This is a tough one?
    Considering Mr. Beard and Mr. Sims stated there will definitely be a marketing push when the Passport arrives gives me some hope. Even though we haven't witnessed how this new team will deliver BlackBerry's message, you'd think it would be automatically better than the old crew? I'm betting we will finally see how it should've been done from day one. Still, good won't be enough. Actually, brilliant may not cut it either?

All things considered, I believe 400,000 Passports per quarter would be deemed extremely successful. In reality, it should be more, but they have a perception problem like no other to fight through.

At any rate, this will be fun to watch.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 08-04-14 at 12:15 AM.
    07-30-14 11:29 PM
    Bell Canada already stopped selling Q5. What can you read from that?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    I read they're discontinuing the line to make way for other models.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    07-30-14 11:40 PM
    Well, here is what I think is gonna happen. The passport and classic will only be available from BlackBerry. No carrier will carry the classic or passport so save your money.

Posted via CB10
    I guess rogers is already testing it for the fun of it then.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-30-14 11:43 PM
    More than one less than seven billion.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    You win

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-30-14 11:45 PM
    People need to remember why BlackBerry was successful originally. People like Lawyers, Bankers, Brokers, Doctors making 6 figures all had BlackBerry's. The Passport needs to appeal to those guys first then you will see the trickle down effect to the people want the phone because it is a status symbol. That's why ppl buy Premium items to show off to feel important BlackBerry needs to make the Passport what the original BlackBerry's did from a status perspective that way they can break free of their current label of failure, and start to turn the corner. Enterprise consumers are also consumers.

Posted via CB10
    Juggy16 likes this.
    07-31-14 05:58 AM
    This is a tough one?
    Considering Mr. Beard and Mr. Sims stated there will definitely be a marketing push when the Passport arrives gives me some hope. Even though we haven't witnessed how this new team will deliver BlackBerry's message, you'd think it would be automatically better than the old crew? I'm betting we will finally see how it should've been done from day one. Still, good won't be enough. Actually, brilliant may not cut it either?

All things considered, I believe 400,000 Passports per quarter would be deemed extremely successful. In reality, it should be more, but they have a perception problem like no other to fight through.

At any rate, this will be fun to watch.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    I believe the new team will surprise us. We should analyse them with a clean slate, I dont understand why people equate with the old guns. Things like always late, cant deliver, no marketing.

I see a very different BlackBerry already. Consider John chen's visibility in the media, his and his team's vocalness, speed on the Z3 from concept to market, BlackBerry fact check, the enterprise and security events summits, the stop on hardware and software leaks.

This is NOT the same company it was a year ago.

Differentiate or Die
    08-04-14 02:21 AM
    People need to remember why BlackBerry was successful originally. People like Lawyers, Bankers, Brokers, Doctors making 6 figures all had BlackBerry's.
    That's true. But that was also the early 2000s, when BBs were the only company to do email and (non-SMS) messaging on a cell phone well. The market is very different today - all platforms do these things well, and they all do apps better, because there are far more of them available on the other ecosystems, and because they also tend to have a lot more development on the other platforms even when there is a BB10 version available.

So, BB no longer has a field to itself without competition, and today's competition are some of the biggest, most powerful, best-financially-backed companies in the world. BB knows this, which is why they aren't trying to compete in the consumer market anymore. They're going for the regulated enterprise market, where BB security is (they hope) enough to trump those big enterprises' needs and desires for all the things BBs can't provide at this time. So, don't expect any big consumer push from BB anytime soon.
    m1a1mg, MarsupilamiX and JeepBB like this.
    08-04-14 10:10 PM
    I believe the new team will surprise us. We should analyse them with a clean slate, I dont understand why people equate with the old guns. Things like always late, cant deliver, no marketing.

I see a very different BlackBerry already. Consider John chen's visibility in the media, his and his team's vocalness, speed on the Z3 from concept to market, BlackBerry fact check, the enterprise and security events summits, the stop on hardware and software leaks.

This is NOT the same company it was a year ago.

Differentiate or Die
    I agree. I can't wait to see how it's supposed to be done. Even so, it has to be brilliant. Most people have no idea about the new crew. They just think BlackBerry is dead etc....etc.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    08-04-14 10:57 PM
    No carrier will carry the classic or passport so save your money.
    You win my vote for most ridiculous, melodramatic, over-the-top, sweeping exaggerated post of the month

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:42 PM
    You win my vote for most ridiculous, melodramatic, over-the-top, sweeping exaggerated post of the month

Posted via CB10
    Honestly?
    It's hard to imagine for me, that most carriers in the west have any interest in the Classic.
    Yes, the Passport will very probably be carried, but the Classic???
    It makes no sense for a carrier to stock such a phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 01:35 AM
    Honestly?
    It's hard to imagine for me, that most carriers in the west have any interest in the Classic.
    Yes, the Passport will very probably be carried, but the Classic???
    It makes no sense for a carrier to stock such a phone.

Posted via CB10
    There are hundreds of carriers around the world, many have business channels, direct sales forces and online channels in addition to consumer shelf space.

You seriously think absolutely none of them will carry the classic and sell it in some capacity.

Yeah - i get that Verizon in the US probably won't bring in vast quantities to stock in their retail stores, but why wouldn't Rogers in Canada of some other carrier offer it online or sell it through their business channels?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 05:16 AM
    1 million unit/quarter or 4 million units/ year. The passport should form a third to 40% of Blackberry's targeted sales figures (break-even point at this stage). Leaving around 20% for the classic and 40% for low-end and budget friendly devices + high end touchscreens.