View Poll Results: What onboard memory will the new BB10 phones have?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8GB

0 0%
  • 16GB

3 8.11%
  • 32GB

1 2.70%
  • 64BG

0 0%
  • 8GB + MicroSD

2 5.41%
  • 16GB + MicroSD

6 16.22%
  • 32GB + MicroSD

10 27.03%
  • 64GB + MicroSD

2 5.41%
  • Multiple Sizes

0 0%
  • Multiple Sizes + MicroSD

13 35.14%
    There i already a Poll asking what RAM people think the new phones will have. This one asks what storage space will they have.

Will BB10 phones come in different sizes? The Current PB comes in multiple sizes with onboard memory being 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB

Also will the Phones have MicroSD cards? Reading between the lines of Kevin's BB10 Review I think they will
    And like the Dev Alpha, BlackBerry 10 phones are micro all around: microUSB, microHDMI, microSIM, etc..

Anyway, go vote & then let us know in the comments what you think & why.

BTW me, I'm thinking either 16GB or 32GB with MicroSD, upto 64GB. I would LIKE to see 32GB, but I can see them saving a bit & going 16GB; especially as the hardware design was finalized a while ago....grr what to vote

UPDATE #1:
    I descided to vote for 32GB + MicroSD

UPDATE #2:
    Kevin has now removed "And like the Dev Alpha, BlackBerry 10 phones are micro all around: microUSB, microHDMI, microSIM, etc.." From the article. I guess he messed up & released more info then he meant to. The microUSB, microHDMI, & microSIM are not really news, so that must mean that the ect.. part was the problem.......I'm going to take this as confirmation that YES BB10 does have MicroSD cards.....other wise, why try to hide it?

UPDATE #3:
    According to the fuzzy video below there is a MicroSD
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mAr6WtfOp-4[/YT]
    Last edited by bbpandy; 08-31-12 at 11:56 PM.
    08-30-12 03:36 PM
    It's not a saving as such - Memory is generally how you increase your margins (because the difference in cost is not large but the selling price to consumers is) - so you make very little on the 8gb but sell a lot, more on the 16gb but sell fewer and a lot on 32gb but sell the least.
    08-30-12 03:40 PM
    Actually I might just prefer they go with just one capacity with micro-sd expansion slot with SDXC support. With different capacities, that means they would have to predict the demand for each capacity as well.

Personally, 16GB is plenty enough for me, but 32GB would be great. Since the 4G playbook only comes in 32, perhaps that's a sign? Then if eventually for those who wants more, can just pop in a 64GB card.
    08-30-12 03:56 PM
    I really hope there will be sd cards and at least 32 gigs on board.
    08-30-12 05:46 PM
    There will be MicroSD card support. I'm pretty sure they will have at least 8GB, since BB10 doesn't have to load the entire OS into RAM.

Maybe 16GB, but most likely NOT 32GB or more. And I doubt there will be multiple sizes, as that will just add confusion.
    08-30-12 06:06 PM
    UPDATE:
    Kevin has now removed "And like the Dev Alpha, BlackBerry 10 phones are micro all around: microUSB, microHDMI, microSIM, etc.." From the article. I guess he messed up & released more info then he meant to. The microUSB, microHDMI, & microSIM are not really news, so that must mean that the ect.. part was the problem.......I'm going to take this as confirmation that YES BB10 does have MicroSD cards.....other wise, why try to hide it?
    08-30-12 06:26 PM
    Gets me excited. If they don't have microSD cards, they won't be the first smartphone to be without them.

I'm not worried. I have plenty of storage with 32GB.
    anjali_jain likes this.
    08-31-12 01:54 AM
    I don't think they will come in different sizes, that's what SD cards are for. I'm happy tha they will have HDMI port though . I hope they are compatible with the 64GB SDs that are coming out. If they are then who cares the internal memory lol.
    08-31-12 02:48 PM
    My guess is that it will be similar specs to the Playbook and probably come in a 16gb base model, hopefully with microSD card slot for expansion. That will keep the phone costs lower and allow users to choose if they want more memory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    08-31-12 04:41 PM
    UPDATE #3:
    According to the fuzzy video below there is a MicroSD
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mAr6WtfOp-4[/YT]
    08-31-12 11:56 PM
    UPDATE:
    it could just as easily mean that it has a standard SIM card after all. or no HDMI out.
    09-01-12 12:31 AM
    it could just as easily mean that it has a standard SIM card after all. or no HDMI out.
    Look at the blurry video above. That shows a MicroSIM & MicroSD
    09-01-12 01:34 AM
    Look at the blurry video above. That shows a MicroSIM & MicroSD
    No... a MicroSIM is much smaller. that's a standard GSM SIM.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    09-01-12 02:15 AM
    The size of the two cards seems similar. My Curve has a much bigger SIM card than sd card.
    09-01-12 09:32 AM
    No... a MicroSIM is much smaller. that's a standard GSM SIM.
    That is not a standard SIM. It is a micro-SIM.
    09-01-12 11:12 AM
    As to the memory size, I want to be surprised by RIM, I really hope it's big enough to load much of the movies I want to watch on a brand new BB10.
    09-01-12 12:10 PM
    I am going with 16GB on board storage, with a tiny hope I'm wrong and they are going to lead with 32GB to keep up with their PlayBook offerings of 32GB being the new base line.

and I am banking on MicroSD support, hoping on SDXC support
    09-01-12 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD