The additional active frames the increased battery consumption

Kah
    06-03-13 11:24 AM
    I have OS 10.1.0.2354 but I am a heavy user my phone dies and needs to be plugged in by noon most days. So active frames for me will only drain it faster. As for what I am using i havent really loaded any apps other then a few off of BlackBerry World. nothing side loaded let.
    I see.

If your screen is open most of the time since you are a heavy user, then active frames will drain battery cause typically they only updates when the screen is open (thus my theory why it tends to lag a bit with 10.1 when we are on the active frames screen)

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:25 AM
    Active frames do not significantly impact battery life. Prove to me that it does.

Battery Guru had already proved to me that it doesn't, with any combination of active frames open.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-03-13 12:03 PM
    Active frames do not significantly impact battery life. Prove to me that it does.

Battery Guru had already proved to me that it doesn't, with any combination of active frames open.

Posted via CB10
    That is simply not true. AF do drain more power, and depending on the apps you have open, it will drain noticiable amount of power.

For example - if you have browser open, but haven't navigated anywhere, then it won't be draining power. If you have BBM open, it also won't because it runs in the background anyway.

BUT, if you have Maps open, it will definitely drain your battery in a couple of hours. The phone also gets hot at the left side with continuous GPS use.

Furthermore, depending on how the app is coded, it can also drain your battery faster.
    06-03-13 02:03 PM
    As I said before, obviously apps with gps will consume power.

But still I disagree. In my previous post I said AFs do not "significantly" affect battery life. This still stands true for any combination of apps I leave open except for some exceptions like maps or other gps apps, for example, like I stated previously. Having 6 AFs open, my standby drain goes from -0.0W to -0.1W according to battery guru. Furthermore, the difference is actually less, because battery guru in active frame rounds -0.04W to -0.0W, and -0.06W to -0.1W.

As I said, AFs do use more power, but it is insignificant. It has an insignificant effect on long term battery life.

Think of it like the domain of a simple function: 1/x has domain all real numbers except x=0. Similarly, we can pretty much leave any app open except for a select few like maps, where x=0. The user has to obviously have some common sense.. in my reality, if one can't figure out the domain of AFs to leave open, then too bad for him or her. It's not that complicated.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 02:33 PM
    As I said before, obviously apps with gps will consume power.

But still I disagree. In my previous post I said AFs do not "significantly" affect battery life. This still stands true for any combination of apps I leave open except for some exceptions like maps or other gps apps, for example, like I stated previously. Having 6 AFs open, my standby drain goes from -0.0W to -0.1W according to battery guru. Furthermore, the difference is actually less, because battery guru in active frame rounds -0.04W to -0.0W, and -0.06W to -0.1W.

As I said, AFs do use more power, but it is insignificant. It has an insignificant effect on long term battery life.

Think of it like the domain of a simple function: 1/x has domain all real numbers except x=0. Similarly, we can pretty much leave any app open except for a select few like maps, where x=0. The user has to obviously have some common sense.. in my reality, if one can't figure out the domain of AFs to leave open, then too bad for him or her. It's not that complicated.

Posted via CB10
    There is a slight flaw in your reasoning. Apps don't have to be draining power continuously.

Either way, I did agree that depending on the apps in question, the answer to this changes.
    06-03-13 02:45 PM
    There is a slight flaw in your reasoning. Apps don't have to be draining power continuously.

Either way, I did agree that depending on the apps in question, the answer to this changes.
    I don't understand what you mean in your first paragraph.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 02:49 PM
    I am one to close an app after using or checking it.
    So.......always 0.

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    06-03-13 02:50 PM
    depends if im using an app and will be going back to it stays framed.usually 4-6 open if its one of those days.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 06-03-13 at 03:35 PM.
    06-03-13 03:12 PM
    Bebuzz and Wallpaper Changer HD (with Ztheme)
    Attachment 167638 that's how I catch random reboots when my superbar goes haywire because the two active frames are gone.
    Which app is that your running displaying the weather at the top

Edit... im guessing it's wallpaper changer after taking a second look at it
    Kah
    06-03-13 09:45 PM
    I always have three open, Music, Battery Guru and BeBuzz Pro

How many active frames so you leave open-img_00000537.png
    SWAGGY!!!

Posted By Doofenschrmitz
    06-04-13 12:28 AM
    The hub sometimes destroys me leaving messenger apps open.I love this OS.
    06-04-13 08:33 AM
    BeBuzz and Heart Seed for led's and multiple alarms. Weather for weather.
    06-06-13 08:53 PM
63 123