What's your preferred screen ratio and why?

Why are you prepared to sacrifice screen for a physical keyboard?

Why are you prepared to sacrifice one handed control for a massive phablet screen?

Why would you be modest and say the Z30 is big enough?

How many inches is enough?
    why?

Head on over to TechCraze C0008DDD1 , (check out the new logo whilst you're at it) and share your opinion on the latest post !

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 01:27 PM
    The Z30 is at the limit for me. Great size. Good screen and just small enough for one hand operation. Any larger is too large to be a comfortable phone in one hand for me.
    Signhere and tinochiko like this.
    04-14-14 01:59 PM
    I'd agree with Sedalia in general. Maybe 5.2" would be fine.

However if they were to shrink the physical device size by reducing bezels slightly further, that might make a larger screen more doable.
    web99 and tinochiko like this.
    04-14-14 02:01 PM
    The Z30 is at the limit for me. Great size. Good screen and just small enough for one hand operation. Any larger is too large to be a comfortable phone in one hand for me.
    Me too! I can't see myself going any bigger than a Z30..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 02:11 PM
    Somewhere between 16:9 and 4:3. Closer to 4:3.

True tactile feedback, true auditory feedback, addictive pleasure of typing, reduction in the no. of errors.

Why are you prepared to sacrifice one handed control for a massive phablet screen?
    One handed control is not a big deal for me, to be honest. A physical keyboard is.

Z30 is a little bit on the large side. Z10 is in my ballpark. But I have a Q10. See above .

4.3 to 4.7 inches on the diagonal.

Why?
    Optimal for my usage, easily pocketable.
    acovey and tinochiko like this.
    04-14-14 02:16 PM
    5 to 6 inches
    web99 and tinochiko like this.
    04-14-14 02:23 PM
    I like the Q10 as it is, I wish the 9930 would've had this screen size. I'm not attracted as much to large screens and am quite happy to sacrifice a little screen real estate for an actual keyboard. Thing is, I've been a touch typist since I was fairly young (learned on an electric typewriter.) I presently float around 70wpm on my device and I do a lot of writing on it, so virtual keyboards just don't do it for me. It's all personal preference right? Maybe I want my screen to fit in my hand instead of stretch past it and actually "like" seeing my digital world that way.
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-14-14 02:38 PM
    I am appalled that no one has posted "That's what she said!" yet. What is wrong with the CrackBerry community?

If I am forever denied my portrait slider superphone with Belt and large QWERTY keyboard which I would like to be as big as the Z30 but, being a slider, having a keyboard at least as big as that of the Bold 9900, I would like a 6" full touch like the Galaxy Note III, with no expense spared w.r.t. screen resolution and memory and CPU.
    04-14-14 03:00 PM
    I like the 1:1 Q10's ratio but another one wouldn't bother me as long as I end up with at least. 4.5" screen AND a physical keyboard.

For instant actions allowed by physical keyboard and other shortcuts.

Because I rarely use it with only one hand and because a larger Q10 is all I need.

Z30 is impressive and at the limit for a reasonable use as a phone.

why?
    For a Q30 a 4.5 /5" is good (4" would be enough maybe but i'd always prefer a bigger size) because you can have a pocket sized device that allows productivity AND entertainment consuming without giving up anything.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-14-14 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Removed new post from quote
    acovey likes this.
    04-14-14 03:17 PM
    I am appalled that no one has posted "That's what she said!" yet. What is wrong with the CrackBerry community?

If I am forever denied my portrait slider superphone with Belt and large QWERTY keyboard which I would like to be as big as the Z30 but, being a slider, having a keyboard at least as big as that of the Bold 9900, I would like a 6" full touch like the Galaxy Note III, with no expense spared w.r.t. screen resolution and memory and CPU.
    Oh the people here prefer to show, not just tell

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    BitPusher2600 likes this.
    04-14-14 03:20 PM

That's what she said!

OK, got that out of the way.

16:9. Because I have unlimited data and I'm not afraid to use it to watch what I want to, and like the wide format.

I've grown accustomed to a scalable, adaptable, changeable keyboard that learns, and provides a quiet, haptic feedback that doesn't disturb my wife.

I have a 5" S4, and type one handed, frequently, and I have small hands, the same size as my wife's, and it doesn't bother me typing one handed at all in profile. I've also typed on a Note 3 one handed, using the adjustable side-bias keyboard.

It is adequate.

why?

5-6 inches in a phone, now. Because I use my phone in lieu of a laptop, and the screen real estate allows me to do more with less bulk.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-14-14 at 04:51 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-14-14 03:30 PM
    I learned awhile ago that the shape of the device matters about as much as the screen size. I used to think that 4.3 was my sweet spot and I couldn't imagine using anything larger. Then I got the SGS3 which was 4.8 inches, and suprisingly I got used to that really fast just because of how the device was shaped. A few months ago I had the Sony Xperia Z which was 5 inches. I struggled with that a little just because the corners were very squared and they dug into my hands when writing a long email or forum post. I then got an LG G2 which is 5.2 inches, and that was a lot better with it's rounded edges.
    diegonei and tinochiko like this.
    04-14-14 03:43 PM
    6 inches because my z30 and note 2 must be bigger!

BlackBerry is going to have a harder time with this because the swiping gestures require a larger boarder.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 03:47 PM
    When I read the title I almost thought you meant something else and that I might have to get out the Mod paddle!
    red72 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-14-14 03:51 PM
    When I read the title I almost thought you meant something else and that I might have to get out the Mod paddle!
    It was a trap to draw you in!

I would suggest a bucket of soap for your mind.. what kind of mods do we have hear that jump to the worst conclusion

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 04:05 PM
    Q10 is just about perfect for a phone, and I could go smaller, I prefer a phone to fit in my pockets comfortably. I must confess i carry a full size Retina iPad around most of the time and tether it to my phone, so when I want to read, browse, or play I don't use my phone. The phone is fine for email, text and calls, but for everything else size does matter, and no phone is going to challenge my 9.7" iPad.

Also my current phone is an iPhone 3GS, but I'm leaning to a Q10 for when my contract is up in July, or maybe a Q20 if it's out then and it has a reasonable size.
    04-14-14 04:06 PM
    Q10 is just about perfect for a phone, and I could go smaller, I prefer a phone to fit in my pockets comfortably. I must confess i carry a full size Retina iPad around most of the time and tether it to my phone, so when I want to read, browse, or play I don't use my phone. The phone is fine for email, text and calls, but for everything else size does matter, and no phone is going to challenge my 9.7" iPad.

Also my current phone is an iPhone 3GS, but I'm leaning to a Q10 for when my contract is up in July, or maybe a Q20 if it's out then and it has a reasonable size.
    But that means always lugging that around everywhere you go, what if you want to go for a quick walk, and sit down for a bit and want to amuse yourself, get your phone out watch a youtube video or something you know,

It's a makeshift solution when you could have a decent sized screen, Whys the PK so preferable?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 04:15 PM
    I prefer the ratio of 16x9.

Preferred screen size for me tops out at 4.7" which I think can remain one-handed. Although it doesn't have to be. 5" makes it into the un-pocketable range to me. Others may be fine with it, but not me.

I've decided that I don't need a physical keyboard anymore, so that part of the question doesn't apply.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:17 PM

Irrelevant, whatever works for the device and gives me good screen quality and battery life, provided it fits the screen size. 1:1 on a 1900x786 surely would not fly. 16:9 on a 1080x1080 wouldn't work either.

I have already. Reason: BB10.

I'm not sure I am. 4.2" to 5" should be big enough without compromising on usability.

I've seen enough phablets now. 5" is big, but not THAT big. From what I've seen of the Z30, it's 5" but not as big as a Samsung device and that's good in my book. But I am not sure I want phones to go bigger than that. I'm really not sure they should.

4.7" to 5". 4.2" seems to be my sweet spot though.
    I get the feeling you wanted to ask about some other things but got "lost in translation"? Na, the replies hold.
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-14-14 04:26 PM
    It was a trap to draw you in!

I would suggest a bucket of soap for your mind.. what kind of mods do we have hear that jump to the worst conclusion

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    The kind who must deal with those of impure thoughts, and look at things in context.
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-14-14 04:53 PM
    The kind who must deal with those of impure thoughts, and look at things in context.
    That plus I have a weird sense of humor.
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-14-14 04:58 PM
    I really like the screen size of the z10, somewhere between 4 and 4.5 is my preference

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and pystha like this.
    04-14-14 05:33 PM
    That sounds bad, too - then YOU'D have to get modded!
    04-14-14 05:39 PM
    That plus I have a weird sense of humor.
    You aren't alone, there!
    04-14-14 05:39 PM
    Max 4.5 is the largest acceptable size for me. Easy to handle (even with 1 hand) and easy to carry.
    If I need a bigger screen I use a tablet.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-14-14 07:50 PM
28 12