Much like fandom of Beta/Seag/WebOS.... the lists goes on.
    03-24-16 06:02 PM
    My company has about 1,000 employees. There's 5 Blackberry users.
    03-24-16 06:47 PM
    I am active, however, my Z10 is stuck and cannot update it. Lost my BB ID, and keeps asking for my password which is linked to my old email address. So I only use it for viewing YT and web browsing. Wish I can turn it on again.
    03-25-16 02:50 AM
    I am active, however, my Z10 is stuck and cannot update it. Lost my BB ID, and keeps asking for my password which is linked to my old email address. So I only use it for viewing YT and web browsing. Wish I can turn it on again.
    Why not do a security wipe and create a whole new BlackBerry ID?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 03:30 AM
    Why not do a security wipe and create a whole new BlackBerry ID?

Posted via CB10
    That won't work with the new theft protection. Very important to know your BBID and have it linked to an email that you will always have access to.
    03-25-16 05:49 AM
    That's pretty sad.. but I believe BlackBerry can bounce back. They just need the right initiatives. Now that BlackBerry made the Priv, I'm sure they must now have access to Google play services to which they can implement into BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Completely wrong.
    03-25-16 01:26 PM
    That won't work with the new theft protection. Very important to know your BBID and have it linked to an email that you will always have access to.
    I read another post where a guy had a similar problem and one member suggested to either install the OS again or use some sort of auto loader. I'm not too sure what he was saying but all I know that it can be fixed.
    03-25-16 01:52 PM
    I read another post where a guy had a similar problem and one member suggested to either install the OS again or use some sort of auto loader. I'm not too sure what he was saying but all I know that it can be fixed.

With the new Anti-Theft protection that was added last year....

Once a BlackBerry has a BBID associated with it, only that ID and password can be used to unregister the Anti-Theft Protection (via the device or logging onto the website).

If you do a Wipe, it should now ask for your BBID and Password and thus that will unlock the theft protection. But if you do the ten wrong passwords and a forced wipe, or if you do an Autoloader... it won't accept a new BBID.

It is a GREAT new feature to protect people from thieves and is enabled by default. But not so great if you forget your password, lost access to your email account that you associated with BBID (so you can reset your password), or have stolen a BlackBerry.
    03-25-16 02:38 PM
    With the new Anti-Theft protection that was added last year....

Once a BlackBerry has a BBID associated with it, only that ID and password can be used to unregister the Anti-Theft Protection (via the device or logging onto the website).

If you do a Wipe, it should now ask for your BBID and Password and thus that will unlock the theft protection. But if you do the ten wrong passwords and a forced wipe, or if you do an Autoloader... it won't accept a new BBID.

It is a GREAT new feature to protect people from thieves and is enabled by default. But not so great if you forget your password, lost access to your email account that you associated with BBID (so you can reset your password), or have stolen a BlackBerry.
    Huh... It's a great feature but I find it as annoying as Apple's iCloud lock. It's impossible to get around it, even if the device is yours.
    03-25-16 02:43 PM
    Huh... It's a great feature but I find it as annoying as Apple's iCloud lock. It's impossible to get around it, even if the device is yours.
    I went through this 3 x recently and if you have BB 10.3.2.x on your phone, this feature is enabled and must be disabled PRIOR to doing a security wipe.

In order to really reset the phone to factory settings, i.e. you can create a new BBID when going through setup or use an existing one, you must first go to SETTINGS > BLACKBERRY PROTECT and TURN OFF (move the slider to the left if it's not already) BB Protect. I believe you will be prompted for the password you used with the email address you used when the phone was new. You cannot use any other password or email address or this will NOT work. Even if you try to reset your password this will not work, you MUST use the ORIGINAL BBID (email address) and ORIGINAL password. Then once you have done this, you can go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe. If prompted for your BBID and password, again, you MUST use the ORIGINAL email and password, even if the email address no longer exists.

Using the wrong password 10x will only prevent you from trying again for 15 minutes but you'll run into the same problem. You should also go to protect.blackberry.com and unregister your device (make sure it's the same PIN and phone) from there.

Hope that helps. The most important thing, I cannot stress this enough, is to disable BB Protect PRIOR to starting the Security Wipe. If you do that, then you should be golden.
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-25-16 05:33 PM
    Being here is the USA and involved in the auto industry, I can't remember the last time I have seen one of my clients using a Blackberry.

The majority use Android and IOS based devices with Good services. I still see some government folks using Blackberry devices and most of those are legacy holds and the newer classics.

It's really sad because back in the day when I had my Blackberry device with my @blackberry.net email address, meant you where a professional.

I am afraid those days are gone forever and it's very sad in a way. Now all you see are iPhones and Galaxy devices everywhere and even kids have them at an early age. Nothing really stands out anymore, sad but very true.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-25-16 05:58 PM
    You sir is what they need. Possibility on possibility and never ending optimism.

As for Google services, why not just use android. It's build for it .

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 01:52 AM
    You sir is what they need. Possibility on possibility and never ending optimism.

As for Google services, why not just use android. It's build for it .

Posted via CB10
    That's the thing, I don't want an android device lol.. but it doesn't really matter to me as long as android 4.3 version apps are supported by Google because they run perfectly on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:14 AM
    Being here is the USA and involved in the auto industry, I can't remember the last time I have seen one of my clients using a Blackberry.

The majority use Android and IOS based devices with Good services. I still see some government folks using Blackberry devices and most of those are legacy holds and the newer classics.

It's really sad because back in the day when I had my Blackberry device with my @blackberry.net email address, meant you where a professional.

I am afraid those days are gone forever and it's very sad in a way. Now all you see are iPhones and Galaxy devices everywhere and even kids have them at an early age. Nothing really stands out anymore, sad but very true.
    True.. that's why I'm raising my daughter with my BlackBerry devices and she loves pressing the keys more than touch screen and she's only 1!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:15 AM
    Debunked.

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...sword-1062831/
    03-26-16 03:18 AM
    That's not the post I was talking about but thanks for looking!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 03:54 AM
    Here in Monaco, i still seeing old school bolds 9900, some passports and z10 too, and two q10 and one classic, i guess thats the order by best sellers phones bb has... (q10 not really included in that order)

People doesnt really want to switch to androids or iphones... but talking with one of them, he got the priv and is really happy about it... maybe that will be the way everyone goes after bb10...
    03-26-16 03:05 PM
    Being in Toronto I see Passports and Classics all the time. But Toronto has always been a Mecca for Blackberry.
    03-26-16 03:52 PM
    According to the CrackBerry crowd here ZERO.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 06:22 PM
    According to the CrackBerry crowd here ZERO.

Posted via CB10
    +1000

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 11:52 PM
    I brag about my BlackBerry every chance I get.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 01:04 AM
46 12