Just wondering... Its sad I know but my list of friends with Berries has dwindled.. So how many of you don't use (uninstalled) messenger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 07:11 PM
    well, since i dont have my BB yet (soon), i havent used it yet...but i know i definitely will use it a lot once i do have my BB
    09-12-10 07:13 PM
    I do not use it.
    09-12-10 07:26 PM
    no data plan (i know my bb is not a bb)
    no wifi on my device too.

Probably will try it once i get on BIS.

09-12-10 07:29 PM
    Just wondering... Its sad I know but my list of friends with Berries has dwindled.. So how many of you don't use (uninstalled) messenger?

I've never understood why people buy a BB and don't use BBM. To me that's like buying a droid and not browsing the internet. Or an iPhone and not putting 765 fart apps on it.
    09-12-10 07:31 PM
    I for one love my BB even though I don't use messenger..

09-12-10 07:37 PM
    On my old curve I never used it but once I got my 9700 I discovered that its faster then emailing my buddies.

09-12-10 07:46 PM
    I used to use it all the time, more than email and text messaging. Now that everyone has switched to Android/iPhone I only talk to three people, two of which I have to for work.

09-12-10 07:53 PM
    When I had my Storm I uninstalled it for extra memory space since I don't have many friends using smartphones. I now have the Bold 9650 and no longer need to free up memory, but still only use it rarely.....my friends don't know what they are missing!
    09-12-10 07:56 PM
    I don't use BBM, nor does anyone else I know that owns a Blackberry (not a small list either).
    09-12-10 07:57 PM
    I use it daily, a lot of my fellow FF's use it as well as the dispatchers
    09-12-10 07:59 PM
    I don't use it. Largely because I don't have a BB data plan and-as far as I know-you can't use BBM without the data plan.

(I have nothing against getting a data plan, but my carrier doesn't support my handset).
    09-12-10 08:14 PM
    I use it but only jave a few friends that do. Maybe like 4 people I know use it.

09-12-10 08:18 PM
    I don't. But I'm the only person I know who has a BB.........
    09-12-10 08:26 PM
    I do not use it. haven't tried. Isn't it just like sms except it blocks out all my friends that do not have blackberrys?
    09-12-10 08:40 PM
    I would love to use it, but my contacts/friends don't have BlackBerries. But that may be because I don't have a lot of friends. In any case, I certainly won't delete it.
    09-12-10 08:51 PM
    ya bbm rules! Unfortunately it's unused.....all my friends went to Android

should I uninstall? I have lotsa room on the 9650..will it make my berry faster?
    09-12-10 08:54 PM
    I don't use BBM. I have unlimited text, so why bother?

Edit: my berry is personal, I never use work networks. That is the primary reason I have a Berry.
    Last edited by Exiled Bulldawg; 09-12-10 at 09:40 PM.
    09-12-10 09:05 PM
    I have unlimited text as well, but I only use BBM for work. I keep personal stuff out of it. No reason why.
    09-12-10 09:16 PM
    Just got my fiance a 9700, she still sms's the same contacts the bbm's. So she carries 2 conversations with the same person, and finds it oh so confusing... Lol

09-12-10 09:44 PM
    I didn't start using BBM until I got invited to the CB Fitness Challenge BBM group that Kevin set up. I think half the group was using BBM for the first time, too. I think the reason a lot of BB users don't use BBM is because you need your BBM contacts to also use BlackBerry. In many cases, people have lots of family and friends that don't use BlackBerry, so they may not want to use BBM as their instant messenger client. In our BBM group, we just lost 3 members because they bought Android. Now, that I have been using BBM for a while, I really like it, but if it weren't for that contest, I would have never used it.
    09-13-10 12:29 AM
    I only have 2 friends who have blackberry's everyone else has another type of phone. I tried it once with one of my friends but didn't see the purpose since I could just sms them instead of switching back and forth to bbm. So I deleted it & and never looked back.

09-13-10 01:19 AM
    I only have 2 friends who have blackberry's everyone else has another type of phone. I tried it once with one of my friends but didn't see the purpose since I could just sms them instead of switching back and forth to bbm. So I deleted it & and never looked back.

I'm thinking of deleting mine too.
    As BBM is a core app, do we have to resort to using the desktop manager and application loader?

The last time I used the application loader, I had a error 507 or something like that...
    And I had to reinstall the OS. It literally took me 4 hours to get everything back to factory default :[
    09-13-10 02:43 AM
    Hi,

I do not know anyone who uses BBM, so i do not use it. I may uninstall for space.

Leader.Desslock
    09-13-10 04:02 AM
    I only know one person who is lucky to have a berry, but if it frees up memory I will be deleting it

09-13-10 04:16 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD