Few hormonal teenagers on here by the looks of it. No need to act out, the acne will go away eventually.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-31-15 05:13 AM
    Few hormonal teenagers on here by the looks of it. No need to act out, the acne will go away eventually.
    Did you have a specific point or anything about phones?
    07-31-15 05:30 AM
    I didn't have any real issues other than the key falling off with my Q10 in terms of performance. Certainly not a lot of battery pulls and no double typing. It was just the limited ability because of lacking apps.
    07-31-15 05:32 AM
    Exactly. He's using fancier words to call mass consumers "sheep", as if that hasn't been done enough times here. And none of those same people will ever answer the question as to whether those exact same consumers were sheep back in 2006 when they were buying BBs.

Are BB10 phones competitive in the following areas?

Apps? No.
    Services? No
    Third-Party Integrated Hardware? (smartwatches, fitness bands, car stereo integration, etc.)? No.
    Cameras? No
    Screens? No
    SoCs? No
    Availability? No.
    Reputation? No.
    Price? No.
    Post-sale Customer Service? No.

Security? Yes
    Storage? Yes
    Quality OS? Yes

Notice that I'm giving the OS itself credit for being competitive - it is; there's nothing inherently wrong with BB10 itself. But while the OP wants to convince himself that most consumers are too stupid to make a good decision, looking at the list above, it seems that they're pretty smart about their decisions to me.

Instead of blaming consumers, put the blame where it belongs: BlackBerry. BB, specifically Mike, is the one who made a very long series of decisions that resulted in their products not being competitive in 10+ important areas of the market. BB was in a better position than any of the top smartphone companies today, but the blew it with their lack of vision and direction. Consumers didn't abandon BB until after BB abandoned the consumer.
    I don't think the OP is stating that people are stupid because of your list. He (or she) from my interpretation of what I'm reading here is that many people never took the time to even look at BB10 so their perception of what bb10 is is flawed.

Why doesn't bb10 have apps? Because there is not enough user base. Devs state, get more users and we will build the app for your ecosystem, but we all know if that app isn't available, who will buy the phone then? Who would want bb10 if the "In Apps" aren't available?

The camera on the passport is spot on but no support with software. Had BlackBerry had the support, you would see a much better software that manages the camera. The passport for what it is takes great pictures. So the my trusty old Z30.

The service is spot on. I've never had an issue with service with my BlackBerry. Can't say the same about android and iPhone.

In fact, just about everything in your list has the same issue. Lack of user base so there won't be no support from devs. BlackBerry can only do so much before they start infringement issues.

BlackBerry was late to the game. We all know this. That is what hurt them the most. Then the poor advertising or lack thereof of also hurt them. Perception is everything these days and BlackBerry perception was that they were dead. People right in this very forum have helped kill BlackBerry (Not that BlackBerry wasn't doing a fine job by itself killing itself). Just look at all the post in this forum going back from day one of bb10 release and you will see that backlash from people here hurting BlackBerry. People that haven't even used a BlackBerry based on some of the reading that I've read over the years show a lack of knowledge when it comes to BB10. Even some moderators are using android on a crackberry forum are using android (Talk about blasphemy). News groups, media, and even Wallstreet ( those bastards) crucified BlackBerry.

So what do we have left? The few loyalists who still hold on to their BlackBerry hoping for a miracle. They hoped Thorsten would of brought it. He did and didn't. He brought BB10 to production but lost the vision soon after. Chen is here and he's making decisions to make BlackBerry profitable but any business man will tell you that the handset market for BlackBerry is dead. Hence all the focus is on security for infrastructure enterprise. Now the focus is on this Android BlackBerry handset. Really? People complain about BlackBerry specs on current devices. What will change with an android monstrosity? Better service? Better camera? Better third party integration? All these things could have been done with BB10 if BlackBerry wanted to. How many threads have been posted for better specs? How many threads in regards to third party hardware? But they will do it for Android? It's a cop out if you ask me. I'd have more respect for BlackBerry if they just continue with enterprise security and infrastructure at this point.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-31-15 05:53 AM
    Well for starters, none of the lawyers I associate with use Snapchat to communicate. It's all email.

Anybody can pull a few words out of a sentence and then insert them out of context.

Glad you enjoy this BlackBerry site.

Posted via CB10
    I'm a lawyer at a large U.S. law firm. I can tell you that most of the lawyers I know use iPhones, with a fair number of Android phones thrown in the mix. I know one BlackBerry user.

I use snapchat and so do some of the lawyers I know. I don't use that app for work. I use it to chat with my wife. I don't chat with my wife via email. Believe it or not, lawyers are normal people who actually do things with their phones beyond simply work. Who just wants a business phone that doesn't also have the communications options many people use for personal communications? Not a lot of people.
    Elephant_Canyon and 21stNow like this.
    07-31-15 06:19 AM
    S4BB wrote themselves an app that creates "city guides" by scraping (aka stealing) data from a few other websites, including Wikipedia, and "wrapping" the result in a Cascades app framework. Then, they simply find a few URLs for each city, paste them into their "app-building app" and it spits out a "city guide" for that city. They had many thousands of these, one for each city of any size, just to pad their app numbers, when all of that same information is easily found by typing the city's name into any web browser - and you'd be getting it from the actual SOURCE of the information.

That BB allowed that kind of crap to go on in their app store is pretty despicable IMO.
    Yep. It's one of the reasons BBW is so bad. BlackBerry went quantity instead of quality.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 06:26 AM
    I'm a lawyer at a large U.S. law firm. I can tell you that most of the lawyers I know use iPhones, with a fair number of Android phones thrown in the mix. I know one BlackBerry user.

I use snapchat and so do some of the lawyers I know. I don't use that app for work. I use it to chat with my wife. I don't chat with my wife via email. Believe it or not, lawyers are normal people who actually do things with their phones beyond simply work. Who just wants a business phone that doesn't also have the communications options many people use for personal communications? Not a lot of people.
    Thanks for your input.

I was posting strictly about the communication abilities of my BlackBerry and was giving an example ( communication with lawyers for example) of why snapchat doesn't quite cut it.

BBM also has disappearing and retractable messages btw.

Posted via CB10
    MmmHmm likes this.
    07-31-15 06:50 AM
    Did you have a specific point or anything about phones?
    I did that already, somewhere above. The point I was making here, if it wasn't completely obvious, is some of the childish 'discourse' going on, sniping and general bitterness drowning out some good points. Is it alright for me to point this out or not?
    07-31-15 06:57 AM
    I did that already, somewhere above. The point I was making here, if it wasn't completely obvious, is some of the childish 'discourse' going on, sniping and general bitterness drowning out some good points. Is it alright for me to point this out or not?
    It is fine to point it out. However, it was done in a way that was non-specific enough, and in fact still is, that I didn't know what things you thought were childish nor what people you thought were acne prone teenagers.
    minttea likes this.
    07-31-15 07:52 AM
    It is fine to point it out. However, it was done in a way that was non-specific enough, and in fact still is, that I didn't know what things you thought were childish nor what people you thought were acne prone teenagers.
    Really?
    You think it was subtle?
    You think that the childish game of conkers going on in the background wasn't a disturbance to the rest of the thread?

Frankly I give everyone here a hat tip for ignoring that insipidness and carrying on a decent conversation.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-31-15 11:48 AM
    Really?
    You think it was subtle?
    You think that the childish game of conkers going on in the background wasn't a disturbance to the rest of the thread?

Frankly I give everyone here a hat tip for ignoring that insipidness and carrying on a decent conversation.
    What's a "conker"

I find specificity in posts useful, that's all.
    07-31-15 01:08 PM
    What's a "conker"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conker / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers
    07-31-15 01:27 PM
    Excellent post. @ray Soto

Posted via CB10
    Ray Soto likes this.
    07-31-15 04:09 PM
    Ok..........

Apple is crap.
    Android is crap
    Everyone without a blackberry is a mindless clown
    I don't need apps

There. Can I stay now?
    Sounds right to me, sure you can stay.
    07-31-15 10:02 PM
    Thanks for your input.

I was posting strictly about the communication abilities of my BlackBerry and was giving an example ( communication with lawyers for example) of why snapchat doesn't quite cut it.

BBM also has disappearing and retractable messages btw.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. I'm not at all comfortable using snap chat for secure communication between business partners or social. I use BBM for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 07:21 AM
    I'd be considered a foreigner to many of you, so my opinions and perspectives may differ a bit.
    How much do you think consumer culture and education is affecting things?-talking_to_mikey.jpg
    08-03-15 10:18 AM
116 ... 345