Okay so I have BB 9900 and when I use my wifi at home the moment I turn on wifi it used to connect to BIS in like few seconds and from today I'm facing this weird problem that is my wifi does connect to BIS but takes about a minute but how ever as if it configures something each times, and I did a battery pull and removed service book for wifi but still its taking its time as if its connecting for the very first time but I got a benifit here is that if I turn on wifi with radio off it still connects BIS wonderfully :P and everything works perfectly since everytime I turn off phone it doesn't need to regisger BB service over and over again maybe that's why but please let me know if that issue I wrote above is normal

Thank You
    03-16-12 05:53 AM
    mine connectes automaticlly within seconds. Same with every OS I have run.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-16-12 06:33 AM
    Have you reset your wireless router? Remove the wireless connection on your BB and reestablish it?
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-16-12 07:02 AM
    Have you reset your wireless router? Remove the wireless connection on your BB and reestablish it?

Yes I did that too, forget to mention and just like a reply above by someone mine used to connect like within a blink of an eye... And if my phone is offline and I just turn on wifi it connects to BIS like there's no tomorrow! The very second its connected just it shouldn't take so long as that or is it possible it detects network speed if its better ? And would connect and if slower then maybe won't ? I don't know but I'm confused and I asked my brother he did messed routers antenna and after that I'm facing this
    03-16-12 07:42 AM
    mine connectes automaticlly within seconds. Same with every OS I have run.
    Mine used to TOO just this isn't anything bad but quite annoying to wait like will ir or won't connect
    03-16-12 07:43 AM
    Maybe you can also try to remove your network hotspot and re-add it and do a reboot if possible.
    Not sure if it helps though but worth a try? Mine connects right away to WIFI hotspot when in range.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-16-12 07:54 AM
    Maybe you can also try to remove your network hotspot and re-add it and do a reboot if possible.
    Not sure if it helps though but worth a try? Mine connects right away to WIFI hotspot when in range.
    I did that tho, and i have wipe and reinstalled the OS as well and the problem still exists, i am sure its caused by the wifi router since my brother messed it a bit...
    It connects within 30 seconds to 1 min and if i connect only through wifi with radio, then BINGO! in a second, I'm confused it used to be so quick...
    but thanks all of you for writing back
    03-16-12 11:21 AM
    Since upgrading from the 9650 to the 9930 I am having the same or a very similar issue. In both my house and office, the WiFi signal is weaker than it was on the 9650. So much so there are many times I can't get even get a signal or a reliable one. The office is so bad connecting via WiFi that it is almost non-existent. While that's as annoying as can be, I have to turn off WiFi on the device in order to connect to the internet because if I have WiFi enabled and can not get a signal, the phone will not switch over and make a connection via Sprint's service. Sometimes, even after turning the WiFi off to connect via Sprint, I have to reboot the phone in order to do so.

If I place the 9650 and 9930 side by side in each location the WiFi signal indicators show a blaring difference in signal reception. Hoping to find a remedy for this and especially having to turn off WiFi in order to get to websites without constant error messages that the server is not available.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-16-12 12:39 PM
    Since upgrading from the 9650 to the 9930 I am having the same or a very similar issue. In both my house and office, the WiFi signal is weaker than it was on the 9650. So much so there are many times I can't get even get a signal or a reliable one. The office is so bad connecting via WiFi that it is almost non-existent. While that's as annoying as can be, I have to turn off WiFi on the device in order to connect to the internet because if I have WiFi enabled and can not get a signal, the phone will not switch over and make a connection via Sprint's service. Sometimes, even after turning the WiFi off to connect via Sprint, I have to reboot the phone in order to do so.

If I place the 9650 and 9930 side by side in each location the WiFi signal indicators show a blaring difference in signal reception. Hoping to find a remedy for this and especially having to turn off WiFi in order to get to websites without constant error messages that the server is not available.
    Well I'm not having that issue, but what I'm facing is that, I do connect over wifi when ever within the range but "BIS" would connect within a minute, so it takes minumium a minute around in order to connect BIS once the phone has been connected to wifi
    But i did all i could and i think i should let the readers know that I personally believe its cause of the ISP and the provider you register BB Service on cause i have 3 different Telecom's sim cards and in other previous two they were pretty quick and on this it takes a bit time so i will post as soon as i change sim and see if there it connects bit early or so
    Thanks all of you
    NellieRose likes this.
    03-16-12 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD