I have the 8330 with U.S. Cellular

I've only had my curve for about two months, but my summer job really messed it up:

There's dirt underneath the protective lens
    The usb input is now really sensitive while charging if moved
    The trackball is literally brown
    There's a little scrape in the upper left corner of the lens
    A few minor problems
    And I just can't enjoy it anymore

Luckily, I'm going to finish the dirty work Sunday, which means I won't be getting the thing messed up any further and I can finally keep it in good condition from here on out.

So my question once again is: How much does it cost to take it into U.S. Cellular and get it replaced?

I have all of the original contents that came with my phone, including box and receipt

I have the warranty and insurance on my phone

My father was able to get his Motorola Razr v9m completely replaced for $50...
    07-25-09 11:20 PM
    With the warranty and insurance they might do it for the $50. If not, find one on CL for $100
    07-25-09 11:21 PM
    Yeah, the warranty isn't going to touch it.

But you should check and see what your deductible is for your insurance (likely between $50 - $100) and you should be covered.
    07-26-09 06:51 AM
    Agreed, insurance is going to be your best bet. If you don't have that you can do it yourself pretty easy. Housings are $20, trackballs are $5, etc.
    07-26-09 08:35 AM
    You can try for a warranty replacement if it's unusable - but MM is right, they probably won't give you a warranty replacement. You will be able to get it replaced by your insurance company for the deductible. You'd have to call the insurance company and make a claim. There is a pretty fast turnaround with Assurion. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:08 AM
    Certainly sounds as if this device is toast, but for future reference there are steps one can take to prevent this sort of damage.
    My suggestion would to be place your BB in a plastic zip-lock sandwich bag if the device must remain on your person while working, plus make sure your hands are clean if you need to use the device.
    Good luck on the replacement.
    Last edited by OneCleverCookie; 07-26-09 at 12:00 PM.
    07-26-09 09:22 AM
    Well guess what?
    I took my phone into U.S. Cellular to talk about the problem, and they told me that a small percentage of Curves randomly roam on and off, mine being one of them.

And the problems I mentioned above were overlooked

Under the warranty, I guess, they let me replace the entire phone for free
    07-30-09 01:15 PM
    I changed the full housing for a curve but they sell a lot of Chinese versions of the housings. they ended up messing the phone.. thank you
    How did it mess it up? I'm thinking about switching mine out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 03:06 PM
    Well guess what?
    I took my phone into U.S. Cellular to talk about the problem, and they told me that a small percentage of Curves randomly roam on and off, mine being one of them.

And the problems I mentioned above were overlooked

Under the warranty, I guess, they let me replace the entire phone for free
    Well, that's a load of bologna. But glad they replaced it for you.
    07-30-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD