Man...my trackball has been giving me some problems..it will not scroll up. It happens intermittently, so I called my service provider and asked how long was the warranty period. They told me three months. I was so excited when I got my BB that I did not even hear or read that I only had three months. I am not up on warranties in other countries.

How long is your warranty?

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Ottojr; 03-22-08 at 03:46 PM.
    03-22-08 03:43 PM
    First off, try this - while pressing down/in on trackball then roll it in the direction it won't go. try a few times, it usually clears it up.
    My BB was a refurb, so I got 30 days.
    03-22-08 03:47 PM
    I got a year warranty.
    I had the same trackball issue and got BB replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 04:44 PM
    I think I got a year.
    03-22-08 05:08 PM
    Mine is one year. I bought my 8820 Sept 25th and I have not had one problem so far.

03-22-08 05:12 PM
    One year for me. My curve is still within the 30 days. Try calling RIM to get a warranty replacement.

03-22-08 05:25 PM
    one year warranty for mine.
    03-22-08 05:35 PM
    In Australia, manufacturers are only obliged to warrant the phone for twelve months, despite the fact that service plans are almost always 24 months...

Some service providers offer an "extended" warranty to cover their customers for a further 12 months (ie. Bringing your warranty to a total of 24 months), though there is always a fee of about $AU40-50 (about $US35-45) involved.

From my first-hand experience, cell (mobile) phones in Australia rarely last past the 12-month mark, so it's always best to bite the bullet and get the extended warranty...

At the time of writing, Optus, Telstra and 3 all offer extended warranties, however with the latter two it's currenty only at their company-owned stores (ie. Not privately-owned stores - franchises), and in many cases you will have to specifically ask for it.

Some "re-sellers" (companies that sell airtime on someone else's network) may offer extended warranties, but I rarely deal with them, so I can't comment on this...

03-22-08 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD