Recently, I've been experiencing quirky problems that I never saw with a Blackberry. I even started having problems that used to happen to older devices some 10 months ago that have long been resolved, namely the VSOD (Verizon's Screen of Death).

I've learned a lot of work arounds and even preventative measures that now has my BB humming again.

In hindsight, I wonder if all those emails I accumulated over the years piling up in each new Blackberry I would get contributed to my problems. I must have cleared out about 20 MB of emails from the device.

Things seem faster. Reboots are even quicker. I am hoping I will be less "error prone" in the future.

I just wanted to ask the community, has too much email (Delete = Never) ever been a problem or a contributing factor to poor BB performance?

Thanks!

----
    Blackberry Tour (9630)
    OS 5.0.0.230
    12-31-09 09:27 AM
    I am constantly deleting messages from anyone of the 3 email accounts that I have. I would have to assume, that anything that you don't need and is a file, will eventually contribute to your BB not performing at its best.
    12-31-09 09:34 AM
    more the mails/text messages slower is your BB.
    12-31-09 09:39 AM
    I was just working on a user's BB and the main screen was showing 4464 UNREAD messages. I thought it was a fluke but after scrolling through endlessly, it may have been right. He still had 12MB free...
    12-31-09 09:41 AM
    i delete all email after three days in inbox, it leaves me around 60 emails at a time. if read them as they come in. create alerts and calender reminders as necessary and after three days they just delete. their still in my inbox on my computer. and my computer can stor a mess of them. my bb on the other hand needs all the space i can give it.
    12-31-09 09:44 AM
    Good points! Granted, I do keep up with reading/skimming them all, but I really need to be more aggressive at deleting. I have 4 accounts on the BB and some of the stuff is just FYI. Maybe if I get into the habit of filing really important stuff and just deleting the rest, performance will increase.

Thank you for the feedback and confirming my suspicions.
    12-31-09 10:34 AM
    I delete as soon as read if not needed. The default is 15 days and then deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 10:45 AM
    I'm pretty anal about keeping my phones clutter-free. I usually delete my emails & texts once a week.
    12-31-09 12:19 PM
    Recently, I've been experiencing quirky problems that I never saw with a Blackberry. I even started having problems that used to happen to older devices some 10 months ago that have long been resolved, namely the VSOD (Verizon's Screen of Death).

I've learned a lot of work arounds and even preventative measures that now has my BB humming again.

In hindsight, I wonder if all those emails I accumulated over the years piling up in each new Blackberry I would get contributed to my problems. I must have cleared out about 20 MB of emails from the device.

Things seem faster. Reboots are even quicker. I am hoping I will be less "error prone" in the future.

I just wanted to ask the community, has too much email (Delete = Never) ever been a problem or a contributing factor to poor BB performance?

Thanks!

----
    Blackberry Tour (9630)
    OS 5.0.0.230
    What's your free memory? You could have 10 messages or 100000, doesn't really matter as long as free memory is adequate.
    12-31-09 12:26 PM
    having 6 email accounts on the 9700 i read them and if i dont need them delete right away.
    12-31-09 12:44 PM
    What's your free memory? You could have 10 messages or 100000, doesn't really matter as long as free memory is adequate.
    I had 40MB. I figured this should be plenty for apps, themes and messages. But the device was performing really badly. I deleted 20MB of messages. I noticed some improvement after that. It seems that there is some kind of "operating threshold"...limitations superseding free memory amounts.

Have you found that to be the case?
    12-31-09 12:51 PM
    I usually delete as I read both on my BB and my home computer. I have never regreted deleting an email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD