View Poll Results: Have you had to exchange your phone because it was defective?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, never! First one was great!

65 63.73%
  • Exchanged it once.

17 16.67%
  • Had to exchange it TWICE.

10 9.80%
  • Had to exchange it 3+ times!

10 9.80%
    Replaced my 7130e three times since summer 2007 due to the white screen of death(JVM). I'm on the 3rd one, and it's working fine. Holding out until my contract expires in April so I can get my hands on the Bold or Curve 8900. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed until then.(knocking on wood)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 04:42 PM
    Working on number 3 as we speak.....: )

02-20-09 08:32 AM
    I have had three Berrys. Pearl, Curve, and now Bold and haven't had a single issue with any of them.
    02-20-09 08:39 AM
    Well, I'm on my first 8330 (and first BB ever) but my battery is draining very rapidly and my trackball is getting hung up when moving to the right. So I'm gonna go to Verizon tomorrow and talk to them. I've only had the phone for 5 days. But, I must say I am totally addicted and will never go back to a "regular" phone again!!!

03-01-09 09:27 PM
    I'm on my third BB. Luckily the other two crapped out within the 30 days I had the phone (actually they took a crap within days of each other) so it was easy to replace it. So far *knocks on wood* I've had no real issues yet with this one. Although I did most of my experimenting with the first two soooo... That may have been the problem lol

EDIT: oh btw, mines an 8330 from verizon

03-01-09 10:25 PM
    Numero Uno. I find that all the posted problems I don't have (maybe it's because I'm with Rogers?)...

03-01-09 10:40 PM
    Never had to exchange one...mine works very well.
    03-01-09 10:43 PM
    Have the same 8703, replaced my Curve once (spring popped out on the battery cover door) and still running on my 11/21 Storm......Maybe thats why I love Blackberry's ;-)
    03-01-09 10:51 PM
    This is my first, and it has given me no trouble at all. Worked out of the box, and needed no adjustment other than my upgrade to 4.5. I have been very lucky, and am not too proud to admit that.

krouac

03-01-09 10:52 PM
    On my second bold and as soon as this snow clears up I'm going back to get my third. I paid the price for a good bb so I'm not going to settle. And mine has nothing to do with user error. I haven't dl ANY apps and it is mega slow. The keypad doesn't illuminate completely and I have major screen ripples when I use trackball and side keys. Sorry but I paid 400 bucks for this phone so I feel it should not have these issues. My brother paid 70 bucks for a refurb curve last summer and he has had ZERO problems.

03-01-09 10:53 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD