People have an inflated perception of their own importance. For most of us the only information anyone cares about us is to sell us stuff.

What cracks me up about this site is how everyone complains they can't get access to google services, then when blackberry gives complete access people complain about privacy.
    Yes,

Let's not forget about BlackBerry Services provided by the Hub + suite (or whatever it's called)

Installing this on non BlackBerry Android phones requires the user to give full permission to BlackBerry Services or the apps apparently won't work. I'm assuming this comes preinstalled on Priv/DTEK/TCL 'Berry devices.

In other words, you have two hands in your pocket - Google and BlackBerry.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 12:05 AM
    It's always cute how so many are concerned over Google's access on Android, yet continue to use Google offerings anyway.

'I'm not using an Android device! Not letting that creepy old Google get my stuffz! Now, how do I install Google Services on my . Also, can someone help me figure out this GMail error?'

lol.
    03-06-17 12:20 AM
    It's always cute how so many are concerned over Google's access on Android, yet continue to use Google offerings anyway.

'I'm not using an Android device! Not letting that creepy old Google get my stuffz! Now, how do I install Google Services on my <insert BB10 device>. Also, can someone help me figure out this GMail error?'

lol.
    That's true. I wish people would not be so up on Googles but* and. Support bb10 so we can have competition and not the complete monopolization of the mobile space. I for one used cobalts playstore but no longer do. Android is lovely and so is qnx too bad the companies that control them Cannot be trusted and are in cahoots

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 12:39 AM
    Google will always track you, because it will help them to set good experience of their products.
    03-06-17 01:24 AM
    Not by itself, but by repeated collection and other information, they can easily put it all together.
    Even the banks check to see which computer/phone/tablet you log from or which IP address. They know when you connect from an unusual IP address. Google knows that, too, plus a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    Well does it bother you that Mobile Nations knows who you are? Or any other website you log into?

Why any of the tinfoil brigade actually even uses the Internet at all blows my mind.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 05:12 AM

'I'm not using an Android device! Not letting that creepy old Google get my stuffz! Now, how do I install Google Services on my <insert BB10 device>. Also, can someone help me figure out this GMail error?'

lol.
    To quote (more than) one of my ex girlfriends:

"That's different."

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-06-17 05:13 AM
    Not by itself, but by repeated collection and other information, they can easily put it all together.
    Even the banks check to see which computer/phone/tablet you log from or which IP address. They know when you connect from an unusual IP address. Google knows that, too, plus a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    I can see it now. In some sweaty back room of Google, little old ladies are connecting dots.

"Look it's a dog!" "I have a goldfish!" "OMG, it's Jay Leno from the side!"

How much time and money would it take to sift through the subjective data, and to profit how?
    03-06-17 05:21 AM
    I can see it now. In some sweaty back room of Google, little old ladies are connecting dots.

How much time and money would it take to sift through the subjective data, and to profit how?
    How does Google profit from Google earth or street view? But they did it anyway and stitched all that data. If someone told you a year before street view was released that a company was going to be tenacious enough to drive around the world mapping the streets and everything in the way it is now you won't believe it. I'm sure Google has a swell government NSA and military contracts just as Microsoft was and present profit has nothing on future profit. The data is there and ready to be sold to the highest bidder. Companies also change Privacy terms whenever they want so thats not a leg you can stand on

CB 10
    03-06-17 08:01 AM
    How does Google profit from Google earth or street view? But they did it anyway and stitched all that data. If someone told you a year before street view was released that a company was going to be tenacious enough to drive around the world mapping the streets and everything in the way it is now you won't believe it. I'm sure Google has a swell government NSA and military contracts just as Microsoft was and present profit has nothing on future profit. The data is there and ready to be sold to the highest bidder. Companies also change Privacy terms whenever they want so thats not a leg you can stand on

CB 10
    The government has been collecting and archiving our data, long before the Google ever existed. The Google isn't a fool. Surely they know, if they change their ToS, and start sharing our personal data, it will be the last profit they ever see.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    03-06-17 08:18 AM
    The government has been collecting and archiving our data, long before the Google ever existed. The Google isn't a fool. Surely they know, if they change their ToS, and start sharing our personal data, it will be the last profit they ever see.
    You've forgotten what happened in 2013, 2014 and 2016 https://www.wsj.com/articles/privacy...icy-1482190366 https://www.propublica.org/article/g...e-web-tracking Goodluck though!

CB 10
    03-06-17 08:28 AM

That's a common misconception that there is a giant army looking at your data in real-time. Just like this

how it is portrayed in the media.

That's is not the problem and hardly the case, the problem is STORING personal information. Think if USA or any other country would gradually turn into a paranoid DDR state where they dispose political dissidents. What they can do now is automate searches in the STORED data and look if they have any possible dissidents. If they find any interesting they can then watch your activity and interaction with other people in PLAIN TEXT. They also have all the people you have been in contact with. This doesn't seem to be very serious to the uninitiated but this is actually very powerful tool as they can now map how people interact and further "drain the swamp". Then you are going to sit in that interrogation room and they have all the information about you and you cannot deny it.

Then some people say "I have nothing to hide" but that isn't much of an insurance. Everybody has skeletons in their wardrobe which can be used against them. It can be simple things, that you singled out when applying for a job against another candidate because you had some emotional outburst on the net long time ago.

Right now it doesn't seem to be much of an issue but the political landscape can turn around very quickly. Also, Google is sitting on the information now but an executive order can happen and some totalitarian regime can just walk in and say "all your servers and data are belong to us".
    03-06-17 08:32 AM
    That's a common misconception that there is a giant army looking at your data in real-time. Just like this

how it is portrayed in the media.

That's is not the problem and hardly the case, the problem is STORING personal information. Think if USA or any other country would gradually turn into a paranoid DDR state where they dispose political dissidents. What they can do now is automate searches in the STORED data and look if they have any possible dissidents. If they find any interesting they can then watch your activity and interaction with other people in PLAIN TEXT. They also have all the people you have been in contact with. This doesn't seem to be very serious to the uninitiated but this is actually very powerful tool as they can now map how people interact and further "drain the swamp". Then you are going to sit in that interrogation room and they have all the information about you and you cannot deny it.

Then some people say "I have nothing to hide" but that isn't much of an insurance. Everybody has skeletons in their wardrobe which can be used against them. It can be simple things, that you singled out when applying for a job against another candidate because you had some emotional outburst on the net long time ago.

Right now it doesn't seem to be much of an issue but the political landscape can turn around very quickly. Also, Google is sitting on the information now but an executive order can happen and some totalitarian regime can just walk in and say "all your servers and data are belong to us".
    So delete it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 10:12 AM
    You've forgotten what happened in 2013, 2014 and 2016 https://www.wsj.com/articles/privacy...icy-1482190366 https://www.propublica.org/article/g...e-web-tracking Goodluck though!

CB 10
    They're still giving people the option, that's what we continually try to point out. Also, they aren't sharing any data.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 10:13 AM
    They're still giving people the option, that's what we continually try to point out. Also, they aren't sharing any data.
    You believe Google is not sharing data based on what exactly? Their own statements? Any limiting ToS is based on legal interpretation. Snowden made that clear but put your head in the sand lol

CB 10
    03-06-17 10:49 AM
    You believe Google is not sharing data based on what exactly? Their own statements? Any limiting ToS is based on legal interpretation. Snowden made that clear but put your head in the sand lol

CB 10
    So if Google is tossing their TOS just cause, what makes you so sure BlackBerry hasn't been fooling around with your data? Trust no one, right?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 11:00 AM
    [I build websites]
    I collect anything I can collect [if it's requested by the client] after providing the usual disclaimer and explained what it is meant for (*). For security reasons, I also do control IPs when needed. What Google (among others) does is not exceptional, that's the amount of info they hold that is.

When I can barely extrapolate data besides usage, they're able to [that's a supposed funny example] identify the size, shape and color of your underwear. And they can do that without even knowing your dress size; that's data mining, where a (not) simple comparison of your behavior and a few keys more makes you "member" of a very closely identified "group". And then, it's only statistics.
    What I mean here is that the obsession for people dealing with this type of data is speed and (thus) rationalization of data storage. Your name or even email is less pertinent than your [anonymous] searches, age and gender; for location, well , they prefer using real and instant location, based on the various services you use.

Disclaimer !!
    Both data-mining experts and security / privacy obsessed (I'm one of those, yellow belt) will found a lot to refute and they'll probably be right; this is just a simplistic way to explain : at the end of the day, for profit reasons, stealing your personal info is not their interest. They just don't have to.

