I would like to know how many of y'all take care of your blackberry? How bad is it damaged if any. If so pics?
    01-17-09 04:07 PM
    My screen is scratched from my earrings, scratches and dings on the housing, and my trackball is dirty. Sue me.
    01-17-09 06:46 PM
    My trackball is always dirty lol

I once had my holster slide off my jean pocket and land on the sidewalk. Suffered a bruise on the top right corner of the silver bezel. Still going strong though.
    01-17-09 06:49 PM
    Mines been holding up really good, pretty OCD about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 06:57 PM
    left mine on the roof of my car. replaced since.
    01-17-09 07:05 PM
    I keep mine in a soft silicon case, and use eyeglass wipes to keep the screen clear and clean. I'm real OCD about my berry.

01-17-09 07:11 PM
    Mine is in great shape for dropping it twice. I have bought a protective case but I don't like it very much.
    01-17-09 07:12 PM
    Mines good never dropped living in a bodyglove.

01-17-09 07:21 PM
    wow i would've been highly upset if that happened to me...
    01-17-09 07:27 PM
    ya, id cry....
    01-17-09 07:38 PM
    I have mine in a skin, inside of a hard acrylic case, and in a leather holster. its practically bombproof. and I switch out my trackball about every two weeks
    01-17-09 07:45 PM
    mine still looks really good I don't do insurance so I better take care of it.
    01-17-09 09:00 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/show...95/index3.html

See post #37. Remarkably, I sold it for parts.
    01-17-09 09:12 PM
    My Curve screen in beat to ****...two pretty big scratches but that was before I did the math on keeping it in my pocket with keys. The storm will be much better.
    01-17-09 09:14 PM
    I've only had mine for a few weeks, so maybe I'll lighten up...... but I doubt it. I have SEVERE phone OCD. No one touches my phone. Half the time even *I* won't touch it (if I feel that I have something dirty on my hands, e.g. after touching money or public doorknobs, I wait until after I have used hand sanitizer). I clean it with alcohol almost daily. I need treatment. What's weird is that I'm only really super super OCD about phones, not any other electronics/pocketbooks/etc to that extent.

I do have a tendency to drop phones.... daily. I just forget that I have it on my lap or I'm holding it and I just let go for some reason. LOL
    01-17-09 09:33 PM
    Mines been holding up really good, pretty OCD about it

other than a dirty trackball, I second that!!! I am OCD also about mine
    01-17-09 09:35 PM
    A few small scratches on the screen, a small crack on the left side of the lens and a few small dings on the housing.

01-17-09 09:36 PM
    I've only had mine for a few weeks, so maybe I'll lighten up...... but I doubt it. I have SEVERE phone OCD. No one touches my phone. Half the time even *I* won't touch it (if I feel that I have something dirty on my hands, e.g. after touching money or public doorknobs, I wait until after I have used hand sanitizer). I clean it with alcohol almost daily. I need treatment. What's weird is that I'm only really super super OCD about phones, not any other electronics/pocketbooks/etc to that extent.

I do have a tendency to drop phones.... daily. I just forget that I have it on my lap or I'm holding it and I just let go for some reason. LOL
    wow, i'm def. the same! lmfao, we have issues.
    01-17-09 09:37 PM
    Oh, that's what I forgot to ask you guys! What about the keys.... This is kind of hard to explain, but you know how most keys, like on computers, have almost a rough texture to them when you first get them, but after using it for a while, the spots on the keys that you hit most often get totally smoothed out and have no textured bumps on them anymore? Well, if you know what I'm talking about, lol, does that happen with BBs (specifically the Curve 8330, if different versions have different key textures).

I cannot stand when they no longer have the little textured bumps on them anymore... especially when it it just one spot on the key that is totally smooth. For example, my space key on my computer has one spot where my right thumb hits that is completely worn down, and it gives me anxiety when I look at it. hahahahah...!! I'm serious though.
    01-17-09 09:43 PM
    Oh, that's what I forgot to ask you guys! What about the keys.... This is kind of hard to explain, but you know how most keys, like on computers, have almost a rough texture to them when you first get them, but after using it for a while, the spots on the keys that you hit most often get totally smoothed out and have no textured bumps on them anymore? Well, if you know what I'm talking about, lol, does that happen with BBs (specifically the Curve 8330, if different versions have different key textures).

I cannot stand when they no longer have the little textured bumps on them anymore... especially when it it just one spot on the key that is totally smooth. For example, my space key on my computer has one spot where my right thumb hits that is completely worn down, and it gives me anxiety when I look at it. hahahahah...!! I'm serious though.
    lmao... are you on medicine for this? I think on the curve they may get smoothed down a little bit but I really haven't noticed a huge difference.
    01-17-09 09:49 PM
    Since no one else has really followed the "pics" part of the thread title, the scratches:

01-17-09 09:50 PM
    lmao... are you on medicine for this? I think on the curve they may get smoothed down a little bit but I really haven't noticed a huge difference.
    No. But I probably should be........ hahahaha!! I told you it was SEVERE OCD we're dealing with here, none of that pansy "oh, I don't want to get scratches on it" stuff with me -- I'm talking about the important things here: smoothing of the keys, fingerprints, bacterial/viral contamination via anyone touching my phone, etc.
    01-17-09 10:04 PM
    No. But I probably should be........ hahahaha!! I told you it was SEVERE OCD we're dealing with here, none of that pansy "oh, I don't want to get scratches on it" stuff with me -- I'm talking about the important things here: smoothing of the keys, fingerprints, bacterial/viral contamination via anyone touching my phone, etc.
    Yeah, you and I are alike... I'm the same way although I don't get wierded out about bacteria/viral stuff. I just clean it all the time and do battery pulls all the time---people think i'm wierd but I can't help it, I take care of my stuff.
    01-17-09 10:07 PM
    Lol Sid nicely done

01-17-09 10:43 PM
    I used to be very careful with the phone when it was new, but now treat it like a tool. It has some small scratches on the screen, a bunch of hairline scratches on the back battery cover, the trackball is dark now from use and the chrome around the trackball ring is coming off. I don't really care because I'm probably going to upgrade my phone in about 6 months anyway.

01-17-09 10:57 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD