10-14-09 11:27 PM
31 12
tools
    I have unlimited and I stream a lot of youtube, live on CB and surf the web, I burn up a battery in a few hours with my 8230 I will check my bill when I get it but I should be real close to that 5GB line mentioned earlier. My plan just states unlimited it says no cap
    , so what happens if they do have an unmentioned cap and I pass it? Is it possible to pass 5 GB in a month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not really sure what happens if you pass the 5gb limit... I haven't really heard of anyone who's pulled that off yet! It does seem strange that they tell you it's unlimited when it's actually 5gb... What can you do though, you know?
    10-14-09 10:32 PM
    I'm not really sure what happens if you pass the 5gb limit... I haven't really heard of anyone who's pulled that off yet! It does seem strange that they tell you it's unlimited when it's actually 5gb... What can you do though, you know?
    It would be hard to pass 5GB without tethering. I stream radio about 4 hrs./day, and I still do not surpass 2GB/month data use.
    10-14-09 10:41 PM
    Yeah they can cancel our service anytime they are fit but we have to pay a huge penalty to cancel early.
    My paperwork says nothing about a limit on unlimited days only states that if over 50% of usage occurrs outside the home area for 2 consecutive months that Cellular South reserves the right to terminate service.
    Maybe AT&T has a cap because they have no home area. My carrier is based in Mississippi the home area covers Memphis TN to parts of Florida, maybe they have no cap since they restrict you to having 50% use in home area.

10-14-09 10:42 PM
    Whoa, so I could listen to the radio on my BB 8310? Maybe?

Right now all I would be doing is twitter, facebook and yahoo mail (or maybe gmail)

1 if you are using Facebook / Twitter and 1 webmail account you will use 1MB per month

Facebook if you spend 5 minutes a day reading messages, posting on walls and checking out pictures will hit your limit

Twitter you'd probably have to use 1000-1500 tweets to use 1MB

gmail, I hit 1MB per DAY with my gmail account on my phone, so 30MB per month +/- 1
    10-14-09 10:46 PM
    I don't know about ATT but Verizon's bb data plan is truly unlimited with no cap, there is a cap on the universal data plan which is 5gigs, (tethering, mifi). I have used over 5gigs on my bb in one month, called them because I was under the impression there was a hidden 5gig cap and was told flat out NO, there is no cap.

10-14-09 11:11 PM
    There's no cap on the unlimited [I]data[/] plan by any major carriers.

Caps really come into play w/ tethering. Helluva lot easier to get to 5-6 GB's with a physical computer.

10-14-09 11:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD