Since I am not am app developer, I don't want to make any assumptions. However how long does it take to make an app for BlackBerry? I remember back in May 14th, Songza announced they were going native to BlackBerry 10 (they currently have an android port in app world) however the announcement being six months old and the recent run of events, I think it got scrapped. If it wasn't scrapped, it got pushed waAaaay into the back burner.

BlackBerry keeps boasting how bb10 is so easy to code for, so either BlackBerry is lying and it is in fact hard to code, or Songza bailed due to the possibility of BB10 going bust. This just sucks, there was Songza and a few other apps that announced they were going native a few months back fall off the grid for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 04:21 AM
    Well I guess that would depend on how involved the app is. I use Songza right now. What's wrong with it? Seems to work find for me.
    10-13-13 08:08 AM
    Actually, the easiest major OSes for coding an app is Android. And, about how long it gonna take? it depends on how much efforts do you throw on the process of making it. And also, not to forget your app itself, it depends on what type of app you are making, if it's a gaming app, it would take longer times. But again, depends on your efforts.
    10-13-13 08:55 AM
    Well I guess that would depend on how involved the app is. I use Songza right now. What's wrong with it? Seems to work find for me.
    Nothing beats native you have to admit

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:14 AM
    BlackBerry only has a small piece of the global market, and are likely getting overlooked by devs

Devving software isn't just a one man gig, usually a team, small or large, then it gets put through QA, it's the process itself that is lengthy.

Also, the bigger the company, the slower it usually moves.

?10
    10-13-13 02:00 PM
    I'm a daily songza user and am pissed they haven't gone native yet, even though they said they would. Sure the Android port works, kinda. Sometimes I have to restart the app numerous times during my training sessions which I then shut it down completely and open my own music library. Hope they get their s!?t together soon.
    01-03-14 02:42 PM
    It doesn't take any longer than 2 weeks - I'm going by a PHP point of view though.

The system that is involved in making apps for bb10 might be different but don't eat the BS that they're still "working" on it.

Making breakfast on the back of my Z10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    01-03-14 03:00 PM
    2 weeks? For a detailed, quality app, we're talking months.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 03:06 PM
    2 weeks? For a detailed, quality app, we're talking months.

Posted via CB10
    Ya that's with beta testing and what not. If this was iOS, They would've released it even with a few bugs. The fact that we would get it in Cascades would give bb10 users a bit of patience towards the dev which I doubt is a one man show.

Making breakfast on the back of my Z10
    01-03-14 03:08 PM
    Op, it is all depend upon who is doing the programming. Like master Picasso, few minutes of his time produced a master piece, for me, years without fruitful outcome. If you would try out your self, the developing kits are there. You might be a new Picasso (BlackBerry 10 OS Programmer's Guide

The BlackBerry 10 OS Programmer's Guide is intended for developers who are building applications that will run under the BlackBerry 10 OS.) do a Google search, it will lead you there.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 03:44 PM
    I don't buy the excuses either. "Still working on it". "In development". For over half a year????
    01-03-14 03:56 PM
    An app doesn't take long to make. Like somebody posted above, you can make one in 2 weeks or less. But keep in mind that the app will be horrible.
    Now if you want a quality app with good interface will take time. Coding alone can take you a few days, if it isn't a new app, to a few weeks if the bug is serious or you're making a new app.

Coming from Android. I use to see group of devs take weeks to fix issues that seemed to simple to solve

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:48 PM
    It really does take longer than you think, especially if it's a complex app. But it definitely sounds like they're not really committed to the project, or we'd have already seen something of their efforts.

So it could be someone's side project, which kept getting pushed aside. Or contracted out to some shop that they didn't want to pay enough money to. Or something they just deprioritized to oblivion during the doom and gloom announcements of this past summer. We really don't know.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:44 PM
    OK show of hands (or clicks on the like button I guess?) who thinks songza stopped development on a native app due to recent news about BlackBerry and saw it as a waste of resources?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:33 PM
    OK show of hands (or clicks on the like button I guess?) who thinks songza stopped development on a native app due to recent news about BlackBerry and saw it as a waste of resources?

Posted via CB10
    It's been 9 months by the way. 9 months!!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:34 PM