Got my Z10 on launch day, extremely happy with the device. Only downside is battery life. If I unplug at 8am, I will be dead by around 2ish in the afternoon with moderate use. I already went through about 6 charging cycles so I think my battery is broken in. Thoughts? How long does your battery last for?
    02-09-13 01:35 PM
    That doesn't sound like mine. I would put mine on par with most modern smartphones.

How do you define "moderate use"?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 01:46 PM
    Z10 has a battery usage screen in settings? That'd be interesting to see and guess what consumes the battery the most
    02-09-13 01:50 PM
    02-09-13 01:53 PM
    Turn off LTE, my friend gets 11 hours+ with HSPA.
    02-09-13 01:54 PM
    Nice tips but one thing I will never do is dim the brightness. Doesn't make sense to buy an expensive phone and then make it look dark. At least can replace the batteries in this unlike some of the popular ones.
    OrangeAstronaut likes this.
    02-09-13 01:56 PM
    Have charged mine twice and have gotten 22 hours the first time and 34 hours the second. I would say that I am a low to moderate users, doing mostly Web browsing and playing anger birds.
    02-09-13 02:05 PM
    Moderate use, the phone will be used for 3 hours out of the 6 its on. Well maybe this could be it, I'm with Telus in Calgary Alberta. The lte to be blunt is poor. If I enter a medium sized building or go to the basement of my home I will lose lte and go to H+. I read somewhere poor signal will make the battery die faster. So will my phone constantly trying to find lte what's killing it? I'm usually in a lecture hall at the University so maybe that's why.

02-09-13 02:14 PM
    Nice tips but one thing I will never do is dim the brightness. Doesn't make sense to buy an expensive phone and then make it look dark. At least can replace the batteries in this unlike some of the popular ones.
    mine is on the lowest brightness and i can see it perfectly fine
    02-09-13 02:28 PM
    mine is on the lowest brightness and i can see it perfectly fine
    Yes I am sure you can. I do the same on my android when travelling as battery isn't replaceable. Can see but the screen is no longer gorgeous. So when there is an option to replace, would prefer to carry spares than compromise with phone experience.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 04:26 PM
    I get about 17 hours. for 8 of those hours music is playing constantly with browsing, emails, calls and messages throughout. all on LTE - no wifi at work. when I get home around 6ish the battery is around 40%. screen brightness is around 25% and timeout is 1 min.
    02-09-13 04:55 PM
    What carrier are you with? Do you always have full bars?
    02-09-13 11:24 PM
    I've been getting about 12-14 hours. The first day or two, it was not good at all but seems to have gotten better. I think the battery needs a few charging cycles to function properly.

02-09-13 11:55 PM
    Moderate use, the phone will be used for 3 hours out of the 6 its on. Well maybe this could be it, I'm with Telus in Calgary Alberta. The lte to be blunt is poor. If I enter a medium sized building or go to the basement of my home I will lose lte and go to H+. I read somewhere poor signal will make the battery die faster. So will my phone constantly trying to find lte what's killing it? I'm usually in a lecture hall at the University so maybe that's why.

Absolutely.

Turn off LTE and switch to HSPA/HSPA+ and your battery will last longer.
    02-10-13 02:17 AM
    Thanks for your responses. I just feel like it's sad that I have to lose functionality for better battery life

02-10-13 12:23 PM
    That's all phones my friend. It's like if you leave wifi on without connection then it's goodbye battery
    02-10-13 12:33 PM
    I turned off lte also. It's not worth the sacrifice in battery life.

The lte coverage in my home area is spotty. It makes the device super thirsty.

02-10-13 12:45 PM
    I heard if you're getting really bad battery life and you're using exchange. That might be the issue. Try switching to IMAP.

Someone can test it out if it really does kill battery like crazy.
    02-10-13 01:00 PM
    I've had my Z10 about a week now and I'm finding it pretty good on battery life, I get about a day and a half out of it, and I'd say I'm an average user

02-10-13 01:44 PM
    Can't you just plug it into a computer, your car charger or the wall? Are you people away from electricity that long?
    For most people, I really don't see what difference it makes.
    02-10-13 05:54 PM
    Can't you just plug it into a computer, your car charger or the wall? Are you people away from electricity that long?
    For most people, I really don't see what difference it makes.
    I can't stand when people say that.

Who wants to stay plugged in when you are using a "mobile device! "

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    JR A likes this.
    02-10-13 08:17 PM
    Couldn't agree more, I hate constantly having to charge. I am using exchange since imap doesn't support my Google calendar

02-11-13 01:40 AM
    I really don't see the big deal about charging my phone at work. I keep a USB cable plugged in my computer at work and one at home.

There's zero reason to not just plug my phone in at work if its going to just be sitting on my desk anyways. Then if I won't be home for a bit for whatever reason, my phone is fresh to go.
    02-11-13 02:30 AM
    Welcome to the world of touch screen phones Crackberry. There is a bit of sacrifice for having such a new and slick UI and beautiful screen. Until battery technology improves, this is what all smartphone users have to adjust to.
    OrangeAstronaut likes this.
    02-11-13 06:33 AM
    It's not about functionality. Batteries arent what they can be and you're lucky this is one of the best there is. If I stuck you with an iPhone, you would puke if you are complaining about the Z10 battery.
    02-11-13 08:14 AM
28 12