Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:46 AM
    I did. I am forced to install "leaks" if I want an up to date basic feature set

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-29-13 08:51 AM
    As a graphic designer and avid PC gamer i definitely had to use my Mac and PC, a lot. NO tablet or phone will EVER replace a tablet, mouse and keyboard for a designer or pc gamer.
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    09-29-13 08:55 AM
    I have to for work, but don't at all for personal use. It's PB or Q10.
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-29-13 08:58 AM
    I used my notebook at work everyday.. but I'm constantly complaining about using a standard keyboard that doesn't do autocorrect on the fly. Love my z10 keyboard cause I literally type every word wrong yet my z10 gets it right 95% of the time - wish my notebook could do that.
    grover5 likes this.
    09-29-13 08:58 AM
    Only to install a leak. Otherwise I barely use any PC anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:59 AM
    Use my laptop every day, there's things any cell phone cannot accomplish.
    09-29-13 09:00 AM
    I use my laptop everyday and I have BB10 BBOS 7.1 and ios7 as well as PB's and ipads in the household.
    I don't see cells really phasing out laptops.

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless and tack like this.
    09-29-13 09:08 AM
    This week has been my turn in the after-hours coverage rotation for our team's executive technical support efforts and while the rest of the team carries their laptops around while it's their weeks I don't : my Z10 with Remote Desktop for BlackBerry is all I need.

Being as many of the utilities I use are web - based management console pages, sometimes I only need my Work Browser (on my Z10 's work partition).

I also use my LTE PlayBook for the same purpose.

Side note : check out Todd Grayson's Remote Desktop for BlackBerry or Remote Desktop for PlayBook if you'd like to leave your laptop at your desk as I have been doing. It's very liberating.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:12 AM
    Laptop is essential to me even I use my Z10 more often. I have not touched my iPhone 4s after upgrading the OS to ios7, I was just uncomfortable to be forced to push home button, so awkward. I predict the home button would be eliminated in all smartphones in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:31 AM
    No phone will ever be a replacement for a Laptop.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:33 AM
    I write somewhere between 1000-2000 words a day and am referring constantly to PDFs and dealing with emails - forget the laptop, I have a proper desktop with three screens and a ergonomic keyboard.
    AnimalPak200 and adjdudley21 like this.
    09-29-13 09:35 AM
    Use mine daily for various things. Even browsing the web is nice on a laptop over the small phone screen after a bit
    ItrathA, tack and adjdudley21 like this.
    09-29-13 09:39 AM
    Daily. Up until ten minutes ago when I came upstairs and grabbed the iPad.

A smartphone is NOT a laptop replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    tack, bob_tn, BroncoVAL and 1 others like this.
    09-29-13 09:44 AM
    Just about everyone with real jobs.

Then again the blackberry "prosumer" like yourself would never need a real workhorse.
    09-29-13 09:49 AM
    I use my work laptop every day. For my own personal stuff at home, I've only turned my laptop on once in the last two weeks.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:50 AM
    Just about everyone with real jobs.

Then again the blackberry "prosumer" like yourself would never need a real workhorse.
    It's like when I talk to hipsters and they tell me they don't need an properly set up office because they can work out of coffee shops and use their laptops in those low comfortable chairs and I ask "how are your wrists and your back?" and they say "I've got RSI how did you know? "
    09-29-13 09:51 AM
    Q10 form factor (a 4" screen would still be best) is what i expect from a smartphone: small enough to have it in my pocket, smart enough to browse internet, skype or write emails.
    If i want to watch a movie or a more comfortable screen i go back to my Hackintosh.
    I notice that i still prefer using my Q10 than my ipad that is resting on my desk (and i was using it 3-4 hours a day before my Q10 acquisition).
    For that reason i think i'd have bought a BB10 tablet - with amazon physical keyboard form factor- for the ease of use of shortcuts and instant actions. (i repeat myself but i couldn't do it without these features now).

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:07 AM
    Not once this past week.

Now, I have had to use my PC - every day for about 9 hours a day. Revit and AutoCAD don't run on a phone.

Spoiler alert - I don't use a laptop.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:12 AM
    Other than swapping leaks I have not used my laptop for weeks.... my Z and Q handle much of what I need to get done

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 powered by 10.2.0.1761
    09-29-13 10:14 AM
    i use my laptop and desktops daily ... my phones are good on the move for mobile email etc (and even to hotspot my laptop at times) but nothing can replace my laptop .... about 6 months ago I went for a month or so without using my laptop and to be honest the productivity on my laptop was just sooooo much quicker and more accurate when i turned it back on. A mouse and keyboard kills a touchscreen hands down IMO (which, as a side point, is why i just cant understand BB getting rid of the trackpad on BB10) .... A tablet would need to have a slide out keyboard, an Ethernet port, serial port and proper usb ports to allow a mouse etc to be plugged in to compete in my mind .... wireless just dosn't cut it for data transfer speed and connection stability/reliability ... in my job which involves critical software and firmware updating of machines Ethernet and rs-232 serial (my laptop has a native serial port as usb to serial converters are too unreliable) is essential .... I love my BB's as much as the next person on here but if im honest about it they are toys compared to my laptop
    09-29-13 10:26 AM
    Had to bring home some design work this weekend so as I was using my laptop anyway decided to download the .1761 leak.

Other than that - I don't use my laptop that much anymore. My PlayBook and my Z10 have pretty much replaced it for everything except my design work.

My husband uses it a lot - but then the poor guy only has a note.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-29-13 10:30 AM
    I use my laptop everyday. All though last week I had a paper due and was at a friends house watching a movie, and because I was bored during the flick I decided to use docs to go to type the rough draft of my paper, emailed it to myself and edited it on office when I got home.
    Worked great.
    I told my peers in class and they all were dumbfounded by the lack of a good word processor on there phones.
    Droid and iphones galore in my class.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-29-13 10:30 AM
    I use my laptop everyday. All though last week I had a paper due and was at a friends house watching a movie, and because I was bored during the flick I decided to use docs to go to type the rough draft of my paper, emailed it to myself and edited it on office when I got home.
    Worked great.
    I told my peers in class and they all were dumbfounded by the lack of a good word document app on there phones.
    Droid and iphones galore in my class.

OT: Do not download the .1761 leak if you rely on Docs To Go on your phone. It's not working in this build. I can go for maybe a couple of weeks without it. Hope the official 10.2 fixes it and is out soon!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the info but I don't do leaks, i am tempted with 10.2 cause it looks amazing. My phone works really great as is right now. I don't mind waiting for the official.... however if for some unforseen reason the official never comes I would install a leak.

Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-29-13 10:37 AM
65 123