q10 and it was my least liked BB10 device even tho I am a huge PKB user. The Classic was my preference when it came to PKBs. The Priv's PKB experience is not too bad. The keyboard is a bit more cramped than the Classic's but I found it more comfortable than my Q10. I use the Priv's PKB for long replies, trackpad and shortcuts. With the MM update I find that the VKB on the Priv to be more fluent. I also had the Z10 and we own the Leap, so I am used to VKB too. Overall the Priv is a keeper for me. Solid device with the goodness of BlackBerry and Android.

Posted via my Priv
    Sukhbeer Mangat and bh7171 like this.
    08-21-16 09:43 AM
    I will always miss OS10 and was one of the first ones to buy the z10 when it was released here in the USA.

But, the app ecosystem is an important part for both my personal and business needs and I have adapted to the Priv and my iPhone 6s quite well and haven't missed a beat.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-21-16 12:18 PM
    I will always miss OS10 and was one of the first ones to buy the z10 when it was released here in the USA.

But, the app ecosystem is an important part for both my personal and business needs and I have adapted to the Priv and my iPhone 6s quite well and haven't missed a beat.
    what purpose does the 6S serve over the priv?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-21-16 12:29 PM
    Not at all. All the gestures in the world can't replace the functionality of a real app and not a webpage simulation.
    08-21-16 01:03 PM

Your story is the same as mine in terms of being a very early adopter of OS10. And I'm now on the PP SE. But it's starting to get difficult with the lack of native apps and only partial and inconsistent functionality of Android Google Play apps, even with Cobalt's fixes.

Question is whether to get a Priv w pkbd or maybe an S7, or just bite the bullet and go for an iPhone, with the 6 series likely to get a little cheaper when the iPhone 7 comes out. I'm most concerned about the lack of the pkbd and how easy it will be to compose messages, and the lack of multitasking. I don't know how limited the iPhones are in terms of multitasking.

Which are you happier with, the Priv or the iPhone? I can't get both easily.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 01:33 PM
    Your story is the same as mine in terms of being a very early adopter of OS10. And I'm now on the PP SE. But it's starting to get difficult with the lack of native apps and only partial and inconsistent functionality of Android Google Play apps, even with Cobalt's fixes.

Question is whether to get a Priv w pkbd or maybe an S7, or just bite the bullet and go for an iPhone, with the 6 series likely to get a little cheaper when the iPhone 7 comes out. I'm most concerned about the lack of the pkbd and how easy it will be to compose messages, and the lack of multitasking. I don't know how limited the iPhones are in terms of multitasking.

Which are you happier with, the Priv or the iPhone? I can't get both easily.

Posted via CB10
    I like them both, the slide out PKB and security on the Priv is a plus. I think the one advantage the Priv has over the iPhone is the price at the moment.

I have seen nice ones selling for 300-350 and a used 6s 64 is still 550 dollars so I think the value is the Priv. But I would recommend trying out both devices and see what works best for your needs.
    08-21-16 01:42 PM
56 123