------

(*) In details, as requested by EU laws - Average rate of acceptation : 96%
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-06-17 at 11:43 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 11:23 AM
    So if Google is tossing their TOS just cause, what makes you so sure BlackBerry hasn't been fooling around with your data? Trust no one, right?
    Blackberry does not currently have the means to store and aggregate user data in the scale that Google has. It has not been their policy to sell user data to customers. Google has changed its privacy ToS many times so leaning on a current ToS makes no sense. The world is in a state of Flux and in this age of social identity politics, where things are not what they seem, especially with the American economic ponzi scheme falling apart secretly, privacy should be of utmost concern. Also I don't trust current blackberry, I'll rather have Nandroid backups with custom recoveries and gapps free rom, fdroid xposed etc. Come on thurask, this shouldn't be hard.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-06-17 11:31 AM
    How does Google profit from Google earth or street view?
    Selling different statistics for commercial forensics, offering an attractive geographic search engine, filled with promotional links (and commissioning system), support in-app location based advertising, prepare autonomous driving w/o the sole usage of GPS ...
    And several current & future usages we're not even aware of, yet.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 11:42 AM
    It has not been their policy to sell user data to customers
    I've read BlackBerry's PP before I agreed. Did you ?
    In accordance with this Privacy Policy, BlackBerry may share your personal information within BlackBerry or with our service providers. BlackBerry may also share information with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to BlackBerry. BlackBerry may also share information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Policy with third parties involved in providing BlackBerry Offerings to you including airtime service providers, authorized resellers, distributors, merchants of record or payment processors, subcontractors or entities participating in BlackBerry's supply or repair chains.
    http://us.blackberry.com/legal/privacy-policy

Privacy is what you grant.
    03-06-17 11:45 AM
    This Google argument that keeps popping up is so dang silly. You folks who rail against, obviously don't live off the grid. We're here debating it on a website, for Jef sakes. Do I have a healthy concern what of my info is bought and sold? Of course! I have much more concern for what my local, state and federal government has about me, because they truly can execute power over my life. The Google can cause me temporary harm, but they alone cannot destroy my life, unless I conduct myself illegally, and they voluntarily hand the data to an authority.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    03-06-17 02:52 PM
    This Google argument that keeps popping up is so dang silly. You folks who rail against, obviously don't live off the grid. We're here debating it on a website, for Jef sakes. Do I have a healthy concern what of my info is bought and sold? Of course! I have much more concern for what my local, state and federal government has about me, because they truly can execute power over my life. The Google can cause me temporary harm, but they alone cannot destroy my life, unless I conduct myself illegally, and they voluntarily hand the data to an authority.
    Hmm. The only reason a corporation exists is to make profit. You should have lived in North America enough to know the decision making processes that drive this profit. When a corporations only product to sell is your data, I will suggest you don't make statements only because you see the tip of the iceberg
    03-06-17 03:07 PM
    Hmm. The only reason a corporation exists is to make profit. You should have lived in North America enough to know the decision making processes that drive this profit. When a corporations only product to sell is your data, I will suggest you don't make statements only because you see the tip of the iceberg
    Much of their business depends very much on the customer's perception of their privacy and security measures.

Enterprise and premium users do not take this subject lightly.

It is in Google's best interest to keep this all above board.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 03:15 PM
    I'm in the process of doing that. Unfortunately this process is slow as you have other accounts that are linked to the Google account. Also, even if you request that Google should delete your account, it will remain for 90 days I think because of the law. Then they will "delete" it whatever that means but they sure have the data in backups and so on so it will never be deleted more like disabling your account.

Also Google has ensured that they are not selling the data. This I believe but the problem is not just that because they can give out the information without selling anything. Google was a DARPA project and more or less a US department so sharing can be done "internally".
    03-06-17 03:25 PM
    Much of their business depends very much on the customer's perception of their privacy and security measures.

Enterprise and premium users do not take this subject lightly.

It is in Google's best interest to keep this all above board.
    Wrong. Google is a monopoly. Poor blackberry that resisted by using proprietary OS with fewer apps in the days of pocket pc, Symbian and windows mobile can't stand their ground with BB10 and a stripped android runtime.
    03-06-17 03:34 PM
    Wrong. Google is a monopoly. Poor blackberry that resisted by using proprietary OS with fewer apps in the days of pocket pc, Symbian and windows mobile can't stand their ground with BB10 and a stripped android runtime.
    how are they a monopoly? Pretty sure there are other browsers than chrome, other OS besides android, more than google for a search engine, a map provider and more than just gmail for mail. Sorry but they are far from a monopoly.
    Ecm, BigBadWulf and anon(9803228) like this.
    03-06-17 03:50 PM
80 1234