Title says it all. My battery will be at 90% after one hour. The people at Sprint says that is normal. 3 weeks ago I could go 14 hours with WiFi on and with normal use be at 80% at the end of 14 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 11:16 AM
    Mine lasts from 5am to at least 10pm. That's with wifi and bt on, running bbweather and slacker most days. Along with the phone text and browsing. Check and see if there are any unwanted apps running. Other then that all I can think of is after 6-9 months we are starting to see the battery life expectancy on these go to h*"l

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks Bow. They checked the battery and told me it was ok, that I needed to see how long it would last with WiFI OFF (this was last week). I did that, used it very little, would turn it on for 5-10 minutes at a time, probably 30 mins TOTAL each day.

My battery life would go down to 50-60% easily every night.

I took it in today and the rep behind the counter told me that if I was at 90% after being on for 4 hours than that was actually good. With the BB having continuous data streams it was only good for 4.8 hours of talk.

Friends at work have the same phone, one guy tells me he charges his battery once every 4 days, and he uses it a lot (no WiFI though). Others tell me they have no battery problems at all, using Wi and BT (like Bow40 does).

When I told him that he told me that he did not know how that was possible (he then threw up the 4.8 hour of talk time number).

Not sure which app could be draining it though. I use BBWeather as well, perhaps I should change the update time to once an hour rather then the default every 15 minutes...........
    08-08-09 11:59 AM
    My BlackBerry is on every day from 5:30am till 10:30pm (17 hours) with WiFi on along with WeatherBug Elite and at the end of the day I am at 80% or above.

Mike
    08-09-09 07:46 PM
    My phone is always on. I charge it at night, while on. From 8am til 11pm I have wifi on, bt on, LOTS of emails, texts, etc. at the end of the day I'm usually at 60% or above. What I have noticed is, phone calls and 2-ways seem to be the real drain on the battery. I can text/data all day, hardly see a drop. Make one 30 min phone call, and I see a drop right then.

I charge every night, and have been pretty happy with the batteries life, keeping my car charger handy for the days I have lots of calls to make.
    I've also realized that sometimes that percentage thing is deceptive, it'll get down to 20% and still run quite a while.
    08-09-09 10:21 PM
    Thanks for the responces all. I've cut down the BBWeather app to checking once an hour, rather then every 15 minutes. Hoping that helps
    08-10-09 05:31 AM
    I wifi at work using BB Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo IM and AIM (some days) plus G-Mail also. I can go all day from 7AM until well past 10PM on a full charge and that's with phone calls and wifi using the chat programs. The more I talk on the phone, the faster my battery dies.
    08-10-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD