Dear CrackBerry users,

I have been the proud user of a Q10, for a over an year now, and I must say that I am only partially satisfied with the device. My un-satisfaction comes primarily from BBs still existing stability issues.

To wrap-up some the issues I have had in 2014 ALONE (four and a half month now):

The year started with the 10.2.1 release which was much expected, but which contained a very nasty bug related to Activesync. BB gave no warning whatsoever, and I had to spend half a day trying to downgrade. Of course I couldn't use my back-ups and lost everything. Furthermore, I had to wait over 3 weeks to get a new update...

After the new update came, of course I had to have problems with the BlackBerry Link, which despite in existence for over a 1 year now, has yet to become a stable piece of software. Another half a day issue.

Last week for no reason (it happened several times before) my BB decided that it needs to index some PIM stuff, and decided to use over 50% of CPU for 2 days, killing a battery in 6hrs. I have two batteries, but given that I was traveling abroad and was in the mountains with no Wifi, re-installing all my accounts was not really an option.

Yesterday, my BB decided that whatsapp needs over 30% of the CPU constantly. Re-installed the app and fixed the problem, but still an inconvenience.

I also have an iPhone that I use in parallel. I must say that despite not having any bells and whistles, it is a rock-solid platform that simply works.
    I look forward in hearing your opinions, and expectations on this topic.

Many thanks in advance
    04-20-14 06:11 AM
    I have no stability issues on my Q10 at all. I did on my Z10.
    The OS is maturing nicely.
    Leaks, if unofficial, are inherently likely to have stability issues.
    04-20-14 06:20 AM
    Looking forward into 10.3.
    I'm using Z30 and also have various bugs and inconveniences, but stability improved greatly after recent 10.2.1 update.

Most annoying bugs:

GPS lock-up - it remembers last location and doesn't show current location - solved by restart.
    Screen rotation lock-up - after playing landscape game any other application turns to landscape with no sense to actual orientation - solved by restart.
    Picture viewer crashes - try play video file when you open it from "Pictures" any camera related crashes or hang-up - solved by restart.

Less relevant:
    Slow camera - on devices with similar hardware camera acts faster (focusing and capture) so I can conclude that is software implementation issue.
    Android apps crashes - for example "Candy Crush Saga" is android app which worked flawlessly before recent update (of app itself) now it crashes on start up.

BBM not working on cellular data connection but working on WiFi - MUST be solved. BBM for Android is working on the same network but not working on BB10 - WTF?

Otherwise it is a great phone. Great look and feel, battery life, very responsive, high quality calls and sound, camera quality is good (as for smartphone), one of the best keyboard and internet browser. Very reliable and fast email and other messaging - very important for me.
    Last edited by sergey_IL; 04-20-14 at 06:36 AM.
    04-20-14 06:22 AM
    I did have some issues prior to 10.2.1, but they are gone. I had one crash (restart) since 10.2.1, and it was caused by bug in camera (can't reproduce it). Nothing ever takes too much CPU, and I monitor it closely.
    Link works without a glitch, even yesterday I accessed my PC from home (PC is in my dorm), and it worked perfectly. Backups, image sync, all works well (I have Windows 8.1)

Let's not forget Android had huge issues with play services, where it was draining battery like crazy.

Every platform had its downsides, BB is just very new platform
    04-20-14 06:39 AM
    My Z10 and Z30 have been quite stable, as have the Q5 and the Q10 in our family. My son's S4 less so, as it has lost Google Services ( or something like that) a few times. My conclusion is that all S4s are unstable.

Sorry to be facetious OP. But I see so many of these posts. Not all iPhones are rock solid, not all Android devices are rock solid, and not all BlackBerry are rock solid. Generalizing based on one's own experience doesn't work. I'm sorry your phone isn't working. Mine works great. And I won't for one moment suggest that all BlackBerry phones work like mine.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy and daithiD like this.
    04-20-14 06:42 AM
    All I'll say is I have not had these issues on my Z30. It has been quite stable.
    Gatmyer likes this.
    04-20-14 07:06 AM
    I am with you, my PIM services also like to lock in a sync loop and drain my battery real fast. The phone heats up and usually, the number of contacts in the Contacts app doubles.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:14 AM
    Quite satisfied with Z30. Primarily I am using BB because of its email and keyboard. I am surprised why auto Bcc option is not being added inspite of several requests right from OS 10. Native BB devices OS 7.1 were having this option.
    04-20-14 07:34 AM
    Very satisfied with my z30. Very stable. Perhaps an android app you are using is causing some issues, especially battery drain. Examine your device monitor and see where your juice is going. Not necessarily BlackBerry or your device at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:54 AM
    I am with you, my PIM services also like to lock in a sync loop and drain my battery real fast. The phone heats up and usually, the number of contacts in the Contacts app doubles.

Posted via CB10
    Strangely, I had this happen yesterday except for the contacts app. Not sure what caused it. Completely out of the blue
    04-20-14 08:02 AM
    Dear CrackBerry users,

I also have an iPhone that I use in parallel. I must say that despite not having any bells and whistles, it is a rock-solid platform that simply works.
    I look forward in hearing your opinions, and expectations on this topic.
    Got my Z10 when it came out and I liked it from the beginning. There are some things that still need to be improved but I am quite satisfied. I have used iPhones and Androids as primary phones before (Z10 is my first private BlackBerry (ok had a private PlayBook (liked it) and company BBOS 4 to 7 devices (never impressed me)) but if I would need to buy a new phone today, it would would be a Z30.

Things that need improvement IMHO are:
    - Function to clean-up Android temporary files
    - Restore of selected programs or content (from BlackBerry Link)
    - Introduction of Bluetooth LE support in Android
    - OpenVPN support
    - Snap or similar app built-in or at least available from market

I had a look into 10.3 and it looks very promising from the UI perspective.

I only agree partially to your comparison with iOS. iOS was stable before they introduced v7 but the battery lifetime now really sucks. I only get 50% to 70% of lifetime now.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 09:27 AM
    I have used several BBs before switching to BB OS 10, and I must say that all of them were more stable, but of course missing many features that current smartphones have.

If not all issues can be solved, at least I hope that BlackBerry and their devices will become more transparent as far as what is happening. Just telling me that CPU is used 70% by PIM is not helpful...
    04-20-14 02:08 PM
    Strangely, I had this happen yesterday except for the contacts app. Not sure what caused it. Completely out of the blue
    Anybody have a solution reg. this problem (excluding deleting all accounts and re-installing them)?
    04-20-14 02:09 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM SORRY, !!!! STABLE?
    blackberry 10.1 was stable, we don't have stability issues here , apple has lots, ei app crashes frequently, bugs etc we don't get those here ok

Sent From my brand new Q10
    04-20-14 02:25 PM
    No kidding!! I have had a Z10 since April 2013. Contacts don't even work correctly. Simply entering a phone number in the format of (xxx) xxx-xxxx renders it intermittently available to associate contact, speed dial or caller ID info. Contacts frequently have the same number associated in more than one format. What's up with those stupid HUGE speed dial squares? This is S-I-M-P-L-E stuff and not only did you get it wrong initially; you STILL can't get it right.

What the hell are you people doing? As a long time OS of choice by professionals, you certainly are operating like a group of undisciplined, undedicated amatures.

Tombstone - Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn - WWW.CVMAFLORIDA.ORG
    04-20-14 02:29 PM
    I don't know. For me that was back in December. I have been stable ever since. I switched to a beat up old Z10 from a Q10 at the beginning of the year and it is the same story. Even Link has not given me any major issues since the last major update. Everything is working fine on my end. I've also noticed that with BB10 you can usually wait out a native app glitch and it will fix itself. The outcome is usually better than restarting it. Also, and I hope you don't do this often, don't use the battery pull to restart your phone. It could corrupt application data or even OS data. Lastly, I noticed that those late OS releases from US carriers have not been fun. Most of the unstable OS seem to be coming from those. The rest of the issues are mostly from data corruption. I don't know what I do differently than others but I already have a stable OS and I've had it for a while now on both a new Q10 and a used Z10. Actually Q10 is running 10.3. It isn't a daily driver at the moment, but haven't had problems running early builds of 10.2.1 and official builds which I have on my Z10.
    04-20-14 02:32 PM
    Very satisfied with my z30. Very stable. Perhaps an android app you are using is causing some issues, especially battery drain. Examine your device monitor and see where your juice is going. Not necessarily BlackBerry or your device at all.

Posted via CB10
    I performed a wipe specifically not to leave any Android remains. Boom, PIM services blazing, contacts doubling/renaming/going crazy, phone hot and battery drained in fought hours. Happens every week, randomly.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 03:05 PM
    Never. No such thing as a stable operating system.

There will always be problems. If it's not a problem for you, then it's a problem for others.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 03:15 PM
    Never. No such thing as a stable operating system.

There will always be problems. If it's not a problem for you, then it's a problem for others.

Posted via CB10
    That too...
    04-20-14 07:14 PM
    Stable? I have zero stability issues with 10.2

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    04-20-14 07:21 PM
    I performed a wipe specifically not to leave any Android remains. Boom, PIM services blazing, contacts doubling/renaming/going crazy, phone hot and battery drained in fought hours. Happens every week, randomly.

Posted via CB10
    Started having the problem again today. Phone hot, PIM at 50%, 30% battery in 2 hours.... just unbelievable... why can't BlackBerry just get the messaging part right, and many people will be happy...

I guess I have to do a wipe soon... any other ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 04:18 AM
    Started having the problem again today. Phone hot, PIM at 50%, 30% battery in 2 hours.... just unbelievable... why can't BlackBerry just get the messaging part right, and many people will be happy...

I guess I have to do a wipe soon... any other ideas?

Posted via CB10
    This happen to me EVERY TIME I change battery (or battery pull). For around 30 mins. PIM will drain around 20% of battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 04:41 AM
    This happen to me EVERY TIME I change battery (or battery pull). For around 30 mins. PIM will drain around 20% of battery.

Posted via CB10
    This time now battery pull, no battery change... started for no reason whatsoever... Unbelievable that BlackBerry doesn't have this under control.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 05:32 AM
    This time now battery pull, no battery change... started for no reason whatsoever... Unbelievable that BlackBerry doesn't have this under control.

Posted via CB10
    I still think this is related somehow with the boot time never change issue.
    I just keep hoping that the next (and next) update will resolve this issue. Meanwhile I just keep the phone charged and hope it never need to reboot

Sent from my Amazon Otter using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 05:47 AM
    The most annoying unstability with my z10 is battery calibration. I have tried many way to calibrate but still won't do..

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 05:50 AM
50 12