I'm getting BB soon and was wondering how many applications / programs do you have and if you ever had problems of almost running out of space?

I have a Treo 700p and have heard about application lanuchers that can run programs installed on an external memory card. I guess this does not exists on the BB's???

I'm a bit surprised that BB's are not able to launch programs from the memory stick... Unless most programs are so small that BB users have not problems with memory etc...
    07-15-08 02:34 PM
    I've never run out of space and I have a few Games, and a few useful apps that I actually use on a daily basis along with a couple of themes.
    I did the memory tutorial and I'm good to go with storage and speed and what not.
    At the moment I have 23MB free
    07-15-08 02:38 PM
    I have as few as possible. Down to 17mb free. It would be nice if the OS could launch apps from the media card. Life would be so much nicer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:42 PM
    After I did the memory procedure from Stoner, I'm able to have -
    Beejive IM
    WeatherBug
    E-Mobile today
    BBsmart Shortcuts
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    Viigo Tango
    GetitBack
    BerryAnnoying
    2 extra themes
    several web shortcuts

And maintain 23-24 mb free file.
    07-15-08 02:43 PM
    Did a combination of John Clark and Stoner's optimization

Ascendo Fitness
    Atomichelix Notify
    BBSmart Shortcuts
    Empower
    Free Range
    Google Maps
    Ka-Glom
    Lingo
    Nav4All
    Soft Reset
    TellME
    WeatherEye
    xPlayer
    Yahoo! Messenger

One theme, NY Times, Google and Wikipedia launchers

Currently at 30.31mb OS 4.2.2.194
    07-15-08 02:53 PM
    I have 6 apps, 3 games and 5 themes loaded on my berry. I maintain 21 to 22 mb free.
    07-15-08 02:56 PM
    Thanks... Very surprised no one has created a program that allows launching applications from a memoy stick... This is all over the place on the Palm Treo phones!
    07-15-08 02:57 PM
    You'll find that Blackberry's and Treo's are soooo different in sooo many ways. I've had a BB for a lot less time than I owned my Treo, and to me, there's just no comparison. I will say that syncing and adding contacts and apps might take a little longer and include a few more steps on a BB, but the day to day use, and build quality of Blackberry devices far outweigh the pros that are in the Palm devices.
    07-15-08 03:02 PM
    I have a couple of games plus SplashID and still have 21.4mb free. I have not done any memory optimization except deleting the 2mb preloaded video. SplashID only uses about 250kb but the games are memory hogs at 1-1.5mb. I guess it depends a bit on what apps you want/need. I agree that it would be nice to be able to launch apps from the sd card.
    07-15-08 03:04 PM
    I have 8 apps, 1 game, 1 theme, maintaining 26-28MB free but you have to clean up the memory.

Windows live messenger
    Instamapper
    Soft reset
    Facebook
    Opera mini
    Viigo
    Pacman
    Blackberry wallet
    Crackberry theme
    A couple web launchers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 03:12 PM
    44 apps (includes 4 games) and 2 themes. Memory is at 22Mb's (after a reboot) and at the end of day goes to about 16-18MB's. Yes I have to update my sig.
    07-15-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD