I just bought a curve 8330 and I love it, but I have to charge it daily. Is this normal. I did fully charge it when I got it. I was just wondering because I have never had a phone that I had to charge daily. Thanks
    Last edited by Kellyrel; 01-04-09 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
    01-04-09 06:59 PM
    It could be normal depending on your usage. My experience with the 8330 was that I had 20-30 percent juice left.

I sms/bbm a lot as well. Light on the email.
    01-04-09 07:00 PM
    Sorry I dont know what that means??? but thanks for the response.
    01-04-09 07:06 PM
    OK, if you charge the phone and then immediately switch it off, the battery will last a long time.

If you charge the battery and make one single phone call from a bad reception area then it will only last abut 90 minutes.

Somewhere in between my two silly extremes lies normal use. I charge my phone every night andn when I get home at night the battery is normally at about 60%. This depends on how many calls I have made or received during the day. I use Auto On/Off during the night so that if I do not charge, the batter will remain at about 60% overnght. However if I go through another day withut charging, the battery is at about 20%. At 15% rthe readio will cut off so I charge every night and keep a spare battery and USB charger in the car.

I hope this helps.
    01-04-09 07:15 PM
    What is that and how do I see if mine is on?
    01-04-09 07:28 PM
    I get 2 days with each charge. I use the internet all the time and receive texts occasionly. I also shut off my phone each night. I could go 3 days with less to no internet use but that's not realistic haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 07:53 PM
    i charge every night with heavy text and email messages and internet usage and a few calls i am down to about 50% to 60% by the time i go to bed. at night i cut every thing off but the phone part and then put it into the charging pod that i have on my table by my bed.
    01-04-09 08:03 PM
    At the end of the day I usually have around 2-3 bars left. Mind you my internet on my phone has about 3 hours of constant use a day depending on if im working, on my computer at home or not driving and riding passenger all day hahah.
    01-04-09 08:07 PM
    hhhmmm i use my bb all day and I dont charge it till the next day
    my batt last a long time
    01-04-09 08:12 PM
    I turn off and charge my curve every night. With heavy calling, and email, I still usually have 2-3 bars at night when I turn it off.
    01-04-09 08:17 PM
    I just got one of these 8330's from Sprint and with heavy usage I've had to charge it daily over the past few days. The lowest I've let the battery get was 35%. I really love this phone it does so many neat things.
    01-04-09 08:23 PM
    How do I shut everything off except the phone??? Thx
    01-04-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD