When I heard the news weeks ago that BlackBerry was planning on releasing the coveted Hub and other BlackBerry 'apps' like calendar, contacts, etc I was happy and hopeful that these wouldn't just be released for enterprise, but for all consumers.

If it is released for consumers, if the cost is reasonable for the hub specifically, I will most certainly migrate to the best Android hardware., to get what I feel would be the true best of both worlds.

Since the z10 release, I've been regularly reevaluating my allegiance to the brand, questioning what exactly i still prefer to stay. I'm familiar with the OS and I still prefer how BlackBerry handles communication, primarily via the HUB.

If/when the hub moves cross platform I really don't think my preference for the OS can keep me on BlackBerry hardware/OS. There's simply too many other features available on Android that I've lived without given the superior communication on my zed, if that gap is filled I'd move.

What are everyone else's thoughts? I don't think anyone can questions ones loyalty for those that have remained the 'BlackBerry faithful', but to what point would you stay?

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-09-15 12:22 PM
    I think Chen is too smart to give away the Hub for free. I expect it will only be via enterprise and in a subscription basis.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    04-09-15 12:28 PM
    If they give me hardware which is as good as the rivals, then I am definitely going to stay !!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:29 PM
    Hub on other platforms is paid only and possibly (unless already confirmed) BES only.

Also, Hub isn't the only amazing, superior and exclusive to BlackBerry 10 that BlackBerry 10 has.

I'm definitely staying with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:36 PM
    It will be for people who are close friends bes server. Why would they give it free to all?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:58 PM
    If it's tied to a BES and/or to cash, I'm staying.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-09-15 12:59 PM
    I'm staying with BlackBerry.

I've tried the rest but prefer the best.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 02:26 PM
    For me, the neatest thing about the Hub on BB10 is that it's always there, accessible with just a swipe. I don't think that action can quite be replicated on Android, and definately can't on iOS.

So without that, it'd be just another all-in-one email app to me, as I rarely use the Hub to manage Twitter or Facebook (etc.).
    Elite1 and tagumcity like this.
    04-09-15 02:41 PM
    If BBM is any indication, once hub et al goes cross platform, we'll have to pay for it monthly anyways.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    04-09-15 02:47 PM
    I doubt very much that an Android "BlackBerry skin" can compete performance-wise with a native BlackBerry device. I guess we'll see.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 02:51 PM
    There are alot of restrictions particularly in IOS on what apps can do so HUB functionality will be gimped slightly on Android and alot on IOS. Therefore if full HUB is what you need then there really is no alternative to a BB10 device.
    srzjumper likes this.
    04-09-15 02:58 PM
    ill be staying. efficiency is everything to me, and no other OS comes close in that category.
    srzjumper likes this.
    04-09-15 04:12 PM
    Now that BB has access to thousands of more apps with sideloading I will stay with BB. They make the sexiest phones, the Hub is legit and the OS is on par with Iphone. I just switched from an Iphone to a Z10 a week ago and am loving Blackberry! I've missed it for so long. I feel I am a blackberry guy and always will be! I only switched to Iphone 5 in 2013 because of facetime with my long distance girlfriend. Also the VZW employee said Blackberry is dead. Anyway, glad to be back and plan on staying with BB.
    awindsr and Anthony_2u like this.
    04-09-15 04:35 PM
    The hub will never be as useful on other OS's, as it currently is on the BlackBerry platform

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:42 PM
    Now that BB has access to thousands of more apps with sideloading I will stay with BB. They make the sexiest phones, the Hub is legit and the OS is on par with Iphone. I just switched from an Iphone to a Z10 a week ago and am loving Blackberry! I've missed it for so long. I feel I am a blackberry guy and always will be! I only switched to Iphone 5 in 2013 because of facetime with my long distance girlfriend. Also the VZW employee said Blackberry is dead. Anyway, glad to be back and plan on staying with BB.
    Congrats on the Z10. Sorry to hear about your girlfriend.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    awindsr likes this.
    04-09-15 04:43 PM
    I will stay with Blackberry and my Passport (until a new BB strikes my fancy). I like the solid build of the phones and the OS better than what I have had with Samsung/Android.
    04-09-15 04:46 PM
    If BBM is any indication, once hub et al goes cross platform, we'll have to pay for it monthly anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where you think BBM is an indication where you'll have to pay for it monthly.

Enteprise Suite
    - there is no data if this will be paid solution (monthly or 1 time for the app), or if it'll be restricted to BES12 enabled devices via MDM/EEM. Nothing yet.

The hard thing for me is ....

Fluidity and uniformity!
    - Right now BB10 is a mix match of UI layouts (even for native apps) and behaviour of App World apps.
    - Many native apps allow for Peek & Flow ... something I absolutely LOVE!
    - Seems that BB with the App Generator being killed will clean-up pure Qt4.5+/Cascades (native) apps going forward to solidify the BB10 experience as it was originally meant to be = YES!!!

Performance!
    - I want top notch performance out of the system & the apps available from both platforms installed and running.
    > resources CPU, RAM, Storage should not be an issue. Since applications run on internal (and much faster RAM) it needs to be top-notch!
    > Basically I see the Passports internal hardware components, not necessarily the shape for all future BB10 devices to come, be the standard and bare minimum for all future BB10 devices.

Harmony:
    Performance, build quality, design freedoms and directions in the hardware and great cpu RAM, storage, can be done yet at a cheaper price from a manufacturer that MAKES their own high performance RAM, CPU's and glass screens ... .then I'm all for Samsung making future BB10 devices under license agreement and distribution along with better support.

PS: Mod's can we move this to a more appropriate forum to get more attention?

Cheers.
    04-09-15 05:07 PM
    Every feature that's been added to BBM since Chen took over costs money to use. (can't remember if Glympse was pre or post the Chen era, that might be the one exception)

Cross platform video is clearly doable since they have BBM Meetings, but free consumer cross platform is dead.

Custom pins, protected, no ad, retraction and timed messages are all, or soon will be subjected to monthly subscriptions.

And stickers obviously pay per pack.

The fact is, that owning a BlackBerry hasn't provided any advantage over other platforms when it comes to BBM. In fact, other platforms seem to get stickers and some updates (ie. Sticker selection is coming on iOS, but there is no mention of it for BlackBerry 10.

Following this logic, there is a good chance that if the hub is cross platform, and say BlackBerry adds additional features that they are charging extra for on other platforms, we'll likely have to pay for the features as well, mostly likely for the same price.

Please consider what is being said before disagreeing with posts. You seem to disagree with a lot of people without giving any thought to what they are saying.

Posted via CB10
    Glympse, Cross Platform Video, BBM Channels = all under Chen. All Free all platforms!

Ads did not exist UNTIL the stupid store came along in BBM for monetization ... "stickers" garbage i'll never buy them ... NEVER because it's childish and BB needs to understand their market is not adolescence based - they missed this 7yrs ago!

I give a LOT of thought when disagreeing ... others need to consider other thoughts and angles not just their own ... we're ALL different people. You need to read ALL my posts before assumption not just the last 10. I'm not a drone nor ever will be; people disagree get with the program its natural.

On that note ... you also didn't consider that the Enterprise Solution Suite is a tie-in to BES12 licenses and other EMM solutions. It makes BETTER sense to have this application FREE for download, because users will not be able to do anything with it without a BES12+ activation ... which requires a license ... which is at a cost based on existing licensing schema. Sure you can download it ... however for the end user to have it for use is an addition to what is already capable and available on their existing platform for which they've most likely chosen. There is another consideration in disagreement that makes complete sense coming form an I.T. perspective, not a consumer perspective that makes dollars and sense.
    04-10-15 09:13 AM
    Glympse, Cross Platform Video, BBM Channels = all under Chen. All Free all platforms!

Ads did not exist UNTIL the stupid store came along in BBM for monetization ... "stickers" garbage i'll never buy them ... NEVER because it's childish and BB needs to understand their market is not adolescence based - they missed this 7yrs ago!

I give a LOT of thought when disagreeing ... others need to consider other thoughts and angles not just their own ... we're ALL different people. You need to read ALL my posts before assumption not just the last 10. I'm not a drone nor ever will be; people disagree get with the program its natural.

On that note ... you also didn't consider that the Enterprise Solution Suite is a tie-in to BES12 licenses and other EMM solutions. It makes BETTER sense to have this application FREE for download, because users will not be able to do anything with it without a BES12+ activation ... which requires a license ... which is at a cost based on existing licensing schema. Sure you can download it ... however for the end user to have it for use is an addition to what is already capable and available on their existing platform for which they've most likely chosen. There is another consideration in disagreement that makes complete sense coming form an I.T. perspective, not a consumer perspective that makes dollars and sense.
    I'm sorry, I'm sure you really thought your response out and it is well written and all, but I stopped reading when you mentioned Cross Platform video and channels came under Chen and are free. Meetings is the only solution for cross platform video and it's not free, and Channels came under Hiens.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:44 PM
    You don't need to side load ever again. Just download from an Android app store just like you would from BlackBerry world, play store and amazon app store and apples app store.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 02:46 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm sure you really thought your response out and it is well written and all, but I stopped reading when you mentioned Cross Platform video and channels came under Chen and are free. Meetings is the only solution for cross platform video and it's not free, and Channels came under Hiens.

Posted via CB10
    Meet John Chen, BlackBerry�s Interim CEO, The Wallstreet Journal*
    November 4, 2013 11:40 AM
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-MBB-11124
    BBM Channels Announced at BlackBerry Live 2013‎
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/05/...els-announced/

‎8.0.0November 26, 2013BBM Channels
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Messenger‎

‎Channels was announced under Heins, it was refined and delivered under Chen! That's where it counts as that is the finished product, it had no legs until after Chen.

"BBM Voice and BBM Video to its application on Android and iPhones towards the end of 2013" this has yet to come to.pass and we don't know why the long delay with no such announcement - maybe development blocks for showing up in 3rd party app stores or proprietary ATI restrictions who knows, but BlackBerry - their not saying anything and thus no reason to assume it will not be free.

Timed Chats are free for BB10. Backup of chats also free as well as BBM Protect in current state which at evolve into a tired much more powerful cloud service(s) suite, with a basic entrance fee. Try not to be so negative that BBM will be costly with all future features. Yes they'll monetize yet I doubt they'll be so negligent towards their own platform supporters.

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    04-10-15 11:51 PM
    I will stay, other platforms have too many things I personally don't need/like
    04-11-15 11:27 AM
    I will stay, other platforms have too many things I personally don't need/like
    Yeah, back to the original question.

I'm staying too. The Hub has nothing to do with my choice for using BlackBerry in the first place.

It's a nice feature, but Google and Apple both give me plenty of reasons to stay away. And them getting the Hub is not going to magically change what they are.

If there was any platform I'd ever switch to, it would be Windows Phone. I don't know why, but my irrational paranoia is much stronger with Google and Apple than it is with Microsoft these days.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:44 PM
    Yeah, back to the original question.

I'm staying too. The Hub has nothing to do with my choice for using BlackBerry in the first place.

It's a nice feature, but Google and Apple both give me plenty of reasons to stay away. And them getting the Hub is not going to magically change what they are.

If there was any platform I'd ever switch to, it would be Windows Phone. I don't know why, but my irrational paranoia is much stronger with Google and Apple than it is with Microsoft these days.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, BBM going cross platform had similar questions being asked, didn't switch then either, then you knew that didn't you, lol
    04-11-15 12:51 PM
    It makes no difference to me, I just really like BlackBerry and the fluidity and the individualness of the phone and blackberry brand.

I dislike apple products *shrugs* and view iTunes much like a virus, (ever tried uninstalling a iTunes from a PC?)

Android is ok I guess - it seems more for gamers and kids - stupid but it's my opinion.

I was using my phone the other day and someone asked " OMG is that a BlackBerry??", I just smiled.

I am convinced I will get a Passport before end of year, but this little 2year old Z10 has been excellent and with 10.3 is in ways better.

My wife's Samsung s3 I find bloated and you think battery is bad with a Z10? Her phone is awful, lasting maybe 6hrs and is constantly needing charging.

Love my Z10, did a full back up last night via Link, then opened BlackBerry Blend then moved pics off the phone to my RAID ...no issues

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    m3ach and awindsr like this.
    04-11-15 07:08 PM
99 123 ...